Tim Duncan & Tony Parker mock pic w/"Joey Crawford"

Tim Duncan & Tony Parker mock pic w/"Joey Crawford"

Postby Basketball Fan on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:05 pm

Bad timing

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/12/01/tim-duncan-and-tony-parker-held-guns-to-joey-crawfords-head-on-halloween/

This is a picture that I’m sure was not supposed to be made public. Still, here are Tony Parker and Tim Duncan at a Halloween party with someone dressed as Spurs referee nemesis Joey Crawford. And they are holding their toy guns to “Crawford’s” head. Could there be worse timing for this picture to surface on Reddit? The Spurs were just fined $250,000 for sitting Duncan, Parker, Manu Ginobili and Danny Green against the Heat on Thursday night. Now there’s a picture of Duncan and Parker holding guns to the head of someone dressed as an NBA official. The way Stern has it out for the Spurs there has to be a fine – if not a suspension – coming.

If you were curious, Duncan was The Punisher. (Last season he wore a Punisher knee brace.) As for Parker, I’m not sure, but maybe Snake Plissken? Or Nick Fury. Here they are with the rest of the Spurs on Halloween in those costumes.
Basketball Fan

Re: Tim Duncan & Tony Parker mock pic w/"Joey Crawford"

Postby Kasumi on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:08 pm

Who says the Spurs are boring? lol
ImageImage

You can now find me over at www.LakersBall.com
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

Postby gill on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:18 pm

Awesome costumes... but Darth Stern will eventually get a whiff of this and hand out more fines. :disagree:
gill

Postby thkthebest on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:24 pm

:man10: This is so awesome.
thkthebest

Postby Frank Dux on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:18 am

:man10: Bravo Timmy.
Frank Dux
Clublakers Moderator

Postby 432J on Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:21 am

looks like stern is going to have his hands full with the spurs once again
432J

Postby ramsay13 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:36 am

hahahaha 2 funny. :jam2:
ramsay13

Postby Nashty Gal on Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:57 am

Hahahaha :man10:
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby LOL on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:09 am

honestly thats disgusting from crawford.
LOL

Postby King of Clutch on Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:37 pm

Basketball Fan wrote:Bad timing

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/12/01/tim-duncan-and-tony-parker-held-guns-to-joey-crawfords-head-on-halloween/

This is a picture that I’m sure was not supposed to be made public. Still, here are Tony Parker and Tim Duncan at a Halloween party with someone dressed as Spurs referee nemesis Joey Crawford. And they are holding their toy guns to “Crawford’s” head. Could there be worse timing for this picture to surface on Reddit? The Spurs were just fined $250,000 for sitting Duncan, Parker, Manu Ginobili and Danny Green against the Heat on Thursday night. Now there’s a picture of Duncan and Parker holding guns to the head of someone dressed as an NBA official. The way Stern has it out for the Spurs there has to be a fine – if not a suspension – coming.

If you were curious, Duncan was The Punisher. (Last season he wore a Punisher knee brace.) As for Parker, I’m not sure, but maybe Snake Plissken? Or Nick Fury. Here they are with the rest of the Spurs on Halloween in those costumes.

:man10: :man10: :man10: LMFAO!!! ROFL!!! THIS JUST MADE MY DAY! lol
King of Clutch

Postby King of Clutch on Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:47 pm

gill wrote:Awesome costumes... but Darth Stern will eventually get a whiff of this and hand out more fines. :disagree:

How? lol i'm tired of stern handing out fines for the heck of it, and without any reference to rule breaking. The spurs shouldn't have been fines, because there's no rule in place for resting guys. And now that I think about it, I think someone in the spurs organization released this photo on PURPOSE to push david sterns buttons. He may have overstepped some boundaries buy fining the spurs without any merit behind it. And the spurs actually said they might appeal. And if he hands out fines for this too, I see lawsuits coming. lol
King of Clutch

Postby Kasumi on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:06 pm

Frank Dux wrote:

:man10: Bravo Timmy.

Don't forget that Crawford got a massive suspension for what he did in this game (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2840587). Timmy is one of the most well-respected players in the league and Crawford overstepped in going after him. If he'd done this to MWP, I doubt it would have gotten the same league response. I feel like that's the reason everyone is up in arms about this move against the Spurs - they're the last team in the league you could accuse of not representing the NBA well or not trying to compete.
ImageImage

You can now find me over at www.LakersBall.com
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

Postby Jellincon on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:27 pm

Basketball Fan wrote:Bad timing

:man10:
Jellincon

Postby King of Clutch on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:49 pm

lakerswiz wrote:How?

Players with fake guns pointed at "Crawford's" head and you want to know how the commissioner can fine them for it?

:man10:

its a halloween picture. lol, it was a joke. Nothing serious. And it was in their own household. I don't think stern owns the rights to every nba players LIFE and what they do. lol come on now.
King of Clutch

Postby lakefansac on Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:59 pm

^^^^^^^
Gilbert Arenas and his "Gun Dance" say hi!
lakefansac

Postby Eyedol1933 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:25 pm

I think Crawford did get suspended "indefinitely," but didn't his suspension take place during the off season? I also think he was back before the regular season began, so in my opinion, it wasn't a suspension that "really mattered." Unless there are games that NBA referees officiate during the off season that I'm not aware of. (Such as the summer league or other games.)
"That's called body control, that's called ability, that's called KOBE BRYANT."
-Stu Lantz
Eyedol1933

Postby GoldHammish on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:44 pm

Eyedol1933 wrote:I think Crawford did get suspended "indefinitely," but didn't his suspension take place during the off season? I also think he was back before the regular season began, so in my opinion, it wasn't a suspension that "really mattered." Unless there are games that NBA referees officiate during the off season that I'm not aware of. (Such as the summer league or other games.)

He wasn't allowed to officiate in the playoffs. He usually does at least one Finals game, if I recall correctly.
GoldHammish

Postby Eyedol1933 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:02 am

^Ah.

I was always under the impression that he was suspended for the rest of that year's playoffs, but came back before the start of the following regular season. It's been a while since that time.
"That's called body control, that's called ability, that's called KOBE BRYANT."
-Stu Lantz
Eyedol1933

Postby GoldHammish on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:26 am

Eyedol1933 wrote:^Ah.

I was always under the impression that he was suspended for the rest of that year's playoffs, but came back before the start of the following regular season. It's been a while since that time.

Well... Yeah. He missed the playoffs the season the incident occurred.
GoldHammish

Postby Basketball Fan on Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:12 pm

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnatio ... een-photo/

Duncan addresses Halloween photo

Tim Duncan attributed the leaking of the Halloween photo depicting him and Tony Parker holding toy guns to the head of a man dressed as NBA official Joey Crawford to the modern era of cell phone cameras and 24/7 media. (AP)

Tim Duncan padded over to address the media in bare feet Thursday at the Spurs practice facility, the picture of island reserve.

As someone who prizes comfort and privacy, it shouldn’t come as much surprise that Duncan views the leaking of a Halloween picture showing him and teammate Tony Parker holding toy guns to the head of a man dressed as NBA official Joey Crawford with a sort of resigned exasperation.

“It’s this day and age,” Duncan said. “It was a Halloween party in a private atmosphere. We were having fun. There was nothing to it. But this day and age, people want to blow things into something more than it is. Hopefully it’s gone and whatever is whatever.”

The photo, taken at a large Halloween party, began circulating last weekend via various message boards and the popular sports website Deadspin. The national and local media picked up on it not long after, prompting official no comments from the Spurs and the NBA.

Head coach Gregg Popovich said he hadn’t seen the photo when asked about it on Monday. Teammate Manu Ginobili, who attended the same party as Zorro, said the photo was “very innocent.”

“If somebody dressed like Pop was there,” he said, “I probably would have done the same thing with my little sword. I think it was a joke.”

With five days and two games having passed since the NBA became aware of the photo last Saturday, it’s looking less and less likely that the NBA will take any public disciplinary action. The biggest fallout could be that the already private Duncan will be even less likely to interact with the public — especially after his recent experience at a local drug store.
“You deal with it when it comes and try to take as little pictures as possible with people for that exact reason,” he said.
Basketball Fan

Return to NBA Discussion