The Sleeper Thread

The Sleeper Thread

Postby rydjorker121 on Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:40 am

**Put all the sleepers that you know in this thread....and by that I mean real sleepers, guys who weren't expected to contribute this season yet contributed some and consistently...I'll start....just say ONE sleeper per post, let other people have their chances, there are so many sleepers anyway I can think of...

I'll start with the obvious one:

Ronald Murray

WHY?: Compare his stats this year with last year's.....
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Ring It Up on Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:37 pm

Carlos Arroyo Utah Jazz

Did you expect him to average 13ppg and 6apg? I know I didnt.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:31 pm

ZACH RANDOLPH of tha Portland Trailblazers

did anyone expect this guy to be averaging Tim Duncan/Kevin Garnett type numbers? 23.5 ppg and 11.5 rpg compared to 8.4 ppg and 4.5 rpg last year? thats an unbelievable improvement over last year...i think ppl expected this guy to be good some day..but maybe not THIS good...he should definetly get most improved player of tha year this year...i wouldnt be surprised if he is an all star this year...he definetly deserves it with those #'s
FabFourLakers

Postby SWOL on Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:11 pm

STOMILE SWIFT
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby Kobe834 on Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:28 pm

FLIP
Kobe834

Postby 'Cuse on Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:55 pm

Denver Nuggets, did you expect the to be runnin with the Spurs and Mavs for top seed in the MIdwest? I know I did.
'Cuse

Postby Musttang87 on Wed Dec 24, 2003 5:20 pm

ive got plenty sleepers.... michael redd, i didnt expect him to lead the bucks in scoring, i thought mason would do that. D wade, the rookie in miami is putting very impressive scoring/assists numbers of late. erick dampier has been scoring ok and grabing alot of boards. tyson chandler was having a monster season untill he got hit with back problems and has been out since like late november. larry hughes is putting all star numbers for now, i dont know if he will continue to put up those kind of numbers when arenas and stackhouse come back. A. kirilenko is having a great season along with carlos arrow or whatever. one things for sure, i did not expect BRAD MILLER to have a monster season playing for the queens, the guy is averaging 16 ppg, 5 apg, and 10 rpg.
Musttang87

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Dec 24, 2003 8:11 pm

Musttang87 wrote:ive got plenty sleepers.... michael redd, i didnt expect him to lead the bucks in scoring, i thought mason would do that. D wade, the rookie in miami is putting very impressive scoring/assists numbers of late. erick dampier has been scoring ok and grabing alot of boards. tyson chandler was having a monster season untill he got hit with back problems and has been out since like late november. larry hughes is putting all star numbers for now, i dont know if he will continue to put up those kind of numbers when arenas and stackhouse come back. A. kirilenko is having a great season along with carlos arrow or whatever. one things for sure, i did not expect BRAD MILLER to have a monster season playing for the queens, the guy is averaging 16 ppg, 5 apg, and 10 rpg.

i must say YES brad miller is a sleeper, cuz we were all sayin how this guy is overrated and all, but hes been tha best all around player for tha kings and hes a good pickup on my fantasy team...

michael redd is another sleeper, hes in tha top 10 in scorin this year, didnt expect him to have better #'s than kobe....

kirilenko looks like an all star this year...hopefully one of tha guys on tha jazz get to be an all star cuz they definelty deserve it, did anyone expect tha jazz to be 15-13 after 28 games? did anyoen expect tha jazz to win ONE game this season? i thot they'd be 2-26 after 28 games HONESTLY look at their roster! a buncha no namers!
FabFourLakers

Postby Guest on Fri Dec 26, 2003 3:05 pm

i dont know if you guys would count lebron to be a sleeper but i never expected him to score more than 20 points this year. i thought his stats were going to be like this 15ppg 5apg and 5rpg. the kid just scored 34 on the magic, his been a scoring machine lately for the cavs.

Return to NBA Discussion