Video of the preferential treatment Heat got in 2012 Finals

Video of the preferential treatment Heat got in 2012 Finals

Postby The Rock on Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:07 am

Wish the 2006 Finals one was still available but yea similar to that one you can see every little touch foul, 50/50 call going in their favor

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Re: Video of the preferential treatment Heat got in 2012 Finals

Postby Scnottaken on Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:11 am

The Rock wrote:

Wish the 2006 Finals one was still available but yea similar to that one you can see every little touch foul, 50/50 call going in their favor

At least the Thunder were the recipients this time. Now they know how it feels to play 8 on 5.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby Congo Cash on Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:21 am

With Harden's pathetic performance, they were bound to lose the series regardless of the fouls or FTs...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby Thenextgreat on Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:30 am

Shocking :man4:
Thenextgreat

Postby Finwë on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:05 am

The Rock wrote:

I LOVED Fish's reaction at 9:30 or so. Exactly how I reacted.

BTW, I wouldn't call the series "rigged", but the officiating definitely was TERRIBLE, and it definitely was a big factor in Miami's favor. Game 2 was decided by a terrible no call on Durant on the final shot. The ridiculous foul call on Harden put the nail in the coffin in Game 3, which was also kinda decided by having Durant on foul trouble throughout the game, which in itself was ridiculous since the fouls they called on him were PATHETIC.
I'm not saying if the officiating was fair OKC wins, but I definitely think the series goes back to OKC for a game 6 and very possibly a game 7.

Having said that, they ALL flop. It was disgusting to watch. All of them. Both teams are FILLED with floppers. It just so happened that Miami got more calls or actually more key or crucial calls.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby shaq_hater on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:00 am

The refs HEAVILY favored the Heat. But I thought the Heat played really well. Every player on the Heat contributed, whereas for the Thunder, apparently what MWP said against Harden was true (all beard no brain).
MY GUY IS AWESOME BECAUSE HE HAS 5 RINGS.
shaq_hater

Postby thkthebest on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:04 am

In my opinion, the Thunder get the most preferential treatment out of all teams in the NBA.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby Weezy on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:29 am

Sometimes I will agree that extreme preferential treatment was given, like game 2 of the 2008 Finals where Boston got literally every call against us, we couldn't even look at their players wrong. In this case though, the Heat just got more calls, some were bad, but I just saw plain bad reffing flat out for both teams, that's just the NBA today. The Heat in this case also got more calls because their stars constantly attack the hoop, the Thunder just shoot jumpers all day long, except for Westbrook really, and I would say he could not buy a call that one game he kept attacking. The Thunder overall though, get more calls than any team in the league, so I don't feel sorry for them, they got a wake up call in the Finals, they got shown a thing or two by the old veterans, and I enjoyed it despite not wanting to see the Heat win.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Return to NBA Discussion