Top 20 PFs in the league as of now

Postby SWOL on Wed Aug 20, 2003 6:11 pm

TRUE TRUE
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby Kobe's Therapist on Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:20 pm

Thanks Ring It Up ...

And btw, I never said they were going to trade him to Indiana instead of Jermaine ... (Although they did consider that) ... only said that he was just as much on the trade block as Jermaine was ...

One of the Big "stories" at the time was that the Blazers would package a couple guys (Wallace and Stoudamire being the likely two) to trade with Seattle for Payton and a couple other guys. I remember thinking it would be fun to watch Payton and Pippen play defense together.

And whoever said that Rasheed was starting at the 3 spot needs to go look it up ...

As I've said all along ...

Brian Grant was the Starting PF ... Rasheed was the Backup
Sabonis was the Starting C ... and they kept trying to convince J. O'neal to back him up on a regular basis.

When they decided to trade Grant ... they could have chosen to go with O'neal ... but he was unproven ... Instead, they chose immediate success ... along with Rasheed's attitude ... over success in a couple years.

They got rid of Grant ... a hardnosed PF who liked to play defense and rebound ... for Walllace, a scorer/playmaker ...

Then they got decided to trade J O'neal to get D. Davis ... because 1. Davis WOULD back up Sabonis at the C spot. and 2. Davis WOULD replace B. Grant's defensive presense and rebounding ability.

At least, that was the plan.

98-99: Rasheed played in 49 games (Shortened season) ... but only started in 18 of them. And played 29mpg ... a decent amount, but not typical starter minutes. That's cause they had bumped him out of the 3 spot and had him backing up Grant that year. And Rasheed didn't like it ...
Kobe's Therapist

Postby SWOL on Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:41 pm

dude were not talkin about 98-99 were talkin about 99-00 and 00-01

in 99-00 Rasheed started 77 outta 81 games

Grant stated 14

in 98-99 grant started 46 outta 48
Sheed started 18 games at.....(drum roll) small forward

in 99-00 they aquired Scottie Pippen and moved Sheed to full time PF and benched Grant

your original arguement was that they decided between Jermaine and Rasheed, niether factored in the same trade conversation

they made more than one stupid move that offseason....dude they were tryin to trade everybody for everybody
SWOL

Postby SWOL on Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:43 pm

HEY I THINK SHEED WILL BE TRADED....POSS TORONTO....IF HE GOES THERE, PEOPLE WILL SEE HOW GOOD HE IS....HE HAS A [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] ATTITUDE.....BUT THINK ABOUT THIS....HE HAS BEEN PRODUCTIVE WITHOUT THE BENEFITS OF THE OFFICALS ALA TIM DUNCAN, DIRK AND KG....I THINK HE IS A HELLUVA PLAYER WITH A HELLUVA [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] TUDE
SWOL

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion