USA vs Canada

Postby JSM on Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:12 pm

wow, that's the most by anyone so far. The previous high score was 17 and a lot of players had that in different games
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby JSM on Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:19 pm

Iverson had the highest point total ever for a U.S. player in an Olympic qualifier. The old mark was 25 by Gary Payton against the Dominican Republic on July 19, 1999. Iverson also became the first U.S. player to surpass 20 points in this tournament.
JSM

Postby rydjorker121 on Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:30 pm

damm..Iverson shot lights-out from three...no surprise the US gave Canada a whooping...was Steve nash even playing?
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby JSM on Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:38 pm

for the first quarter, then he sat out, so he can rest up for the next game, I guess they knew that they were going to lose to us, so there was no need in having him waste energy
Last edited by JSM on Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JSM

Postby zetaw00d on Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:39 pm

jsm0331 wrote:for the most of the first half, then he sat out, so he can rest up for the next game, I guess they knew that they were going to lose to us, so there was no need in having him waste energy

He only played in the first quarter!!!!
zetaw00d

Postby zetaw00d on Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:40 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:damm..Iverson shot lights-out from three...no surprise the US gave Canada a whooping...was Steve nash even playing?

Read the through the tread!!!
zetaw00d

Postby JSM on Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:46 pm

my bad I was reading about it at sportsline and got his confused, they said first quarter and I was reading somewhere else in the artical and it mentioned something about the first half score, so I got confused when I came back here, and accidentally put he played the first half. I will edit my post
JSM

Postby zetaw00d on Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:07 pm

jsm0331 wrote:my bad I was reading about it at sportsline and got his confused, they said first quarter and I was reading somewhere else in the artical and it mentioned something about the first half score, so I got confused when I came back here, and accidentally put he played the first half. I will edit my post

Team canada bench about 2 other players with nash. I dont remember their name sbut, when they were all playing together, nash was pushing up the ball and dishing out assist. He had 2 ally hoops passes. Team Canada was a different team with Nash on the floor, they had a lead!! Dont look into the stats too much it doesnt really say much, Kidd, K-Mart, Duncan, Carter, T-Mac, AI and Bibby are the ones that are playing real well. My disappoint is Brand. I though he would be doing better. Jefferson is doin alright, his spot could have been givin to Mashburn or Marion. Ray Allen is doin well when he is put to play but sees little playing time. Everytime i see ray shoot a jumper it goes in, too bad he doesnt play enough.
zetaw00d

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:06 am

zetaw00d wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:my bad I was reading about it at sportsline and got his confused, they said first quarter and I was reading somewhere else in the artical and it mentioned something about the first half score, so I got confused when I came back here, and accidentally put he played the first half. I will edit my post

Team canada bench about 2 other players with nash. I dont remember their name sbut, when they were all playing together, nash was pushing up the ball and dishing out assist. He had 2 ally hoops passes. Team Canada was a different team with Nash on the floor, they had a lead!! Dont look into the stats too much it doesnt really say much, Kidd, K-Mart, Duncan, Carter, T-Mac, AI and Bibby are the ones that are playing real well. My disappoint is Brand. I though he would be doing better. Jefferson is doin alright, his spot could have been givin to Mashburn or Marion. Ray Allen is doin well when he is put to play but sees little playing time. Everytime i see ray shoot a jumper it goes in, too bad he doesnt play enough.

well u never know..if tmac doesnt get healthy, they might replace him with someone like marion or mashburn...

Iverson was amazing tonight...im so happy he had a break out game...he is showin everybody that he can play a team game and still get 28 pts! Im rootin for AI and i like tha way hes playin with tha US olympic team! i hope he can play like that with his own team tho!
FabFourLakers

Postby zetaw00d on Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:58 am

FabFourLakers wrote:well u never know..if tmac doesnt get healthy, they might replace him with someone like marion or mashburn...

Iverson was amazing tonight...im so happy he had a break out game...he is showin everybody that he can play a team game and still get 28 pts! Im rootin for AI and i like tha way hes playin with tha US olympic team! i hope he can play like that with his own team tho!

They listed T-Mac as day to day. This is T-Mac's first competition with a USA team. If he can play, he will play. They should just get rid of Collison and Jefferson. Replace them with Marion, Pierce and/or KG!!
zetaw00d

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:06 am

zetaw00d wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:well u never know..if tmac doesnt get healthy, they might replace him with someone like marion or mashburn...

They listed T-Mac as day to day. This is T-Mac's first competition with a USA team. If he can play, he will play. They should just get rid of Collison and Jefferson. Replace them with Marion, Pierce and/or KG!!

if only KG wanted to play...

I thought pierce shoulda been on it...but as someone already said..they needed "role" players not more superstars
FabFourLakers

Postby zetaw00d on Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:50 am

FabFourLakers wrote:if only KG wanted to play...

I thought pierce shoulda been on it...but as someone already said..they needed "role" players not more superstars

Exactly, my point!!
zetaw00d

Postby SWOL on Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:12 pm

Zeta thanx for the updates dogg
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion