THE MAGIC FINALLY WIN!

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:16 pm

jsm0331 wrote:more proof they won't make the playoffs-they lost again tonight. This time it was to the Bulls, and by 14 points (88-112)

Howard- 10 point on 5-16 shooting
Giricek- 10 points on 3-16 shooting & 10 rebounds
T-Mac-26 points & 8 rebounds
Williams-12 points & 8 assists
Gooden-20 points & 10 boards

not to mention they lost to a SHORTHANDED bulls, who were without eddy curry, tyson chandler and scottie pippen
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:23 pm

one word describes the Magic this year: Embarrassing
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby JSM on Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:35 pm

If I was T-Mac's agent, I would just suggest to him that he not speak at all. Because whenever he opens that big mouth, he only says something that he will regret or make him look stupid. The most recent case of this is...after the Bulls loss he says it wasn't his fault they lost 19 in a row, and the other guys are being selfish.

This has to be one of the funniest things of all time. He...T-Mac...is calling other players selfish, take a look at your own stats T-Mac. He shoots the most and doesn't get many assists. And maybe, just maybe if he could step it up enough and turn his came on (because he says he can turn it on at any time) and score some more, and do some other things...like pass, and get others involved, then the other guys wouldn't have to play "selfish ball".

Yahoo Sports: McGrady scored 26 points, only eight in the second half and none in the final quarter. He had only three shots in the final period.

"Two of them I forced it because I was frustrated. I didn't get any shots because guys were selfish,'' McGrady said.

"The team forgot about team ball,'' McGrady said.

"You get frustrated because you are not making shots because somebody is selfish and it carries over to the defensive end. And it tears your team apart. ... It is a problem, why do you think we lost 19 in a row?
JSM

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:40 pm

if i was orlando, i would trade T-mac, his numbers are WAY DOWN from last year, his fg% is down, his 3 pt fg% is down, his assists are down, his POINTs are down by like 7 pts, his turnovers have gone up from last year, his fouls per game have gone up, tha only thing that has gone up are his rebounds(not much of a diff, 6.5 to 6.7)...

this guy is terrible, hes barely shooting 40% on a team that has no offense...look in tah f*ckin mirror T-MAC!
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:23 pm

T-Mac and his "selfish teammates" come away with a big win over the Pacers. 94-90.

Strickland really stepped it up, since Lue isn't playing due to a injured hip. Rod played 36 minutes, scored 13 points (his season high), got 8 assists, and 5 rebounds. And he gave them a basket in the final seconds, ensuring them the victory.
Bogans had a big game too, getting 15 points & 12 rebounds.
Gooden-pitched in 18 points & 10 rebounds
Howard-scored 19 points
And T-Mac-scored 21 points and passed to his selfish teammates enough to get 11 assists

Now that Magic team could make the playoffs, the problem is they won't see that type of performance from the team for another long while
JSM

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:50 pm

jsm0331 wrote:T-Mac and his "selfish teammates" come away with a big win over the Pacers. 94-90.

Strickland really stepped it up, since Lue isn't playing due to a injured hip. Rod played 36 minutes, scored 13 points (his season high), got 8 assists, and 5 rebounds. And he gave them a basket in the final seconds, ensuring them the victory.
Bogans had a big game too, getting 15 points & 12 rebounds.
Gooden-pitched in 18 points & 10 rebounds
Howard-scored 19 points
And T-Mac-scored 21 points and passed to his selfish teammates enough to get 11 assists

Now that Magic team could make the playoffs, the problem is they won't see that type of performance from the team for another long while

yea im surprised they won this game...but i gotta give it to them, they responded and beat tha best team in tha eastern conference on their home court...gutsy win but like i said before, it'll be a miami heat type of season...up and down(in 01-02, heat started 2-14 and never recovered, they actually got close to tha playoffs but it wasnt enuff, they finished 36-46)...i still dont think they'll make tha playoffs
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:43 am

They win again, this makes it 2 straight. This win comes against the Warriors (119-93).

T-Mac ties his career high in assists, Strickland continues to play well in Lue's absence.

T-Mac-29 points, 12 assists
Howard-18 points & 9 rebounds
Giricek-17 points
Strickland-11 points & 12 assists
Gooden-25 points & 13 boards
Bogans-11 points & 8 rebounds
Last edited by JSM on Sun Dec 21, 2003 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JSM

Postby JSM on Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:49 am

Rumor has it that Howard may be on his way out the door. The Cavs, as well as the Sonics, have shown interest in him.

The Magic want to give Gooden the majority of the minutes, and they don't think Howard will be too happy with a smaller role. Plus, they could get someone they can play along with Gooden and T-mac, instead of having someone come off the bench.
JSM

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Dec 21, 2003 1:18 pm

jsm0331 wrote:Rumor has it that Howard may be on his way out the door. The Cavs, as well as the Sonics, have shown interest in him.

The Magic want to give Gooden the majority of the minutes, and they don't think Howard will be too happy with a smaller role. Plus, they could get someone they can play along with Gooden and T-mac, instead of having someone come off the bench.

yea but howard has been playin good...but gooden has played better...but oh well whatever works for them...they seem to be on tha right track...they're only a half game behind atlanta...they will work their way up tha eastern conference standings...
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Sun Dec 21, 2003 1:26 pm

if a trade happens, and depending on what they could get in return, Giricek may be included in the deal; because him and T-Mac have not been getting along at all and have been fighting for some time now
JSM

Postby JSM on Sun Dec 21, 2003 4:36 pm

wow Magic win again, this makes it 3 straight. Tonight they beat the Raptors 104-93. This a record for them this season, this is the most consecutive gamed they have won this season.

In tonight's win
T-Mac scored 29 points
Howard-20 points & 12 rebounds
Strickland-14 points & 8 assists
Gooden-14 points & 14 rebounds
Lue-he made his come back tonight. He only played 17 minutes, but scored 10 points
JSM

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:51 am

T-mac and tha magic are starting to come together...and they got their first winning streak of tha year...they are now 2nd to last in tha east, and tha HAWKS are now tha worst team in tha league with a 7-22 record...

The magic shouldnt make any trades at this point cuz howard and gooden are playin good and t-mac's numbers are improving....

Finally soem light is shown to tha magic...they've won 6 of their past 8 games after that 1-19 start...
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:23 pm

The Magic might as well send out a memo, making it official that they are the worst team in the league. I don't care what kind of winning streak you go on, when you lose to the shorthanded Sixers by 22 points; who are without AI, Coleman, and Jackson, and you let Robinson shoot 20 shots on you & let him score 22 points (a season high)...then you are a sorry excuse for a team.

T-Mac can't pin this loss on anyone. If he points one finger at someone, blaming them for this loss (like he tends to do), instead of taking blame for any negative thing that happens to the team...then he should be fined by the team or league...because I am sick of his excuses. He just needs to shutup, especially after only making 1 of his first 10 shots tonight.

Here are some of the tonight's stats from the worst team in the league:
    T-Mac-5 turnover, 20 points on 6-19 shooting, Robinson got more shots and points than T-Mac (kind of funny I thought)
    Lue-12 points, 6 rebounds, & 4 turnovers
    Howard-10 points

Final Score:
Sixers 95
Magic 73
JSM

Postby rydjorker121 on Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:06 pm

guess what at that game...it was Kyle Korver again! The guy's a definite sleepah....
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:45 am

haha YES my sixers prevail once again! without iverson, jackson, coleman, green, williams, etc etc

and FINALLY robinson steps up for tha sixers, man i was gettin frustrated with tha way hes been performing for this team, after goin jus 2 for 10 against boston, and then my main man KYLE KORVER, tha next STOJAKOVIC in tha league, steppin up once again with 16 pts(jus 6-17 shooting tho), and MCKIE AND SNOW are definetly tha ironmen of tha sixers, both had big games....

Man i was surprised we beat tha magic by 22 pts, after bein swept by tha magic in last year's regular season(4-0)....even more surprised that we did this without iverson...and u knwo whats funny? t-mac and robinson HATE each other, if u guys remember 2 or 3 yrs back when tha magic and bucks faced eachother in tha 1st round, t-mac said somethin to BIG dog glenn robinson and called him a puppy or somethin, and big dog barked back with "well who's winning?" and bucks went on to win that series...robinson prolly took this game personally and attacked t-mac...hopefully Robinson can get back on tha right track after all tha hype of him bein that 20+ scorer that tha sixers really needed...i mean VAN HORN was avg more than robinson is right now!(15.9 to 13.3)
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:38 pm

well the past 2 Magic games have been interesting. They got a win against Lebron and the Cavs, even though it went into overtime, they still got the win (113-101). And then the next night they lose big to the Spurs, not being able to contain Timmy or Parker.

stats against the Cavs:
T-Mac: 41 points, 11 assists, 8 boards
Howard: 19 points (8 in overtime)
Gooden: 12 points & 10 rebounds
Strickland & Lue: each with 11 points

They seem to really like Strickland, because they are now splitting the time at point between him and Lue.

against the Spurs:
T-Mac: 24 points on 8-21 shooting, and 8 rebounds (they seem to do better when T-Mac passes a lot, against the Spurs he only got 4 assists)
Howard: 13 points
Giricek: 10 points
JSM

Postby JSM on Sat Dec 27, 2003 7:48 pm

good news for the Magic

Orlando Sentinel: The league has awarded them a $1.4 million exception for forward Pat Garrity, who likely will miss the rest of the season after knee surgery. The club can use the exception for Garrity to sign a player or include it in a trade.
JSM

Postby JSM on Sat Dec 27, 2003 7:51 pm

The Magic may try to get Kurt Thomas. I don't know how they would give everyone time, if they got him. They already have a hard enough time working in Howard and Gooden. I guess Thomas could play center, and Gooden and Howard could continue to share time at the PF.

Orlando Sentinel: A league source said that if forward Kurt Thomas becomes available, the Magic would be interested in making a trade. Kurt Thomas makes $5.5 million and has just two years left on his contract.
JSM

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:59 pm

jsm0331 wrote:The Magic may try to get Kurt Thomas. I don't know how they would give everyone time, if they got him. They already have a hard enough time working in Howard and Gooden. I guess Thomas could play center, and Gooden and Howard could continue to share time at the PF.

Orlando Sentinel: A league source said that if forward Kurt Thomas becomes available, the Magic would be interested in making a trade. Kurt Thomas makes $5.5 million and has just two years left on his contract.

i think that would be tha first GOOD thing thsi franchise has done all season...maybe trade Howard for Thomas? Or trade a couple of players for Thomas...possibly Hunter and Giricek? Knicks shouldnt worry about who they get...they already have mcdyess sweetney waetherspoon lampe and harrington for tha 4 spot...so they should look to fill up tha 2 and 3 spot...and giricek can give them that....
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:34 pm

The Knicks are KILLING the Magic tonight late in the 4th. Right now it's:

Knicks 112
Magic 84

0:39 4th Quarter

Did McGrady get injured or something? He played 11 minutes on 0-2 shooting. He could have gotten into foul trouble...?
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby shaqpak34 on Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:38 pm

news on mcgrady:

Orlando's Tracy McGrady is listed as day-to-day after leaving the game with a strained right hip after one quarter.

from www.nba.com

http://www.nba.com/games/20031229/NYKORL/recap.html
shaqpak34

Postby JSM on Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:11 pm

In their huge loss to the Knicks (86-114), T-Mac got hurt and only played 11 minutes, and was scoreless.

Giricek scored 21 points and pulled down 7 rebounds
Howard had 18 points & 9 rebounds
Strickland-11 points & 5 dimes
Gooden-17 points & 9 rebounds
JSM

Postby JSM on Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:15 pm

T-Mac update:
Tracy McGrady underwent an MRI Tuesday on his strained right hip.

The results of the MRI were negative and McGrady is listed as day-to-day.

Orlando will play its next game on Jan. 2 against Miami and McGrady's status will be based on how he reacts to treatment in the next few days.
JSM

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion