The Magic WILL make the playoffs...

The Magic WILL make the playoffs...

Postby Roscoe on Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:01 pm

It's early in the season and alot of people have been baggin on them because of their losing streak, but I think that they will make the playoffs. They're only 7 games behind the 7th and 8th seeds which both have 9-12 records with 60 to go. Just watch them catch fire and grab one of the last three playoff seeds and surprise people...

"Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby BDG on Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:32 pm

I disagree, they've lost their fire and their dignity. If they're popping champagne at their 2nd win, it just shows you how hopless the Magic are.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby JSM on Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:38 pm

they have not earned a win this year.
They have beaten teams that were missing crucial parts of their club
    Knicks-McDyess
    Suns-Zarko and Amare
    Wizards-Stack and Arenas

And they are celebrating about it, that's funny
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:08 pm

Good observation jsm, I also disagree with them making the playoffs. Even if they do, they will not make it out of the first round. I expect them to place last in their division this year.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:15 pm

i'll make a GUARANTEE they will NOT make tha playoffs...

like jsm said, the knicks were missing key parts of their team in tha orlando win, tha suns were missing amare and cabarkapa, and tha wizards were missing arenas and stack....and tha magic BARELY won against tha wizards...beatin them by 4 pts when they dont have their 2 top scorers? and they are celebrating?

they will be similar to tha 01-02 heat, who started 2-14...and finished jus short of tha playoffs at 36-46...
FabFourLakers

Postby xxx on Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:02 pm

It sounds crazy, but I think they're still in the playoff hunt too. They're playing in the East, where there will probably be more than one team in the playoffs with a losing record. The Atlantic Division may only have 1 or 2 teams with a winning record when the season is over and from what I've seen so far this season, Indiana and New Orleans are the only two good teams in the entire conference. New Jersey is down this year, Philly is their usual mediocre self, and Detroit has struggled. I could see Orlando sneaking in with a record like 37-45 or something like that. They've certainly dug themselves a huge hole, but in the East, you've gotta believe that they have a chance.
xxx

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:49 am

With the way the east is lookin it wouldn't surprise me if they do make the playoffs... :man10: It would be surprising if they do because of their start so far, but then again compared to the rest of their conference it looks like they have a chance still. They just need to play ball, and forget about their record. Hell we had a horible start last season, (not like theirs) and we still took the 5th spot in the more competitive western conference.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby strikemode14 on Fri Dec 12, 2003 6:08 am

Unless the magic bribe a few refs they aint making no playoffs..they aint beat nobody worthwhile and they probaly won't
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:33 pm

well they face new jersey tonight....i dont see them makin tha playoffs cuz suddenly tha atlantic has come alive...tha sixers, nets and celtics will all come alive startin tonight...they've all struggled but i think they are gonna start gettin some W's...once these 3 get goin, tha magic will be lookin at tha lottery
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:08 pm

whether their record is good enough or not, they shouldn't be let into the playoffs. No one can lose to the injured Sixers by 20+ points and deserve a playoff spot
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Mookie on Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:21 pm

Oh yeah dude!

And I'm gonna win the Heisman Trophy
Mookie

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:50 am

whoever said tha sixers are their USUAL mediocre self is definetly blind and dont know ANYTHING about tha sixers....

have u looked at their INJURY probleM? ever since tha 01 finals against tha lakers, this team has never recovered when it comes to INJURIES, allen iverson has played INJURED pretty much tha last 5 yrs...and its finally takin its toll on him....we've had robinson, coleman, thomas, mckie, iverson, jackson, green, macculloch(he'll never play again, hes screwed tah sixers), williams, pretty much everyone except snow and salmons on tha sixers have been INJURED this year, and DESPITE all those injuries, tha SIXERS are STILL 14-14, and were first place in tha atlantic for a while, and now New Jersey is 13-13 and #1 in tha atlantic, and they NEVER had any injuries...

TRUST ME if tha sixers EVER get healthy u will see a change in their record....they are jus as good IF NOT BETTER than tha pacers hornets nets and pistons...and oh yea tha sixers BEAT tha pistons twice already this season, and one of those games they beat them in, they didnt have iverson coleman jackson robinson green etc etc and that was IN detroit...
FabFourLakers

Return to NBA Discussion