Top 20 PFs in the league as of now

Top 20 PFs in the league as of now

Postby rydjorker121 on Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:36 pm

MY RANKINGS---- (Overall)
1. Tim Duncan (dude was MVP--what more can you say?)
2. Kevin Garnett (does everything in the game--future HOF)
3. Chris Webber (also does everything in the game but his team neutralizes his output)
4. Jermaine O'Neal (a defensive and offense statute that dominates the game and shows a prototypical PF's skills)
5. Dirk Nowitzki (does things both a small forward and a PF does--shoots well, plays poor D, rebounds, is tall, etc.)
6. Elton Brand (growing star player--too bad he's trapped in Clipper netherworld for the next 6 years)
7. Karl Malone (hey, he did a lot at Utah in terms of puttin' #'s on the stat sheet--just underrated due to his age)
8. Pau Gasol (a defensive white man who can certainly help his team. Once again, his team neutralizes his output)
9. Ben Wallace (he was an All-star last year. A total defensive stalwort)
10. Shareef Abdur-Rahim (that prototypical PF. Scores, rebounds, plays D...he should only do more than that to reach the top of the list)
11. Kenyon Martin (great aggressor who has a average jumper. Can rebound and play rough D, but still hasn't proven his All-star capabil.'s)
12. Rasheed Wallace (poor attitude and lack of using his height to an advantage at the post puts him at #12. Also poor attitude off the court.)
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby rydjorker121 on Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:37 pm

(continued from top of thread)
13. Juwan Howard (has proven himself at Denver, but didn't get much recognition because he was at a loser's team. Can score and rebound.)
14. Derrick Coleman (can still contribute to a team, but has poor willingness and attitude. Does a lot of the PF intangibles)
15. Amare Stoudemire (developing rugged PF aggressor with great defensive skills. Can dunk on your face if he feels like it.)
16. Tyson Chandler (should be a center, but with Eddy Curry manning the position, plays the PF position. Great defensive skills and size.)
17. Troy Murphy (master rebounder and great jumpshot, but should take advantage in post. Seems like he's at his best potential now.)
18. Kurt Thomas (Has a lot of PF intensity. Certainly rebounds and scores)
19. Nene Hilario (plays with heart for a lousy team. Great stealer and can certainly play aggressively. A PF version of Manu Ginobili)
20. Kenny Thomas (for an undersized man, he rebounds like hell and has a great post game. Won the starting spot in the Sixers team.)

Honorable mentions: Carlos Boozer, Brian Grant, Drew Gooden
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby rydjorker121 on Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:50 pm

Top 10---
Defensive rankings for the PFs....
By the way, do you notice that most great defenders also rebound a lot?

1. Ben Wallace (what more can you say? The guy won the Defensive Player of the Year twice in a row and steals and blocks and plays hard every given game. Ousted Duncan out by a mere speck.)
2. Tim Duncan (great shotblocker and defensive stalwort.)
3. Kevin Garnett (works hard for steals and blocks with his wingspan every given night. His defensive intensity is hard to match.)
4. Chris Webber (steals and blocks come in the same formation.)
5. Jermaine O'Neal (how often have we seen a magnificent block from him? Fierce and ruggedness makes him a great D stalwort.)
6. Elton Brand (for his height, 6'8", he can block quite a few shots and steal quite a few balls.)
7. Karl Malone (he's a Laker, had to put him up here. Nah, JK, but he can certainly steal the ball for his age.)
8. Pau Gasol (long arms make him a great defender and shot blocker.)
9. Jerome Williams (great stealer who plays with heart.)
10. Kenyon Martin (aggressive, rough defender with mad intensity)

Honorable mentions: Nene Hilario, Amare Stoudemire, Bo Outlaw
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby SWOL on Tue Aug 12, 2003 6:53 pm

Kenyon Martin is way better than 10 th defensively he should be like 3rd
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:28 pm

swolswol wrote:Kenyon Martin is way better than 10 th defensively he should be like 3rd

Kenyon Martin is better than Pau Gasol and Shareef, and he might become better than Brand.

and where is Antoine Walker on that list?

I KNOW he takes ALOT of shots and has no game, but he still averages about 23ppg, and hes better than Pau and Shareef
FabFourLakers

Postby echo nation on Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:28 am

FabFourLakers wrote:and where is Antoine Walker on that list?

I KNOW he takes ALOT of shots and has no game, but he still averages about 23ppg, and hes better than Pau and Shareef

that logic doesnt make sense to me

he averages 23ppg BECUASE he takes too many shots

even you said he has no game

i think he HAD potential and maybe he still does.. but he has a lot of refining to go throuigh
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:32 am

echo nation wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:and where is Antoine Walker on that list?

that logic doesnt make sense to me

he averages 23ppg BECUASE he takes too many shots

even you said he has no game

i think he HAD potential and maybe he still does.. but he has a lot of refining to go throuigh

i dont think he is good but he definetly better than shareef and pau!
FabFourLakers

Postby echo nation on Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:32 am

ok

thats an opinion... i guess

thats fine

i just disagree
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby rydjorker121 on Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:49 am

the best I can do is put Antoine at #12, in front of Rasheed Wallace. He jacks up too much threes, man, who the hell likes that?
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:51 am

rasheed is way better then sorry antoine walker.
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby SWOL on Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:21 am

RASHEED SHOULD BE NO LOWER THAN 6TH......IF YOU PUT HIM LOWER YOU ARE JUST BIAS OR DONT KNOW TOO MUCH ABOUT BASKETBALL.....LIKE HIM OR NOT HE IS IN THE TOP 5 OR 6 PF's IN THE LEAGUE PERIOD
SWOL

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:40 pm

swolswol wrote:RASHEED SHOULD BE NO LOWER THAN 6TH......IF YOU PUT HIM LOWER YOU ARE JUST BIAS OR DONT KNOW TOO MUCH ABOUT BASKETBALL.....LIKE HIM OR NOT HE IS IN THE TOP 5 OR 6 PF's IN THE LEAGUE PERIOD

yea i hafta agree with him on that one...wallace DOMINATES he can go inside-out, and he has an array of post moves that he can use to poison other teams...and he is the GO TO GUY on the BLAZERS and every guy on the blazers wants to be that guy!

jermaine oneal, dirk and elton are all solid PF's, but Wallace is definetly jus as good if not better than those 3 right there.
FabFourLakers

Postby rydjorker121 on Thu Aug 14, 2003 5:43 pm

think y'all who disagree with me should go to this site:[url]
http://www.hoopshype.com/players/rasheed_wallace.htm[/url]

True, I am fully aware that Wallace is the leader of the TrailBlazers team and that he is a very defensive, versatile PF, but I got several reasons why I should put him all the way down to #12:

1. His attitude...he isn't a very good leader for the Blazers...throwing towels and arguing with referees is really hardcore and places an impact on his teammates...that's why they're the "Jail-Blazers."

2. As I've mentioned just way too many times, he sometimes has too much fun taking threes that he starts laying bricks all over the arc instead of attacking the basket. Wallace is not a high basketball IQ, and surely people like Elton Brand who play the game smart should deserve to rank ahead of Wallace. I even recall a loss by the Blazers...just because Wallace kept refusing to attack the basket in order to take threes. He ended like 3-12 from threes at the end. Pathetic.

3. Wallace can play in the post and the perimeter, but when one comes to think of it, he's only averaging 18 points per contest. He's not improving at that category either. People think that he will improve sooner or later, but his #'s dropped from the 19.3 points he averaged last year. Other guys in front of him on my PF rankings seemedto deserve their spots more because they are liable to improve, especially PAu Gasol, and they also average more points than him, like Karl Malone, who averaged 20.

4. Rasheed Wallace isn't a good rebounder for his height, 6'11". 7.4 rbs. in 36 minutes? That's necessary for a PF. All the others ahead of him could surely rebound.

As for Antoine Walker, he may be a scorer, but likewise, ain't a good shooter although he can rebound. His defense could improve, but I clearly forgot to put his name, so he should be in front of Ben Wallace at #9.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:04 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:think y'all who disagree with me should go to this site:[url]
http://www.hoopshype.com/players/rasheed_wallace.htm[/url]

True, I am fully aware that Wallace is the leader of the TrailBlazers team and that he is a very defensive, versatile PF, but I got several reasons why I should put him all the way down to #12:

1. His attitude...he isn't a very good leader for the Blazers...throwing towels and arguing with referees is really hardcore and places an impact on his teammates...that's why they're the "Jail-Blazers."

2. As I've mentioned just way too many times, he sometimes has too much fun taking threes that he starts laying bricks all over the arc instead of attacking the basket. Wallace is not a high basketball IQ, and surely people like Elton Brand who play the game smart should deserve to rank ahead of Wallace. I even recall a loss by the Blazers...just because Wallace kept refusing to attack the basket in order to take threes. He ended like 3-12 from threes at the end. Pathetic.

3. Wallace can play in the post and the perimeter, but when one comes to think of it, he's only averaging 18 points per contest. [b]He's not improving at that category either. People think that he will improve sooner or later, but his #'s dropped from the 19.3 points he averaged last year. Other guys in front of him on my PF rankings seemedto deserve their spots more because they are liable to improve, especially PAu Gasol, and they also average more points than him, like Karl Malone, who averaged 20.[/b]
4. Rasheed Wallace isn't a good rebounder for his height, 6'11". 7.4 rbs. in 36 minutes? That's necessary for a PF. All the others ahead of him could surely rebound.

As for Antoine Walker, he may be a scorer, but likewise, ain't a good shooter although he can rebound. His defense could improve, but I clearly forgot to put his name, so he should be in front of Ben Wallace at #9.

Dude do u realize why his numbers havent really improved yet? HES ON THE BLAZERS!!!!!! Everyone wants to score on that team! If they went to wallace every time down the court, he would be avg jus as many pts as KG or Duncan! And he does torch teams most nights, and eveyrone has their bad nights, even the best power forwards! You cant jus rate him on a single game! I think if he werent on the blazers, he would be avg 20 ppg easily and maybe more rebounds! And hey Rasheed 7.4rpg is NOT that bad, i know he can get more than that, but rebounding can always be improved, and if he goes to the nets who wont hafta worry about it, since he will have alonzo to help him, and dale davis grabbed most of the boards for the blazers!

And you wanna talk about attitude...every player has an attitude but i guess Sheed's a lil more volatile and very familiar with the refs that he has built a reputation for it and whatever he says he gets T'ed up for it! ALL bcuz of his rep! And if ur on the blazers, its hard to be a leader...it was tuff even for pippen to become a leader! Wallace isnt really IN LOVE with tha 3 pt line, he doesnt take that many actually, only when hes wide open, he never jus jacks up 3's when there is a hand in his face or if he is squaring up to the basket...its more like a set 3 pointer. And for 6'11, he can stroke it pretty good, the only other guy that can stroke it better than him at his size is Dirk Nowitzki.
FabFourLakers

Postby murcielago62 on Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:14 am

KG= SF
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby echo nation on Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:35 am

no dude

KG = PF AND SF
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby SWOL on Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:07 pm

one more time....if you dont put Wallace in the top 6 you either dont know too much about basketball or you are a homer and hate Wallace
SWOL

Postby Kobe's Therapist on Mon Aug 18, 2003 2:33 pm

I'd say Rasheed Wallace is about the 10th best PF in the league right now.

1. Kevin Garnett
2. Tim Duncan
3. Dirk Nowitzki
4. Chris Webber
5. Elton Brand
6. Jermaine O'neal
7. Pau Gasol
8. Karl Malone
9. Shareef Abdur-Rahim
10. Rasheed Wallace

And btw, I'm excluding Ben Wallace for now ... till he plays at the PF spot this season.

11. Kenyon Martin
12. Amare Stoudemire
Kobe's Therapist

Postby SWOL on Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:57 pm

Kobe's Therapist wrote:I'd say Rasheed Wallace is about the 10th best PF in the league right now.

1. Kevin Garnett
2. Tim Duncan
3. Dirk Nowitzki
4. Chris Webber
5. Elton Brand
6. Jermaine O'neal
7. Pau Gasol
8. Karl Malone
9. Shareef Abdur-Rahim
10. Rasheed Wallace

And btw, I'm excluding Ben Wallace for now ... till he plays at the PF spot this season.

11. Kenyon Martin
12. Amare Stoudemire

come on Shareef and Pau :man7: ....you have gotta be kinding, if you really believe that you are LAME.....Rasheed has way more teamates demanding the ball, Rasheed (its his own fault) gets NO CALLS from the refs and still puts up numbers, talent wise he is as good as KG, Duncan and Webber
if you really think that you know SQUAT about basketball
SWOL

Postby SWOL on Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:58 pm

KG over Duncan :man7: ...you know JACK SH*T about the game....and Jack left town buddy
SWOL

Postby shaqpak34 on Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:04 pm

[quote="Kobe's Therapist"][color=darkred][b]I'd say Rasheed Wallace is about the 10th best PF in the league right now.

1. Kevin Garnett
2. Tim Duncan
3. Dirk Nowitzki
4. Chris Webber
5. Elton Brand
6. Jermaine O'neal
7. Pau Gasol
8. Karl Malone
9. Shareef Abdur-Rahim
10. Rasheed Wallace

sheed is definately better than pau and shareef, u should know that

id put him around where brand and jermaine are
shaqpak34

Postby Kobe's Therapist on Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:27 pm

You guys have to get it through your heads that just because somebody "could" be better than someone else, doesn't mean they are ...

You are better, only when you show it on the court.

And last year, Pau and Shareef both showed better game than Rasheed did.

I understand that sheed plays with better players around him ... but Sheed is the leader ... and rather than continuing to improve, he gets worse and so does his attitude.

Rasheed --18.1ppg 7.4rpg 2.1apg .95spg 1.04bpg 47.1%FG 73.5%FT 35.8%3P 36.3mpg
Pau -------19.0ppg 8.8rpg 2.8apg .41spg 1.80bpg 51.0%FG 73.6%FT 10.0%3P 36.0mpg
Shareef --19.9ppg 8.4rpg 3.0apg 1.07spg .47bpg 47.8%FG 84.1%FT 35.0%3P 38.1mpg
Kobe's Therapist

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:02 am

Kobe's Therapist wrote:You guys have to get it through your heads that just because somebody "could" be better than someone else, doesn't mean they are ...

I understand that sheed plays with better players around him ... but Sheed is the leader ... and rather than continuing to improve, he gets worse and so does his attitude.

I dont think guys like Pau and Shareef take over games like Rasheed does. Who do those guys have on their team that can score? Shareef HAD terry and robinson but robinson was always injured. Pau had Miller towards the end and J Will, but not alot of guys that scored a ton around him right? Rasheed had to SHARE the ball in frickin PORTLAND where EVERYONE wants the ball!!! If Rasheed was on any other team that wasnt overloaded with talent like portland, hes a solid 20-22ppg and about 7-9 rpg. SHEED is better than Shareef and Pau! End of story!
FabFourLakers

Postby shaqpak34 on Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:30 am

sheed always takes over in the clutch. he hits those big [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] threes at the end like that one where kobe forced up the three at the end and the one where horry hit the game winner in the playoffs. neither pau nor shareef have done that. and look at whos teams are better. :man7:
shaqpak34

Postby SWOL on Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:07 am

Kobe's Therapist wrote:You guys have to get it through your heads that just because somebody "could" be better than someone else, doesn't mean they are ...

pau and shareef play on [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] teams....if either one of those guys played on Portland they wouldnt even av 14ppg dude think about it
SWOL

Next

Return to NBA Discussion