Vin Baker signs with the Knicks for remainder of season

Postby keyindabox on Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:33 pm

shaqpak34 wrote:they lost to the ai-less sixers

lol both teams dint even crack a hundred points yet they got to 2 overtimes

east teams...

First of all, anyone can beat anyone around this time. Even without their star, they can beat any team. And two, you shouldn't even be worrying about how much East teams score in games. Yes 100 wasnt even cracked even with two overtimes. But if you actually watched the game, you could have seen why. Both teams had very good D, especially in the last minutes of the 4th quarter and in the 1st and 2nd overtime. Your team is in the West, so dont worry about the East. Just worry about your lakers dawg, not the Knicks or any other Eastern teams. Dont hate, the knicks have improved and next season after the fresh start and off season to gel we will have a better record and have better chemistry ect.
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks

Postby JSM on Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:39 pm

How was Vin? Did he look in shape? I know he didn't give yall exactly what yall wanted tonight, but he will come around, this was only his first game. He scored 2 points on 1/4 shooting, 2 rebounds, 2 blocks, 4 fouls, in 14 minutes.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby shaqpak34 on Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:47 pm

keyindabox wrote:

east teams...

First of all, anyone can beat anyone around this time. Even without their star, they can beat any team. And two, you shouldn't even be worrying about how much East teams score in games. Yes 100 wasnt even cracked even with two overtimes. But if you actually watched the game, you could have seen why. Both teams had very good D, especially in the last minutes of the 4th quarter and in the 1st and 2nd overtime. Your team is in the West, so dont worry about the East. Just worry about your lakers dawg, not the Knicks or any other Eastern teams. Dont hate, the knicks have improved and next season after the fresh start and off season to gel we will have a better record and have better chemistry ect.

hahah dont worry bro i was justkiddin bout that

i got love for ur knicks ever since they got marbury nd penny

i dont hate dawg, i know that aint right
shaqpak34

Postby keyindabox on Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:21 pm

shaqpak34 wrote:
keyindabox wrote:

east teams...

hahah dont worry bro i was justkiddin bout that

i got love for ur knicks ever since they got marbury nd penny

i dont hate dawg, i know that aint right

Nah its my bad. I just get so into it. Im a true knickerbocker. And yeah Vin looked in shape. I mean not like best he can be kind of shape but he looked good.
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks

Postby Starbury AJD on Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:51 am

jsm0331 wrote:
Starbury AJD wrote: You dont know this cause you dont watch us very often....NAZR SUCKs, ok???? He had 2 good games!!! thats all!!!! He's a stiff! his hands are feet, he cant hold onto the ball. Plus mutombo is 56 yrs old!!!

No, Nazr doesn't suck, believe me I have watched a lot longer than probably everyone here combined has. I have watched him for 3 seasons in Atlanta. He is a very good big man for yall, just give him time to adjust. He is just coming off of having 3 very good games (March 3, 5, & 7). I don't know what more yall want. Just give him time and watch him develop. He will probably learn a few things from Deke too.

Nah, he has no hands. Sweetney is our future. Period. End of story.
Starbury AJD

Postby shaqpak34 on Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:09 am

i hope baker dont relapse again, cus if he dont, then he can really produce for yall
shaqpak34

Postby lakerfanimal on Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:29 am

yal need to get j rich i think
ImageImage
lakerfanimal

Postby rydjorker121 on Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:55 am

back to the subject, now, I think that the signing of Vin Baker actually has more pros than cons for the New York Knicks...sigh...Isiah is a better GM than a coach all of a sudden...thats not taking away anything that he did as a coach, but doing things behind the scenes seems to be his newfound talent...Baker surely has those alcohol problems but a situation like NYK would put him on the spotlight often, so he better get rid of his drunk problems soon or else...and as some people here have posted up the lineups of NYK, please don't get overly optimistic that Baker will be a sudden spark...he will always be a bench player behind Kurt Thomas.

In fact, I believe that Vin was made for the '90s. He has a more old fashioned game, and hes probably only good at posting up. When he was sober he couldn't do a thing, and he has a lot of problems trying to adjust to the new generations of crazy, athletic PFs. Fact is, Vin doesn't have that intensity he had in the '90s. Can't you guys just give up, hes just a role player now..still good, but nothing like the past. And hes drawing all these interest with his problems, and he is very foul prone...The Knicks now have all these big men, its only wise to get rid of Othella Harrington by next season at least. Nazr will continue to improve.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby PrimeTime on Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:57 am

What a loser. Naw. He might do NY soem good. He just added to the list of Problems that Isiah will have come playoff time.

~Out, Prime
PrimeTime

Postby lakersfan9 on Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:32 pm

they have second best looking lineup in the east detroit has fisrt dude they have sheed and everybody
lakersfan9

Postby shaqpak34 on Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:35 pm

DUDE I LIKE BAKER I HAD HIS SHOES

I FORGOT BOUT THEM

THEY WERE NICE, THE GREEN ND WHITE TEAM JORDANS!!! :man13: :man13: :man13:
shaqpak34

Postby shaqpak34 on Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:38 pm

jordan jumpman vindicates it hink is what they are called
shaqpak34

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion