The Magic did something right (signed Strickland)

The Magic did something right (signed Strickland)

Postby JSM on Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:07 pm

The Magic signed Rod Strickland today. He should be able to help them out some, and give them a good spark coming off the bench. Now if they just sign a few more free agents, they will be in good shape.

Hoopsworld: 15-year NBA veteran added to Orlando’s backcourt Orlando, FL – The Orlando Magic have signed free agent guard Rod Strickland, General Manager John Gabriel announced today. Strickland will wear #31 and be available for tomorrow’s game vs. Boston. In addition, Orlando has waived guard Derrick Dial.

“Rod (Strickland) brings us some valuable experience and fortifies our backcourt,� said Gabriel. “We’re looking forward to his contributions.�
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Re: The Magic did something right (signed Strickland)

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:30 pm

jsm0331 wrote:The Magic signed Rod Strickland today. He should be able to help them out some, and give them a good spark coming off the bench. Now if they just sign a few more free agents, they will be in good shape.

Hoopsworld: 15-year NBA veteran added to Orlando’s backcourt Orlando, FL – The Orlando Magic have signed free agent guard Rod Strickland, General Manager John Gabriel announced today. Strickland will wear #31 and be available for tomorrow’s game vs. Boston. In addition, Orlando has waived guard Derrick Dial.

“Rod (Strickland) brings us some valuable experience and fortifies our backcourt,� said Gabriel. “We’re looking forward to his contributions.�

all i hafta say is "what took them so long!?!"

im surprised a team like tha raptors didnt sign strickland...
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:03 pm

Good move, Orlando... will it help though? NO!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby shaqpak34 on Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:27 pm

he should help a little, but nope the wins aint gonan com
shaqpak34

Postby shaqpak34 on Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:28 pm

what happens to ty lue??????
shaqpak34

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:39 pm

The Lue-ser comes off the bench..no sorry about that Tyronn if you heard me say that, but where are the assists coming from? Dear Tyronn, if you are on a 1-13 team and the only guy who's getting assists is Tracy McGrady, then you ought to pass the ball more. Sure, a little less than four assists a game is sweet, but you've got to tone the offense and not take unexpected forced up shots. That's bad for the team, and what the hell is Johnny Davis doing?
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Guest on Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:53 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:The Lue-ser comes off the bench..no sorry about that Tyronn if you heard me say that, but where are the assists coming from? Dear Tyronn, if you are on a 1-13 team and the only guy who's getting assists is Tracy McGrady, then you ought to pass the ball more. Sure, a little less than four assists a game is sweet, but you've got to tone the offense and not take unexpected forced up shots. That's bad for the team, and what the hell is Johnny Davis doing?

Please don't smack on tyronne lue. He actually has some game. I would rather have lue than rush anyday.

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:57 pm

as much as i like lue, hes not STARTER MATERIAL!! atleast not at tha PG position...i'd rather have him off tha bench and strickland will actually help this team...he helped minny last year when they had a shortage of PG's...he should make a difference, hes sort of a jimmy jackson from last year and how he helped tha kings out...
FabFourLakers

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:52 pm

Anonymous wrote:
rydjorker121 wrote:The Lue-ser comes off the bench..no sorry about that Tyronn if you heard me say that, but where are the assists coming from? Dear Tyronn, if you are on a 1-13 team and the only guy who's getting assists is Tracy McGrady, then you ought to pass the ball more. Sure, a little less than four assists a game is sweet, but you've got to tone the offense and not take unexpected forced up shots. That's bad for the team, and what the hell is Johnny Davis doing?

Please don't smack on tyronne lue. He actually has some game. I would rather have lue than rush anyday.

Definitely man...but if you say that about Lue then why are you saying that about Rush? Lue stayed on our team for three years, hardly playing any games though, but it was only till the playoffs did he make a significant contribution for us...happy to see my man scoring down there in Orlando...that guy definitely deserves a starting role...but its what you say about Rush that aggravates me...there is a lot of rush threads out there, GUEST, why don't you try seeing people's opinions there
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Return to NBA Discussion