Suns trade Knight for Jahidi White

Suns trade Knight for Jahidi White

Postby JSM on Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:12 pm

The Suns traded Brevin Knight to the Wizards for Jahidi White.
Sportsline:"By acquiring a veteran guard in Brevin Knight, it will make our point guard position even more competitive," Wizards GM Ernie Grunfeld said.

"Jahidi will have an opportunity to play more minutes with Phoenix," Grunfeld said.

"It helps us next summer with cap flexibility. We think it's good for growth," Washington

http://sportsline.com/nba/story/6808693
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby JSM on Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:26 pm

This is actually a very good move for both teams. It gives the Suns another, well needed big man. And gave the WIzards even more depth coming off the bench.

The Wizards must not expect to have all of their guards back next season, though, or why else would they do this.
Look at all their players that can play the point:
Arenas, Blake, Dixon, Knight, Whitney, and Hughes.

I guess the Wizards got him for veteran leadership.

This was good for the Suns because they are a small team, that lacks D. Now White can't do much, but he is another big body in the paint, and will probably see a lot of minutes at the center position.
Why this was beneficial to them:
1. Gugliotta is usually hurt and his skills are depreciating rather quickly
2. Cabarkapa is only a rookie
3. Voskuhl has problems guarding big men, and gets into a lot of foul trouble
4. Trybanski is not someone you want to be forced to rely on
5. Williams is injured
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby BDG on Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:28 pm

And remember, by getting rid of Brevin Knight, Barbosa will get PT too and he can grow into the good player he's been hyped up to be.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby rydjorker121 on Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:32 pm

White 6'9" haha...a laugher...but he can shotblock, something the Suns need...haha their only shotblocker is high-leaping Shawn Marion and Amare Stoudemire...and I swear, Marion can really block shots...he plays higher than himself....rebounding, but he has shooting guard mentality on the offensive end, and PF mentality on the defensive end....that's why he's so likeable, he's such a crazy guy....but anyway, although White can't score, he brings toughness to the team...except his injuries...bleh...Knight however is a great deal with all those PGs in Washington and brings his vetship there...at the final end of his contract...awesome deal...and he makes sweet decisions...great trade for both teams.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby rydjorker121 on Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:33 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:And remember, by getting rid of Brevin Knight, Barbosa will get PT too and he can grow into the good player he's been hyped up to be.

I wanted BARBOSA over Cook! :man6:
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby BDG on Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:46 pm

Me too, I think Cook's gonna be a bust... I have a feeling.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby SWOL on Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:20 pm

kupjack cant draft man....kareem, Cook?????? WTF
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:34 pm

swolswol wrote:kupjack cant draft man....kareem, Cook?????? WTF

for tha last f'n time he didnt draft RUSH tha damn Toronto Raptors did and then we traded Hunter and our first round pick (chris jeffries who hasnt even played that much for tha raps) for tracy murray and KAREEM RUSH...

Rush was #20 in tha draft
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:35 pm

Yeah, but still, the point is he traded for him... I don't blame him for drafting Rush though, it just looks like Kareem's gonna be a bust.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:46 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:Yeah, but still, the point is he traded for him... I don't blame him for drafting Rush though, it just looks like Kareem's gonna be a bust.

yea we all thot George was gonna be a bust too...and slava...and madsen...and the rest of tha late first rounders...we're jus so f*cking impatient its a disgrace u call urselves laker fans...rush is comin into his 2nd year...jus tell me what the HELL george was doing in HIS 2nd year? or SLava? or madsen? these guys were all on tha damn bench! When Kareem enters his 3rd or 4th NBA season...thats when he starts to become a contributor...

and ur forgetting Kareem is playing with 4 HOF's, has limited PT, is ONLY in his 2nd year, is playin behind tha greatest 2 guard in tha game(kobe of course), and is playin in an offense which is tough to grasp even after 2 years....hes playin out of position(he sholdnt be bringin tha ball up)...and hes playin for one of tha toughest coaches in tha league who is not fond of ROOKIES or YOUNG players(imagine if Kobe had Phil when he FIRST entered tha league)...give tha guy an f'n break and jus be patient with Rush cuz hes only in his 2nd year and there is not alot you can do about him missing shots...everyone is gonna miss shots and he barely gets to play...if he played 30 mpg i guarantee you he'd be gettin atleast 8ppg if not more cuz his shot attempts will go up and his confidence will boost too...
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:51 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:we're jus so f*cking impatient its a disgrace u call urselves laker fans
I'm not gonna get into this, but how are we disgraces as Laker fans just because we're disappointed with Rush's performance? Don't start calling us "disgraces" just cuz Rush hasn't been putting up numbers.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:54 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:we're jus so f*cking impatient its a disgrace u call urselves laker fans
I'm not gonna get into this, but how are we disgraces as Laker fans just because we're disappointed with Rush's performance? Don't start calling us "disgraces" just cuz Rush hasn't been putting up numbers.

I think u are disgraces jus for bein IMPATIENT always wanting finished products and raggin' on rush all tha time...what were u guys sayin when kobe was airballin' shots durin his 1st and 2nd yrs in tha NBA?? What were you sayin when George was terrible and couldnt contribute off tha bench?

ok i did go a lil overboard but u guys need to get some f'n patience and look at reality...HES PLAYIN WITH 4 HOF's AND LIMITED PLAYING TIME AND HES ONLY IN HIS SECOND YEAR I MEAN WHAT DID U EXPECT FROM RUSH
FabFourLakers

Postby SWOL on Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:41 am

FabFourLakers wrote:

for tha last f'n time he didnt draft RUSH tha damn Toronto Raptors did and then we traded Hunter and our first round pick (chris jeffries who hasnt even played that much for tha raps) for tracy murray and KAREEM RUSH...

LET ME CORRECT YOU RIGHT THERE, THE TRADE WAS AGREED UPON AN HOUR AND A HALF BEFORE THE START OF THE DRAFT, TORONTO (WHO ALREADY HAD VINCE AND MO PETE)DRAFTED WHO MITCH TOLD THEM TO DRAFT AND VICE VERSA, SO JUST BECAUSE DAVID STERN SAID "WITH THE 20TH PICK THE RAPTORS SELECT," DOESNT GET MR CUP-JACK OFF THE HOOK, THAT IS WHO HE TOLD THE RAPTORS TO SELECT, SO THAT IS HIS DRAFT PICK, AND AS OF RIGHT NOW THAT PICK SUX, AND LIKE BDG SAID I GOT A BAD FEELING ABOUT COOKIE BOY
SWOL

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:00 pm

swolswol wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:

LET ME CORRECT YOU RIGHT THERE, THE TRADE WAS AGREED UPON AN HOUR AND A HALF BEFORE THE START OF THE DRAFT, TORONTO (WHO ALREADY HAD VINCE AND MO PETE)DRAFTED WHO MITCH TOLD THEM TO DRAFT AND VICE VERSA, SO JUST BECAUSE DAVID STERN SAID "WITH THE 20TH PICK THE RAPTORS SELECT," DOESNT GET MR CUP-JACK OFF THE HOOK, THAT IS WHO HE TOLD THE RAPTORS TO SELECT, SO THAT IS HIS DRAFT PICK, AND AS OF RIGHT NOW THAT PICK SUX, AND LIKE BDG SAID I GOT A BAD FEELING ABOUT COOKIE BOY

and how do u know this? i never heard about that...well anyway sorry for raggin on all of u but we didnt pick him
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:17 pm

We basically did pick him, we traded for his draft rights.

But let's even say we didn't pick him. It makes no difference. The point is that we traded for him! And he's not looking too good.

I wouldn't be concerned about Rush if he made some of his shots and looked semi-confident out there. But he hasn't been doing either of the two.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby SWOL on Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:45 pm

give him a chance to learn....last year Fred Jones was garbage on the Pacers, this year he is gettin run, just takes pateince, infact im watching the pacers/nets and Jones had an ill dunk
SWOL

Postby rydjorker121 on Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:25 pm

and don't forget MARCUS HAISLIP....I love watching that guy, he's so caoachable and he can dunk on your face if he feels like it...that guy wasn't a bust last year, he hardly played..but Rush, now, he seems to bricking shots everywhere on the floor, his poor rebound and assists numbers don't even help our team...I'm a fan of Rush 'cause he's totally a tight flick, but his game needs improvement...through exposure.

Whoa...how the hell did we get here? I thought this thread was about Jahidi White and Brevin Knight.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Return to NBA Discussion