Stoudamire gets rookie of the year.

Stoudamire gets rookie of the year.

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:12 pm

After a stellar freshman campaign, Amaré Stoudemire was named the got milk? Rookie of the Year on Thursday. Stoudemire helped lead Phoenix to NBA Playoffs 2003.

And in my honest opinion, this is not a kid, guy, nor a man. This is a beast. He played great all year, and you can see he's improoving. The guy is just a kid in a mans body, and is absolutly talented. I like him alot, good Job Amare!
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby FirstLady on Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:20 pm

He definitely deserves it! Kid came into the league playing like he's been there all along. Congrats, Amare!
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)

Postby Lakers4Ever on Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:30 pm

I agree!! He makes Yao Ming look like dirt. Ming practically fell apart towards the end of the season, whereas Stoudamire only got better. Congrats Amare, YOU DESERVED IT!! I mean dam, how many rookies come into the NBA and avg over 15-20ppgs?? Esp. straight out of high school???? WOW!
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:33 pm

I'm so proud that Amare got the Rookie of the Year...When was the last time someone came straight outta HS and play in the NBA and get the Rookie of the Year? That's tight! I'm glad Yao didn't get it cuz his team didn't make the playoffs nor did he live up to all the hype the media was boastin about him... Go Suns! lol :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Reddy on Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:49 pm

YEah amare is great
especailly when he sit 3 against spurs in game 1 to send game into ot
now thats a beast, and the guys got such a HUGE future ahead of him! :bow:
go suns beat spurs!
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby BDG on Sun Apr 27, 2003 2:20 am

even kobe said he deserved the award. basically, amare is the future of the NBA.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Snakell Beast on Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:46 am

He is the Shaq of power forwards. Enough Said!
Snakell Beast

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:18 am

Oh yes for sure, it's just so hard to realize this kid was a high schooler last year...
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Lakers4PEAT on Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:25 am

well..i thought Yao deserved it, despite losing his game towards the end of the season but hey he lost his coach Rudy T. who obviously means a great deal to him, he may have come to the nba knowing how to play the game but remember he played in China...not Europe, and also having to learn and understand english as he plays...can u even imagine that ? imagine going to play professional ball in China without understanding the language and a whole different culture..say what u want but he was the rookie of the year in my book
Wurdizzlez!
Lakers4PEAT

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon Apr 28, 2003 6:28 am

Lakers4PEAT wrote:well..i thought Yao deserved it, despite losing his game towards the end of the season but hey he lost his coach Rudy T. who obviously means a great deal to him, he may have come to the nba knowing how to play the game but remember he played in China...not Europe, and also having to learn and understand english as he plays...can u even imagine that ? imagine going to play professional ball in China without understanding the language and a whole different culture..say what u want but he was the rookie of the year in my book

Sure Yao gots a lot to learn, but Amare was just better prepared for the NBA. Dayam correct me if I'm wrong, but is Amare the 1st High Schooler to get the rookie of the year award??
LakersGyrl2003

Return to NBA Discussion