Team to fear in the West? The Nuggets?

Team to fear in the West? The Nuggets?

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:03 pm

Okay so I watched the OKC/Denver game and they look pretty decent. Granted they play better at home, but it seems like they have a formula working there. They know how to beat teams. They have no superstars or explosive players but they seem to know how to beat teams that are better than them with the players they have. George Karl is a great coach, that's my opinion though. Should teams be a little concerned about them?
Jazzygirl205

Re: Team to fear in the West? The Nuggets?

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:32 pm

Jazzygirl205 wrote:Okay so I watched the OKC/Denver game and they look pretty decent. Granted they play better at home, but it seems like they have a formula working there. They know how to beat teams. They have no superstars or explosive players but they seem to know how to beat teams that are better than them with the players they have. George Karl is a great coach, that's my opinion though. Should teams be a little concerned about them?

George Karl is actually a terrible coach and they could be a lot better if Karl used the right rotations. I dont get why he gets so much credit...he had WC sitting on the bench for so damn long and now because Gallo went down, that's the reason WC got ample PT and now that Karl sees he can play, now he's playing him. Karl also loves to hate players like JR Smith or McGee....McGee needs to play a lot more if they're paying him 10M...gotta develop him as much as possible. And Karl relies way too much on Andre Miller.
FabFourLakers

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:35 pm

I think the Nuggets are a team to fear if they figure out who their go to guy is....WC is pretty nice, Lawson is nice, and Gallo, i dunno he's good soemtimes. But I think that George Karl is one of the most overrated coaches in the league and i knwo this because my cousin has been a fan of the Nuggets for 29 years and he watches every single game. Karl loves to rely on vets like Andre Miller or Anthony Carter and he usually puts those guys on bigger 2 guards on Defense and Nuggets get killed because of that.
FabFourLakers

Postby The Rock on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:13 pm

I think this might be the 2004 Detroit Pistons type fluke year where a team without superstars can actually win a ring, I think they're legit. Their 3rd string guys would start on most teams...Evan Fournier, Jordan Hamilton, Julyan Stone and Timfoey Mozgov, They have size, speed, shooting, versatility, athleticism, rebounding...only shaky thing is Free throws and end game execution but I think Andre Miller is perfect for that kind of situations. This is a scary scary team and they're making all this noise without Gallinari r healthy who is arguably their best player

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby therealdeal on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:24 pm

The Nuggets cannot win a half court game. Their fast breaks are deadly because of their speed and athleticism, but they can't win a real half court team. They'd lose to the Spurs for sure. They'd have a tough time with Memphis.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:56 pm

I bet Andre Igoudala is happy he left Phillidelphia.
Jazzygirl205

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:08 pm

No. The Nuggets are no more than the Suns, kings, blazers and Nuggets of old. They run fast and score fast but come playoffs they can't play a slowdown game when it comes to playoffs. Also, in the playoffs they wouldn't get away with all those offensive fouls (shoving) they get away with especially against a team like OKC or SAS.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby JSM on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:15 pm

4 words: Regular Season Fools Gold.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:08 pm

The Rock wrote:I think this might be the 2004 Detroit Pistons type fluke year where a team without superstars can actually win a ring, I think they're legit. Their 3rd string guys would start on most teams...Evan Fournier, Jordan Hamilton, Julyan Stone and Timfoey Mozgov, They have size, speed, shooting, versatility, athleticism, rebounding...only shaky thing is Free throws and end game execution but I think Andre Miller is perfect for that kind of situations. This is a scary scary team and they're making all this noise without Gallinari r healthy who is arguably their best player

No andre miller is terrible and George Karl thinks he's a go to guy down the stretch. While he has delivered at times...he never does in the playoffs. And that's why George Karl is a terrible coach. You got 3 guys that can really develop into that end of game kinda player to take the last shot.....WC, Gallo and Lawson...and yet I bet if Andre Miller is on the floor..he'll get the ball. You gotta develop those 3 guys....one of them needs to become an all star...all 3 are def capable but I think it comes down to coaching...if they had a coach like Vogel or a Monty Williams...i guarantee they would be even better than they are right now. Nobody ever talks about Karl being a bad coach cuz he's been there for so damn long and they've experienced so much "success" over the years with him (yeah one trip to WCF will get you that notoriety, forget the multiple first round exits).
FabFourLakers

Postby abeer3 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:21 pm

no.
abeer3

Return to NBA Discussion