Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:44 pm

So lets take a quick look at what the Kings have done this summer:

Got:
Brad Miller, an unproven center from the east
2nd round pick

Lost:
Hedo Turkoglu, had alot of potential but his minutes were stolen by JJ
Scot Pollard, was solid when in the game and not injured for the Kings
Keon Clark, they shoulda ATLEAST gotten a player in return for the amount of talent this guy has
Mateen Cleaves, never got the chance
And POSSIBLY: Jimmy Jackson, looks like he is goin to Minn or NJ, SAC better hope he feels like coming back.

So basically, they got rid of 3 talented and young players, and got Brad Miller and a 2nd round pick. ANd oh yea if they were giving away all those guys to get jim jackson back, they seriously need to take another look at themselves. They need to get younger not older. Hedo was a great backup for Peja, and he did alot of tha same things Peja did. And NOW they dont have a power forward for the first 2 months of the season, and if they go with miller and divac, they'll have funderburke as a back up, and they wont have a back up center. They have dismantled their bench for no reason. They only have 10 players now, and they hafta sign 2 free agents from their camp before the season starts. Man they are screwed. What was Petrie thinking?
FabFourLakers

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:50 pm

The Kings are SCREWED

Pretty much... :scurred: :shootc:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby echo nation on Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:09 am

i hope JJ goes to the Nets they need to rack up more talent

we need more competition in the east
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby BDG on Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:59 am

I don't think I've ever seen Mateen Cleaves when he's not waving a towel.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:51 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:I don't think I've ever seen Mateen Cleaves when he's not waving a towel.

:scream:

soooo true but he was one helluva player in college at michigan state with jason richardson.
FabFourLakers

Postby echo nation on Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:57 pm

lot of players were good in college....

sad huh?
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:08 pm

echo nation wrote:lot of players were good in college....

sad huh?

you make a good point

most players that werent GREAT in college become superstars in the NBA
FabFourLakers

Postby 2BContN2004 on Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:19 pm

The Queens screwed themselves starting with the big contract they gave Doug Christie a couple of years ago. Then the Webber contract but that one I believe is worth it. And last year, Bibby. They have overpaid their players just to keep the nucleus. And what do they have in return? Two Pacific Division Championships, not much to brag about but they do have the banners up at ARCO. And now they got Shaq's OVERRATED [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] Brad Miller. Now they are trying to find ways to cut their luxury tax this year.

Joe Maloof was on a local radio station last week talking about not going after JJ for more than the vet. minimum. I don't see him coming back to Sac next year.
2BContN2004

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:58 pm

sacramento queens.. how sad. i'm going to miss watching us beat up on those guys, we atleast still get to see kobe nock down bibby, and shaq kill divac.
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:18 pm

2BContN2004 wrote:The Queens screwed themselves starting with the big contract they gave Doug Christie a couple of years ago. Then the Webber contract but that one I believe is worth it. And last year, Bibby. They have overpaid their players just to keep the nucleus. And what do they have in return? Two Pacific Division Championships, not much to brag about but they do have the banners up at ARCO. And now they got Shaq's OVERRATED [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] Brad Miller. Now they are trying to find ways to cut their luxury tax this year.

Joe Maloof was on a local radio station last week talking about not going after JJ for more than the vet. minimum. I don't see him coming back to Sac next year.

I didnt know about doug christie's "big" contract. I know about webber's, yes he is KIND OF worth it, i maen with all his injuries, and BIBBY, omg what was his contract worth? I heard it was around 100 million! If that is true, boy did the kings get screwed on that one. Bobby Jackson is better than bibby in my opinion. Yes Sacramento has overpaid their players the past couple years just to keep them together. You know what, its sad how this will all turn out for the kings.
FabFourLakers

Postby Vasashi17 on Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:24 pm

Well since you guys wanted to know their salaries here is a link where you can find out:
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/sacramento.htm

Notice that they pretty much have Webber, Bibby, Miller, Peja and Christie locked away (their future starting line up)...thats not a bad nucleus, but there are no big names on that roster....Webber....please, he can barely stay healthy....way overrated and looks to be the next Vince Carter...but doesn't have the potential VC has. He is not a leader and besides Peja, no one is really consistent on this squad. Another thing to notice is that Vlade is a FA next year and if the queens want to keep him, which they should...they have to pay up again....also Bobby is a FA in 2 years and I personally think is way better than Bibby....if they let him walk...it would be a big mistake. They have a young nucleus, but I don't see it being too successful against a one or two superstar team. You have to remember that Shaq is going to sign a 3 year extension at the end of this summer which would take him to 2009 and with Kobe signing one this coming summer...the Lakers have their dynamic duo for the rest of this decade. The queens will not win while these two are together in LA. Their window of opportunity is pretty much sealed.

Here's the Laker's salary distribution:
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/la_lakers.htm
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:39 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:Well since you guys wanted to know their salaries here is a link where you can find out:
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/sacramento.htm

Notice that they pretty much have Webber, Bibby, Miller, Peja and Christie locked away (their future starting line up)...thats not a bad nucleus, but there are no big names on that roster....Webber....please, he can barely stay healthy....way overrated and looks to be the next Vince Carter...but doesn't have the potential VC has. He is not a leader and besides Peja, no one is really consistent on this squad. Another thing to notice is that Vlade is a FA next year and if the queens want to keep him, which they should...they have to pay up again....also Bobby is a FA in 2 years and I personally think is way better than Bibby....if they let him walk...it would be a big mistake. They have a young nucleus, but I don't see it being too successful against a one or two superstar team. You have to remember that Shaq is going to sign a 3 year extension at the end of this summer which would take him to 2009 and with Kobe signing one this coming summer...the Lakers have their dynamic duo for the rest of this decade. The queens will not win while these two are together in LA. Their window of opportunity is pretty much sealed.

Here's the Laker's salary distribution:
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/la_lakers.htm

holy [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] Bobby Jackson earns less than FUNDERBURKE! Jackson deserves tha same amount as Peja and Bibby! He should ditch tha damn kings!
FabFourLakers

Return to NBA Discussion