Surprise, Surprise....trade between Memphis and Portland

Postby JSM on Sat Dec 27, 2003 8:19 pm

Bonzi scores his season high, and gives Memphis hope. Even though the Grizz. lost to Dallas by 6 (98-104), they got a huge game out of Bonzi. He plays 31 minutes and scores 30 points. He shot 12-26 from the field, grabbed 7 rebounds, got 2 steals, 5 assists, and 2 blocks.

Now if only he could start playing that hard and with that much effort for the rest of the season, they would be extremely happy with him.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Roscoe on Sat Dec 27, 2003 8:21 pm

Kobe834 wrote:I feel good for Wesley Person. I always felt that he deserved a better team. It's good for him to get outta that hellhole we call Memphis. Great trade, but would could happen if Memphis gets a high pick next season and have to trade him away? Will they regret it?

I don't think they would regret it because they already have sooooo much talent and they are deeper than the ocean. A rookie wouldn't find any room in Memphis. They can package a great deal for a superstar if they wanted and likely will...

"Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:02 pm

what im wondering is why hasnt bonzi started yet?

did anyone see what happened to hubie durin tha game? he like collapsed durin a timeout! it was scary as hell! then he got back up and sat on tha bench and said "no im fine"...man what a true warrior hubie is...

yea great game by bonzi...but he needs to start for them and have posey off tha bench...
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:08 pm

I think they are trying to bring him along slowly and let him start, when Hubie thinks he's ready. And if he keeps playing like this, then he may be in the starting line up very soon.

I think they love what Posey brings to them though. That toughness, like when he threw down Peja (the local papers and his teammates praised him for that),
JSM

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:15 pm

yea but u get tha same player in wells...posey should come off tha bench to bring that intensity to tha 2nd unit...wells is more starter material than posey is...i like posey and battier comin in for miller and wells...its like gettin tha same 2 players from tha bench
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:22 pm

I think Battier or Posey should start with Bonzi, because Miller is in a real slump and hasn't done anything for them recently.
Past 5 game:
Dec 20 (@ NOR)-8 points
Dec 22 (@ DEN)-6 points
Dec 23 (@ SAC)-9 points
Dec 26 (NYK)-0 points
Dec 27 (@DAL)-3 points

And having that kind of shooter off the bench can really help your team out
JSM

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion