Van Exel to Warriors/Jamison to Dallas in blockbuster trade

Van Exel to Warriors/Jamison to Dallas in blockbuster trade

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Fri Aug 15, 2003 7:26 pm

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/baske ... 543831.htm

WOW... now one of my fav players can be a starter again.. nve! he was wasted in dallas behind nash... sure it looks like dallas got better deal but gs got rid of fortsons huge contract, and jamisons also, and think this... jamison adds another scorer who needs the ball in dallas... isnt that great for dallas if u think about it, fortson is still undersized for there inside help,
losing jamison isnt that big a deal for gs... he had a max contract that wasnt worth it for them, now dunleavy and start and show what hes got.
i hope nick does well in gs

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/story?id=1597137
Last edited by LaKeRsDyNaStY on Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Aug 15, 2003 7:35 pm

:man4:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby BDG on Fri Aug 15, 2003 7:49 pm

DAAAAMN that's a huge trade. I never would have expected anything like this to go down. I didn't think that GSW would give up Jamison either.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby murcielago62 on Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:25 pm

Jamison is the truth too!!! Mavs still gonna get their [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] handed to them, but they're a great young team
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby Roscoe on Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:30 pm

Damn, Dallas has so many weapons. Antawn Jamison, Dirk, Finley, and Nash, thats gonna be fun to watch. Too bad they still don't have any D... :man10:

"Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby Danny Ainge on Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:46 pm

Man, Cuban is too insecure, he needs to smoke a cuban
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby Roscoe on Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:48 pm

He could buy Cuba... :man10:

"Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby Danny Ainge on Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:53 pm

Over Castro's dead body.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby Lame on Fri Aug 15, 2003 9:31 pm

OMG man, I think the rest of the NBA is just joining forces to stop the Lakers..Jamison and Fortson for Van Exel? Sorry to say but Golden State got the dirty end of this trade, as great as Nick is Jamison is just on the rise..plus your loading up the Mavs, that is what they locked..not they've got two good PF's

DAM GOLDEN STATE! MAY U BE CURSED
Lame

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Fri Aug 15, 2003 9:34 pm

for reals it seems like everyones teaming up against us... every power in the west is getting super good [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] deals to strenghten there team
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby BDG on Fri Aug 15, 2003 9:34 pm

maybe they're goin for a good chance at the lottery...
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Guest on Fri Aug 15, 2003 9:52 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:maybe they're goin for a good chance at the lottery...

they had a good team though, i thought maybe they'd sneak into the 8th spot this year...maybe they got scared since they lost Gilbert Arenas, that was a huge blow

Postby BDG on Fri Aug 15, 2003 9:59 pm

That's true. They had a legit shot at the playoffs this year. I think they shouldn't have made that trade. NVE is too streaky. He'll go 1-8 one night and then the next, he'll bust out for 40 points.

You never know whatcha gonna get with Nick "The Quick".

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:00 pm

nick isnt as streaky and inconsistent as u think he is...
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby Guest on Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:03 pm

LaKeRsDyNaStY wrote:nick isnt as streaky and inconsistent as u think he is...

but on the same token he is no franchise player, and he does sometimes shoot way too may ill-advised shots, well he'll have all the light in the world for that now in Golden State..who do GS have now as their PF to replace Jamison? I feel sorry for GS, if I was a fan I'd be outraged and start a riot

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:04 pm

-_- :disagree: ... FOR THE LAST TIME... JAMISON ISNT A PF AND HE WASNT GS'S PF... HE PLAYED SF FOR THEM, JAMISON ISNT EXACTLY A FRANCHISE PLAYER EITHER, HE AVERAGES LESS THEN 2 ASSISTS A GAME WHICH IS SAD
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby BDG on Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:06 pm

LaKeRsDyNaStY wrote:nick isnt as streaky and inconsistent as u think he is...

here's Nick going for 40... http://www.nba.com/games/20030510/DALSAC/boxscore.html

Then the next night, he goes for 5 points... http://www.nba.com/games/20030511/DALSAC/boxscore.html

If that's not streaky/inconsistent, I don't know what is.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:07 pm

wow... once.. theres many streakier players then nve...yeah and he was a bencher not a starter

by the way its on espn now, looks like reality now

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/story?id=1597137
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby BDG on Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:09 pm

well, I'm not gonna go through every box score to prove he's a streaky player, but I'll still stick by my claim.

Thanks for the confirmation though LD.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Jamaican Lakerfan on Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:46 pm

I don't know if the Mavericks improved with this trade; their backcourt got weaker, Fortson was healthy last season but generally misses a number of games to injury, and Jamison is a ball-hog whohas no desire to play any defence.

Golden State seems to be re-building; they got some older, less selfish guys who might actually play some defence, and listen to the coach. It seems Musselman was behind this; I can't imagine this originating with their GM St.Jean. Its just a shame they could not have kept Arenas.

To sum it up: GS will be better defensively but with the other powers in the West improving, it may not reflect much in the win column. Mavs, ...I don't know - they seem the same. Its all about Jamison - if the Mavs can motivate him to play better in a stuation where he is not the franchise cornerstone, then the Mavs will be better.
Jamaican Lakerfan

Postby 4Rings on Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:29 am

While Jamison is a superb talent, I would like to see how he handles not being the #1 option anymore. They will give it to Dirk, Finley, Nash AND then maybe Jamison. Let's see how he deals with that. While this is a good deal for Dallas, they lose depth at that PG position and they still have no defensive players that will strike fear into any opponent. This was a good trade but was it really necessary?
If we are all thinking alike, then nobody is thinking!
4Rings

Postby echo nation on Sat Aug 16, 2003 6:47 am

Danny Ainge wrote:Over Castro's dead body.

thats ok by me too

anyway, about the trade..

i somehow think its a bad trade for both teams... jamison will never be as valuable as he was w/ GS... and Van Exel will never be the option that GS had in Jamison...

i think it was both teams desperate to make a move..

GS seemed like it was at least headed the right direction too... and Dallas... well... who cares
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby Jamaican Lakerfan on Sat Aug 16, 2003 10:44 am

Since Dallas obviously got weaker at PG, are there any good ones still out there that they have signed, or are looking to sign? Surely, Cuban and Nelson must have planned this out better than it looks.
Jamaican Lakerfan

Postby JSM on Sat Aug 16, 2003 11:05 am

Dallas is trying to get Traviis Best or Rod Strickland
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Aug 16, 2003 11:47 am

With Dirk at PF, Nash at PG, and Finley at SG, Dallas needed to sure up that SF position. They just did with Jamison. Now all they need is a center. Good luck in finding one!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Next

Return to NBA Discussion