Tony Parker Questionable For Game 4

Tony Parker Questionable For Game 4

Postby Kobe8Fan on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:34 pm

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 7m

Spurs guard Tony Parker said he is uncertain if he will be able to play with hamstring injury in Game 4 and he will have MRI in morning.

https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/stat ... 7077393408

Uh oh.
Kobe8Fan

Re: Tony Parker Questionable For Game 4

Postby Balance&Options24 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:36 pm

The basketball gods are on the Heat side.
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:38 pm

:bang:
LTLakerFan

Postby CGrand81 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:39 pm

Well I know he'll play and be fine, I'm not concerned but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
CGrand81

Postby Weezy on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:14 pm

How do you know he'll be fine? :man3: I didn't see the game, but if Parker hurt his hamstring I don't consider it a small thing, he's been out long periods due to injury before. Man if he is out, the Heat will win easy, I hope he's alright.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby CGrand81 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:18 pm

Weezy wrote:How do you know he'll be fine? :man3: I didn't see the game, but if Parker hurt his hamstring I don't consider it a small thing, he's been out long periods due to injury before. Man if he is out, the Heat will win easy, I hope he's alright.

Cause I believe Weezy, I believe. Don't you dare take that away from me!
CGrand81

Postby Weezy on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:25 pm

Well, ok then, I'm gonna believe too, the Heat cannot be that lucky, I refuse to believe it, he will find a way to play.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:33 pm

With this impending development, I am on Facebook totally giving out BACKHANDED compliments to a relative who is a huge bandwagon Miami Heat fan...

:man1: :man12: :man10:
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:37 pm

I think he'll be fine because a) he said he thinks it's just a cramp, and b) he actually was able to come back and play some minutes in the 4th, and looked just as healthy as before he went out.

I think it's extremely unlikely that he sits out. He'll probably be hurting a bit but he'll play. Gotta gut it out, it's the finals.
Last edited by Finwë on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby gcclaker on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:38 pm

Finwë wrote:I think he'll be fine because a) he said he thinks it's just a cramp, and b) he actually was able to come back and play some minutes in the 4th, and looked just as healthy as before he went out.

Oh man, I sure as hell hope so Fin. Just to shock the bejeesus out of the Heat believers.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:57 pm

He actually looked just fine in the 4th, but Pop did not want to risk it. Hopefully, it did not get worse today. Parker said he doesn't know what happened, he simply had that "strange feeling" and wanted to make sure it's OK in the locker room.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby kenzo on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:44 pm

If he is out, than this chip Miami is going to win should have at least 100* to it :mad1: FFS, realy :freak2: People talked about lockout shortened seasons, but this trumps it in my opinion, Un-*******-believable :bang:
kenzo

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:22 am

He should sit out if it's a slight pull. The Spurs don't need him at home ; today's game he was a nonfactor. They will absolutely need him on the road again, so he needs to get healthy for next week's game or two in Miami.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby Weezy on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:35 am

^^^ But if the Spurs can win games 4 and 5 there will be no more road games for them. If he can play and do no damage he should play, this is the Finals, this is what the whole season was about.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:36 am

V.V.V.V.V. wrote:He should sit out if it's a slight pull. The Spurs don't need him at home ; today's game he was a nonfactor. They will absolutely need him on the road again, so he needs to get healthy for next week's game or two in Miami.

He had 8 assists plus this was a one time performance for Green and Neal ...

Joseph and Neal can't run the Spurs O or handle the ball well enough against the Heat pressure ...

If Parker can't play or is very limited , this series is over
wcsoldier81

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:54 am

If I'm a Spurs fan I should be very concerned because hamstring injuries are no joke and take a long time to heal from.

If Spurs are without Tony for Game 4 is a huge body blow to their chances not merely because the Spurs would lose his scoring but just him as a threat is huge. He's one of the few players the Spurs have who can create off the dribble or create penetration that can then kick out to shooters. Plus, as JVG was saying early in the game when Parker had that nice pocket pass to Duncan and LBJ and Bosh were just finger nails away from getting it. The backup PG for the Spurs can't make those kinds of passes consistently.

Don't get me wrong. Patty Mills can really play well (scoring the ball) when given minutes and Corey Joseph is sound defensively. But they need Parker more for handling the ball and creating for others.

Parker's injury for me personally really put a damper on the Spurs dominant performance in Game 3, we can only hope the MRI comes back fine tomorrow and they he will be ready.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:56 am

Finwë wrote: he actually was able to come back and play some minutes in the 4th, and looked just as healthy as before he went out.

Actually he looked really tentative and ran gingerly when he had too.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:07 am

I agree that he's what makes the team dominant, but if he's at 50% speed then he's a liability, and he might hurt himself to the point of real injury. It's a gamble, but I think that the role players do so well at home, that SA might get by with wins at home without him. Obviously, if it's a game 7, let him play. But right now, in a game that historically ties the series up, take your chances without him and let him heal, if it will help.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby ZenMaster4President on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:29 am

Dudes.... it's Pop we are talking about. And the Spurs. They are famous for these little deception-like statements and actions.

Listing Duncan as PF, sitting big 3 at any occasion, complimenting the opponent? Do you not remember Phil being very sarcastic about all this hoopla...?
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
ZenMaster4President

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:20 am

Crap!!! :bang:
Jazzygirl205

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:28 am

Even if he IS banged up, I'm not all that concerned. Their strength is in their ball movement and shooting right now and Parker hasn't even been at the helm of that. He has a few plays in the first game with his stamp on them, but in the last two games he hasn't necessarily been crucial.

They could survive one game without him if they play smart ball. Just one though.

And considering he's already dismissing the injury anyway, I'm not TOO concerned.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:19 am

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS 1m
Tony Parker's MRI revealed a slight hamstring strain, according to @tonyparker: "We'll see tomorrow how I feel, I really hope to play."
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:23 am

He'll play very limited minutes. If Pop senses he doesn't look right in the 1st quarter, he'll take him out...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:40 am

I'm still adamant that they can win a game without him. Just one.

Ride the hot hands of Green and Neal.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:48 am

I don't think Green and Neal can both do that again in the same game. I don't think you can count on role players to carry you to a title vs LeBron and the Heat, you let this get back to Miami and you don't have Parker, you're in trouble if you ask me.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Next

Return to NBA Discussion