The Future of the NBA....

The Future of the NBA....

Postby Kobe's Empire on Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:29 pm

these are the players that are the future of the NBA and the ones that will keep the NBA's money coming.....

1.) Kobe
2.) T-Crap
3.) Carmello Anthony (this guy is going to be amazing)
4.) Lebron
5.) Vince Carter
6.) KG
7.) mayyyyybe Paul Pierce

these guys are the future of the NBA. dont give me any of this duncrap nonsense. hes not going to attrack viewers and keep the NBA in business. His rings are a fluke. Out of all of these, i can see Carmello and Lebron getting rings in the future. Kobe has one. KG, vince, and tmac are going to be charles barkley's and old karl malones and john stocktons. players, but no rings.
Kobe's Empire

Re: The Future of the NBA....

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:09 pm

Kobe's Empire wrote:these are the players that are the future of the NBA and the ones that will keep the NBA's money coming.....

1.) Kobe
2.) T-Crap
3.) Carmello Anthony (this guy is going to be amazing)
4.) Lebron
5.) Vince Carter
6.) KG
7.) mayyyyybe Paul Pierce

these guys are the future of the NBA. dont give me any of this duncrap nonsense. hes not going to attrack viewers and keep the NBA in business. His rings are a fluke. Out of all of these, i can see Carmello and Lebron getting rings in the future. Kobe has one. KG, vince, and tmac are going to be charles barkley's and old karl malones and john stocktons. players, but no rings.

sorry karl is gettin his ring next summer...so they wont be karl malones...and BY THA WAY, i believe KG will get a ring, but vince carter and T-mac will never get one...and where is allen iverson on that list? steve francis? Jason richardson? these are entertaining players, and jason kidd still has 6 years in him...ur missing lots of players on that list...but definetly Kobe, T-MAc and yao, yes yao ming, will keep the NBA's money up...
FabFourLakers

Postby SWOL on Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:23 pm

Definately Paul Pierce

most certainly Amare Stoudemire???

and my sleeper Corey Maggette
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:02 pm

Future NBA young'uns who would make an impact for the next 10-12 years:

1) Kobe Bryant
2) Kevin Garnett
3) Tim Duncan
4) Stephon Marbury
5) Baron Davis
6) Carmelo Anthony
7) Amare Stoudemire
8) Corey Maggette
9) Elton Brand
10) Gilbert Arenas
11) Paul Pierce...
12) LeBron James
13) Dirk Nowitzki
14) Chauncey Billups (sleeper)
15) Richard Hamilton
16) Kwame Brown (depends)
17) Dwyane Wade (never saw so OPEN a door)
18) Jermaine O'Neal
19) Andrei Kirilenko (sleeper)
20) Kenyon Martin
21) Richard Jefferson (half-half)
22) Zach Randolph (if Portland trades Wallace, he should make some noise)
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Kobe834 on Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:29 pm

Amares nickname is the "future" so no doubt but definitely Carmello
Kobe834

Postby LakerFanFor16Years on Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:51 pm

U guys are forgeting Darko Millicic
LakerFanFor16Years

Postby BDG on Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:53 pm

He might be a bust though...
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby hig on Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:53 pm

Kobe has ONE??
hig

Postby BDG on Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:55 pm

Kobe has one what?
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby JSM on Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:57 pm

he was talking about one ring, he was wondering what KE meant in his post when he said

KE-
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby BDG on Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:00 am

Oh thanks jsm... yeah, in case you haven't noticed, Kobe's got 3 rings already baby!

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Guest on Wed Sep 24, 2003 9:11 am

rydjorker121 wrote:Future NBA young'uns who would make an impact for the next 10-12 years:

1) Kobe Bryant
2) Kevin Garnett
3) Tim Duncan
4) Stephon Marbury
5) Baron Davis
6) Carmelo Anthony
7) Amare Stoudemire
8) Corey Maggette
9) Elton Brand
10) Gilbert Arenas
11) Paul Pierce...
12) LeBron James
13) Dirk Nowitzki
14) Chauncey Billups (sleeper)
15) Richard Hamilton
16) Kwame Brown (depends)
17) Dwyane Wade (never saw so OPEN a door)
18) Jermaine O'Neal
19) Andrei Kirilenko (sleeper)
20) Kenyon Martin
21) Richard Jefferson (half-half)
22) Zach Randolph (if Portland trades Wallace, he should make some noise)

Where is Yao on that list? He should easily be in the TOP 10. I see many rings for that dude.

Postby hig on Wed Sep 24, 2003 9:53 am

BryantDunkGiant wrote:Oh thanks jsm... yeah, in case you haven't noticed, Kobe's got 3 rings already baby!

Oh, I noticed...that's why I commented. : )
hig

Postby BDG on Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:47 am

Haha I know, it's all good!

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby hig on Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:22 pm

BTW....LOVE your video clips!!!
hig

Postby BDG on Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:32 pm

Thanks man! We're planning on expanding the theater section a LOT during the next couple months. Expect a LOT of updates from me once we get the new Theater section set up...

BDG
Retired Admin

2003 DRAFT COULD BECOME ONE OF BEST IN A LONG TIME!!

Postby LAKERNATION on Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:34 pm

LakerFanFor16Years wrote:U guys are forgeting Darko Millicic

DONT FORGET CHRIS BOSH EITHER...ALTHO HE WASNT THAT IMPRESSIVE AS FRESHMAN AT GA TECH, WORD IS HE IMPROVED LOTS BEFORE PRE-DRAFT CAMP & THATS WHY HE WENT SO HIGH!!
LOTS OF FOLKS THINK DARKO COULD BE ALL THAT---THE 1ST TOP-NOTCH EURO TO PLAY WITH AN AMERICAN FLAVOR TO HIS GAME!!

THEN THERE ARE ? MARKS LIKE T.J.FORD, DWAYNE WADE, ETC.. I PERSONALLY THINK THE NBA HAS A GREAT FUTURE IN THE POST-JORDAN ERA!! :jam2:
PURPLE & GOLD FOREVER
LAKERNATION

Postby BDG on Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:37 pm

LeBron and Carmelo are getting all the hype, but Bosh is gonna dominate in a few years... he'll almost be a sleeper since he's being so overlooked.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby rydjorker121 on Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:38 pm

okay everyone...sorry if I didn't mention everybody...my brain wasn't straight yesterday, I'm soo sorry....

But personally I don't think Yao Ming would be active for the next 10-12 years. He is fundamentally sound for a center and has a beauticiously finesse game, but his claim to fame has been over already. They say that when you get the most hype you a rookie, because at college you expund yourself more, if I remember this dude said that Kobe averaged 30 points, 10 rebounds and 6 assists at college or something around those numbers. Yao seems to get tired often at the court and I assume that he'll last for the next 6-7 years. Of course, I'm biased.

Chris Bosh, I know that guy yonder from Georgia Tech, and I love his lanky frame and his perimeter game, and although he has some ruggish defensive skills, and is altogether a marvelously unique player, you can't say that he's altogether perfect. He may struggle and he lacks post game. unless he's the next Dirk Nowitzki or something around that level would he be expected to trounce around as a star in the league.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Guest on Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:53 pm

this is KOBE'S EMPIRE..........and all of you are missing hte point......

you people are listing the future all stars. im saying the jordans nad magics and birds that really stand out. not all the all stars.

kobe and t-mac are the best rivalry, Nique and MJ or Isiah and Magic. u guys cant tell me people are going to consider yao or steve francis or stephon as the real bigtime super super stars of hte elite. im sorry if i was misleading with the title....but i mean the real REAL stars.

i truely believe its going to be kobe vs. melo in the west for years to come to verse lebron and t-crap in the est to meet in the finals. truely, how amazing would that be. who wouldnt want to see these 4 players over and over again. pierce will be a star, but hes not going to be at the level of KOBE. and for those who think i put kobe has 1 ring , u people should expand your minds.

Postby JSM on Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:34 pm

shouldn't we move this to NBA smack, since it is about players from a lot of NBA teams, and not just the Lakers
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

I THOUGHT THE FUTURE WAS THE POINT!!

Postby LAKERNATION on Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:14 pm

KOBE IS MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE PLAYER & i think he'll dominate for years to come, but i thought this thread was titled "FUTURE OF THE NBA"!!!
Last edited by LAKERNATION on Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PURPLE & GOLD FOREVER
LAKERNATION

I THOUGHT THE FUTURE WAS THE POINT!!

Postby LAKERNATION on Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:20 pm

Anonymous wrote:this is KOBE'S EMPIRE..........and all of you are missing hte point......

you people are listing the future all stars. im saying the jordans nad magics and birds that really stand out. not all the all stars.

MAYBE YOU COULD GO TO EDIT & CHANGE THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD FROM "FUTURE OF THE NBA" TO SOMETHING ELSE!! (just kidding)
PURPLE & GOLD FOREVER
LAKERNATION

Postby BDG on Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:24 pm

It's moved now.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:19 pm

i forgot who said corey maggette but hes definetly a sleeper...and rashard lewis too...

but if ur talkin bout the "real" superstars, i'd say Kobe vs T-Mac will be an ongoing rivalry and that will get alot of hype...
FabFourLakers

Next

Return to NBA Discussion