Tim Duncan & teammate report hearing baby crying in empty ro

Tim Duncan & teammate report hearing baby crying in empty ro

Postby Basketball Fan on Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:05 pm

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... rea-hotel/

Spurs’ Ayres, Duncan report hearing baby crying in empty room at reportedly haunted Bay Area hotel

The most famous of the reportedly haunted hotels that regularly cater to NBA teams is the Skirvin Hilton in Oklahoma City (Eddy Curry once reported an incident there, but that might have just been his stomach rumbling).

However, there is one in the Bay Area, too — the Claremont Resort in Berkley (pictured to the right). Among the spirits reportedly seen there is a six-year-old girl who allegedly died at the hotel.

The Spurs stayed at the Claremont recently when playing the Warriors and Jeff Ayres has a story to tell, via the San Antonio Express-News (hat tip to Hoopshype).

“You get in at whatever time. I took my room key. I could hear stuff in the hallway, like people in their rooms. So I’m thinking people are watching TV or whatever. So I get to my door, and my key doesn’t work, but it sounds like there’s somebody in my room. Like I hear a little baby, not crying but making noise. I’m like, ‘What the heck?’ I keep trying my key and it doesn’t work. So I go downstairs to get a new key, and I tell them (somebody’s in the room).

“So they call the room, and nobody answers. They’re like, ‘We can get you a new key and send you up with security and make sure nobody’s there, because there shouldn’t be anybody in there.’ Then they’re like, ‘We’ll just get you a new room.’ It was the creepiest thing. I heard a couple of other guys heard babies in the hallway, kids running down the hallway. Creepy. I really heard voices and a baby in the room, and there wasn’t anybody in there. It was crazy.”

The Big Fundamental Tim Duncan backs up his story.

“I heard a baby in his room. There was somebody or something in his room, yeah. I definitely heard something. It wasn’t creepy, because I assumed it was really somebody in the room, and they gave him the wrong room. But when they told me the story the next day about calling up there and no one in the room, it’s at that point you get chills. I totally agreed with him. There was a baby there, absolutely. I heard about the history of the place, and I’d rather not (stay there again).”

When the Spurs now 14-game win streak ends, I’m blaming the ghost of the 6 year old
Basketball Fan

Re: Tim Duncan & teammate report hearing baby crying in empty ro

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:11 pm

It's true, look what those things did to the back of Manu's head/hair when he was sleeping.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby ZenMaster4President on Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:39 pm

There was a baby in Ayres' room, the one TD refers to - Ayres.
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
ZenMaster4President

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:27 pm

It was Pop, still crying about the Pau trade to the Lakers.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby Basketball Fan on Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:11 pm

I'm just getting the mental image of Duncan/Ayres hugging each other in fear like Shaggy and Scooby with Coach Pop(Spurs coach) yelling at them for being wimps.
Basketball Fan

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:14 pm

V.V.V.V.V. wrote:It was Pop, still crying about the Pau trade to the Lakers.

This or the fact that his team couldn't get 2 defensive rebounds to win the title before Ray Allen hitting that 3 in Game 6 to tie the game. Still pisses me off and I'm not even a Spurs fan
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby 432J on Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:36 am

V.V.V.V.V. wrote:It was Pop, still crying about the Pau trade to the Lakers.

:man10:
432J

Return to NBA Discussion