Trade suggestion: Just a thought

Trade suggestion: Just a thought

Postby Kobe834 on Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:45 pm

Why don't the nets trade Mutombo for Grant hill. Nets would have a decent (or not so decent )SF While still having a good center in Mourning, and Orlando would have a solid center. Both are in their "downhill" period, so I think it'll be an even trade.
Kobe834

Re: Trade suggestion: Just a thought

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:53 pm

Kobe834 wrote:Why don't the nets trade Mutombo for Grant hill. Nets would have a decent (or not so decent )SF While still having a good center in Mourning, and Orlando would have a solid center. Both are in their "downhill" period, so I think it'll be an even trade.

How about Hill's contract and health?

The only team that would do that are the Utah Jazz cuz they NEED players with big contracts! I really want to see Hill play again but god damn can an ankle injury be THAT bad?
FabFourLakers

Postby echo nation on Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:59 pm

hill's injury is very unfortunate

i hope he can come back for whoever has him and be a productive player off the bench or starting

im rooting for Grant Hill
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:04 pm

echo nation wrote:hill's injury is very unfortunate

i hope he can come back for whoever has him and be a productive player off the bench or starting

im rooting for Grant Hill

tru dat.

I really wanna see Orlando succeed, they've had some bad luck the past couple years in the playoffs and with injuries. T-Mac badly needs help, and if Hill can return to full health this season, doesnt this lineup look good?:

Howard
Gooden
Hill
T-Mac
Lue

and their bench is not bad:

Giricek
Gaines
Garrity
Declercq
Hunter
Sasser

I think they can be in the top 4 next season with that lineup
FabFourLakers

Postby self made on Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:45 pm

" think they can be in the top 4 next season with that lineup"
I DONT REALLY THINK THATS TOP FOUR, MAYBE IN THE EAST(NOT EVEN IN THE EAST). THE TOP 4 TEAMS ARE ALL ON THE WEST, IN NO PARTICUALR ORDER, LAKERS, WOLVES, SPURS, MAVS.
self made

Postby Vasashi17 on Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:58 pm

With Mutumbo at the center, Zo can come in and play a more natural position to him at the PF spot...this would move Martin to his more natural position of SF. So I would have to say no to this trade if I was the Nets, because Zo as of right now has been cleared to play....I believe Hill has not.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:59 pm

mutombo is garbage now, hes washed up. id still rather have hill cuz hill only needs this year out to fully heal then 2004-2005 he can play
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:21 pm

self made wrote:" think they can be in the top 4 next season with that lineup"
I DONT REALLY THINK THATS TOP FOUR, MAYBE IN THE EAST(NOT EVEN IN THE EAST). THE TOP 4 TEAMS ARE ALL ON THE WEST, IN NO PARTICUALR ORDER, LAKERS, WOLVES, SPURS, MAVS.

Ok i didnt think ppl were that stupid to not figure out that the magic can be in the top 4 in the EAST you idiot. And the mavs are NOT in the top 4, its the nets.
FabFourLakers

Return to NBA Discussion