tore a cartridge
out for 4-6 weeks
well that certainly changes a lot
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri May 09, 2003 7:34 pm

If we can find a way to scrap past the Spurs, we might end up facing Dallas WHEEEEEEEEEEE HEEEE what a remedie for our problems that would be. No d from them, all perimeter guys to defend (no Shaq foul trouble) and Kobe / Shaq can have their way. I am lickin' my chops. Just need to get by those dang blasted Spurs and hope the Kings (who are now severely lacking leadership) are done. Then we could coast to our 4th and rebuild still on top. Even if we lose...hell even if we get swept Sacto will not recover from this too quickly. We just need Arenas and Howard (or Malone) and to PLAY Rush/Pargo and Slava next yaer and on top again we will be!
Snakell Beast

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri May 09, 2003 9:07 pm

Yea that's kinda sad... Cuz we know how it is to deal with injuries with key players, I wouldn't even ever wish this on n e player. But if the kings wanna make it past the next round, they they should do their thang like us and deal with injuries...
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri May 09, 2003 9:56 pm

It sucks, I have met Webber before, and to tell you the truth, he's a really cool person. Even though I have him on m rival list, he is the franchise player on that team. And when any franchise player gets hurt like him, you have to feel bad. Looks like Sac-Town gets a taste of what were going through...
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Guest on Fri May 09, 2003 11:17 pm

Man this does suck I don't like to see any others teams players go down because at the end of it these guys still end up with these banged up bodies throughout their lives. Just look at what something like an injury could do to a great player like Grant Hill. Its sad. I hope Webber can get well soon.

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri May 09, 2003 11:23 pm

Yes, now the desicion comes down to this for them...

A. Hope for a quick recovery, and allow him to return to this playoffs risking further, permanent injury.

B. Keep him out, he has alot of years left for him in this franchise.

Personally I would pick B. The Kings are a great team, and shouldn't push their star, think about long term instead of in the moment ya know?
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 10, 2003 12:17 am

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Yes, now the desicion comes down to this for them...

A. Hope for a quick recovery, and allow him to return to this playoffs risking further, permanent injury.

B. Keep him out, he has alot of years left for him in this franchise.

Personally I would pick B. The Kings are a great team, and shouldn't push their star, think about long term instead of in the moment ya know?

Yea u make a lotta sence. But he has to play every game as if it's his last. U never know, they prolly wont make it this far next year, and this might be his only opportunity to lead this team to the finals. It works both ways in each scenario. But thats what championship ball is all about, work through the injuries, and overcome it all.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby shaqass on Sat May 10, 2003 9:07 am

Really really sad. I hope he will be back soon (but after the WCF would be better :man12: )

In my opinion the Queens can beat Dallas even without CW.

SPURS? MAVS? QUEENS? WHATEVER!!!! I SAY QUATROW!!!!!!!!!!! :jam2:
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat May 10, 2003 10:04 am

Yea, but will you risk one year for many years to come? That's the hard desicion a player has to make...
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 10, 2003 5:09 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Yea, but will you risk one year for many years to come? That's the hard desicion a player has to make...

But what happens if this is gonna be his last time in the semi's or a chance to advance? I know we all can't question what's gonna happen in the future, but it's reasonable... But his injury requires surgury, so after all that training again, he'll be aight..... :man12:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby ZenMaster on Sun May 11, 2003 5:37 am

Yeah, it's a tough call but I have to go with LD2K, better not to rush it, think about the long term......I hate to admit it but Sac.'s chances at a title look solid for at least another year or two anyways (as long as Divac decides to stick around, he does a lot more for that team than people think). Besides, Sac. has a ton of depth anyways; this will hurt their chances for these playoffs, true, but I still don't think it will hurt them as much as it might for some other teams....this just means more minutes for Clark, Pollard, Turk, etc. etc....like Shaqass said they'll just have to get mentally tougher like we've had to become and fight through it all.
ZenMaster

Return to NBA Discussion