THE MAGIC FINALLY WIN!

THE MAGIC FINALLY WIN!

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Dec 08, 2003 6:44 pm

98-105 at home against tha suns!

despite T-Mac goin jus 5-17 he put up a near triple double, with 16 pts 11 rebs and 9 assists

Gooden had a big game, with 21 pts and 8 rebs off tha bench

Magic also had 19 pts a piece from Giricek and Howard

suns were lead by 29 pts 17 rebs and 5 assists from Marion...who played without Stoudemire...

so tha losing streak ends at 19 for tha magic, maybe they'll get back on tha right track...

this was also orlando's FIRST home win of tha year...good win at home for tha magic...they DESPERATELY needed it
FabFourLakers

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Dec 08, 2003 6:54 pm

Seriously... This is bigger than New Years!!! :man13:

Can't wait to hear what T-Mac has to say about this hehehe... :man9:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:16 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Seriously... This is bigger than New Years!!! :man13:

Can't wait to hear what T-Mac has to say about this hehehe... :man9:

LD can u lock up tha other thread? there is no use for it anymore! we will post everythin bout tha magic under this...unless u wanna lock this one up and continue in tha other thread?
FabFourLakers

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:20 pm

wow tha magic trailed by as many as 22 in this game...and were down 71-54 late in tha game! what a comeback by tha magic! they coulda easily lost this one...wow how did tha suns let this one slip against tha worst team in tha league? looks like that 29 pt deficit tha suns faced has come back to haunt them!
FabFourLakers

Postby Kobe834 on Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:54 pm

Im toally proud o em! ow they can get some confidence and starting getting some W's. :jam2:
Kobe834

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:56 pm

Does anyone think tha Magic can make an amazing rally and make tha playoffs still? I thinkt hey can only lose like 22 more games to make tha playoffs(lets say they need to go 41-41 to make it)....do they have a chance? i think they wont make it...
FabFourLakers

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:59 pm

HELL NAH!! They'll go on another losing streak... LMAO... :man9:

But they were down in this game too, and they came back... whoa... I shoulda never changed it... I coulda witnessed history right here :man10: Whoa... They truly are the Magic Reloaded :man3:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:10 pm

LakersGyrl2003 wrote:HELL NAH!! They'll go on another losing streak... LMAO... :man9:

But they were down in this game too, and they came back... whoa... I shoulda never changed it... I coulda witnessed history right here :man10: Whoa... They truly are the Magic Reloaded :man3:

naw if they win their next game i still wont be convinced...they remind me of tha Heat back in 01-02 when they started 2-14...and they were jus off and on tha whole season...and ended up not makin tha playoffs...they actually finished 36-46...not bad after starting 2-14...but thats jus how i think Orlando will be...they will prolly finish like 33-49 or 35-47 this year and miss tha playoffs...must be tha curse of florida teams...orlando and miami suffering early season woes...
FabFourLakers

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:09 am

Yeap... I won't be convinced either. Too bad karma kicked in after he made those comments in the 1st round last year before the Pistons rallied from the 3-1 deficit... lol... It's all T-Mac's fault for speakin too soon, and to purposly publically state his opinion on Kobe's case, about gay men in the NBA and about everything else.. He REALLY needs to learn how to just play team ball, and to shut up. But it's too bad for the rest of the team.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby @ on Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:25 am

:man8:

...finally
@

Postby BDG on Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:39 am

NOOOOO! I wanted them to break the record. Oh well at least it's the SECOND worst of all time.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby JSM on Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:29 pm

here are some of the Magic's comments about the win
Yahoo Sports: "We had that music crunked, man,'' Tracy McGrady said after the Magic beat the Phoenix Suns 105-98

As the music blared, coach Johnny Davis was accepting a bottle of champagne in honor of his first victory since taking over for the fired Doc Rivers on Nov. 18.

"For the first time in a long time, we have a very happy locker room,'' Davis said. "And, for the first time in a long time, I can actually smile.''

"We just kept fighting, even though we knew that it was an uphill battle,'' Davis said. "That's really what we've done throughout this streak. We've been fighting and we're bringing it, but we didn't close out the games.

"Tonight, we did.''

"It's good to feel how a victory feels like,'' said Giricek, who made all six of his shots, including three 3-pointers.

"Hopefully, we can build on this, get some confidence and gets some wins now,'' McGrady said. ``Hopefully, our season can start now.''
Last edited by JSM on Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby BDG on Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:30 pm

Those quotes are pretty funny.

What a bunch of losers.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby shaqpak34 on Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:07 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:What a bunch of losers.

literally..
shaqpak34

Postby JSM on Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:35 pm

now they are on a winning streak...of 2 straight

This win came against the shorthanded Wizards

T-Mac had 27 points
S. Williams-17 points
Howard & Giricek-each had 15 points
JSM

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:30 pm

T-mac is still crap

what did he shoot like 9/25? thats terrible shooting

Im STILL not convinced...2 wins against depleted teams doesnt say anything...

Suns didnt have Amare and Cabarkapa

Wizards didnt have Arenas or Stack

speakin of tha wiz...Kwame has been tearin it up lately...but his team is still losing...but he is definetly showin some improvement...
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:33 pm

McGrady is BARELY even shooting 40% this season.

Kobe's shooting better than him WITH bad legs!

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby JSM on Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:27 pm

here's a few things I found funny about the game:

Yahoo Sports: "It's been a while since we've been on a streak on the winning side,'' McGrady said. "I guess it took that 19-game losing streak for us to realize that we could be a pretty good team if we could all stay focused and execute on both ends of the court.''

McGrady, who scored 12 points in the first quarter despite a disastrous attempt at an early dunk, hit consecutive 3-pointers in the third quarter to give the Magic its 11-point lead at 68-57.

"That's what we need because I can get it going at any given time,'' McGrady said. "It was good for my team to start knocking down shots and making plays to help us out because those guys did start loading up on me.''

Point guard Gilbert Arenas, wearing a road jersey, blue sweats and a headband instead of street clothes, sat out his eighth straight game yet still found a way to hurt his team from the bench. He was called for two technical fouls and ejected with 1.4 seconds left in the first quarter after saying something to official Bernie Fryer.

First off, I don't think winning 2 games is considered a winning streak, T-Mac might need to look at a real team to see what a winning streak is (i.e. Lakers). And he said they "were a pretty good team"...a pretty good team doesn't lose 19 straight, and can beat an injury stricken Wizards by more than 4 points.

Also, T-Mac said he could get going at any time, if this was true then why does he shoot so poorly and can't seem to step up and lead his team to victory on more than 2 occasions. You want to see guys that can get going at any time, then watch Kobe, KG, Vince, Pierce, AI, B. Davis...T-Mac is not on that list.

And, as far as Arenas getting ejected...that's just hysterical. E. Jordan has to be able to control his players, even if they are injured and not playing. It just makes Arenas look childish for not being able to hold his tongue. I thought he was supposed to be out there cheering for his team and give them moral support...well instead he gets ejected and costs them 2 points, I don't see how that's beneficial to the Wiz.
JSM

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:07 pm

T-mac better shut up before his team goes on another losing streak...

every time he opens his mouth, its KARMA for tha magic!

T-mac if u could get it goin ANY GIVEN TIME, then u wouldnt have lost 19 straight!

The only way i'll be convinced T-Mac is all that good is if he leads his team to a miraculous come back and his team makes tha playoffs BCUZ of T-Mac
FabFourLakers

Postby Roscoe on Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:45 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:T-mac better shut up before his team goes on another losing streak...

every time he opens his mouth, its KARMA for tha magic!

T-mac if u could get it goin ANY GIVEN TIME, then u wouldnt have lost 19 straight!

The only way i'll be convinced T-Mac is all that good is if he leads his team to a miraculous come back and his team makes tha playoffs BCUZ of T-Mac

T-Mac led his team to the playoffs BY HIMSELF last year. If you look at last year's team, they actually had less talent than they do this year. T-Mac is a great player, don't hate on him. A two game winning streak should feel pretty good after you lose 19 straight. I still think they are gonna make the playoffs in the lowly east. They're only 7 games off the 7th and 8th spots with 60 to go...

"Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby JSM on Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:09 am

Well, last night he led them to another loss. They lost to the Nets 95-99.
T-Mac scored 20 points, and only shot 14 shots, I'm sorry but when you are the "leader" of a team, you got to take more than 14 shots, RJ took more shots than T-Mac did.
Giricek-11 points
Gooden-19 points
Howard-20 points

If you look at their box scores, Strickland has done absolutely nothing for them. He isn't scoring, he isn't getting steals or assists, and they are only playing him for like 12 minutes a night.
JSM

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:33 pm

they won tonight in atlanta but only by 4

tmac had 30 on 12/27 and juwan had 20 and 8...
FabFourLakers

Postby AsIaNs R dA BeSt RaCe on Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:28 pm

t- mac has skillz, even if u have a good leader and player on a team, it does not mean u will win...... u guys should know that, basketball requires a TEAM... t-mac is still good and i like kobe and him going at each other
AsIaNs R dA BeSt RaCe

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:16 am

yea but T-Mac has yet to beat a decent team...hes only beaten ONE healthy team, tha hawks

tha other 3 teams were tha knicks(without mcdyess) tha suns(without amare) and washington(without arenas and stack)

and they lost tha nets who have been playin TERRRIBLY lately...but not by alot...

they wont make tha playoffs
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:22 pm

more proof they won't make the playoffs-they lost again tonight. This time it was to the Bulls, and by 14 points (88-112)

Howard- 10 point on 5-16 shooting
Giricek- 10 points on 3-16 shooting & 10 rebounds
T-Mac-26 points & 8 rebounds
Williams-12 points & 8 assists
Gooden-20 points & 10 boards
JSM

Next

Return to NBA Discussion