Vin Baker signs with the Knicks for remainder of season

Vin Baker signs with the Knicks for remainder of season

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:46 am

Isiah is ruthless......the Knicks really look good out East now.....I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Lakers-Knicks Finals this year! In fact how great would that be for the NBA when ratings are hitting some all-time lows this season.

Story is found here: Vin Baker is now a Knick
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:41 am

about time, everyone knew they were going to sign him and they finally did. The Knicks are very deep, perhaps the deepest team in the East. If Vin can get back to playing how he was with the Celtics earlier this year, then they are going to be a big threat to any Eastern team and might even be able to push themselves all the way to the Finals.

Take a look at their roster, not too shabby:

Mohammed/Deke/Sweetney/Trybanski
Baker/K. Thomas/Harrington
T. Thomas/Penny/Johnson
Houston/Anderson
Marbury/Norris/Williams

Nice little team Isiah has assembled there.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Shaq Fan on Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:45 pm

wow, best in the east by far.

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby keyindabox on Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:37 pm

Man I love this. If we cant get to the finals or at least to the eastern conference finals this year, next year we will probably. We will have the whole off season to gel. And then everything will be set.

WE'RE BAAAAAAAAAAACK :jam2:
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:55 pm

keyindabox wrote:Man I love this. If we cant get to the finals or at least to the eastern conference finals this year, next year we will probably. We will have the whole off season to gel. And then everything will be set.

WE'RE BAAAAAAAAAAACK :jam2:

You guys definitely are.....and just imagine....Isiah is gonna be gunnin for Rasheed in the offseason.....besides Indiana....you guys will be the monster in the East. If anybody is to deserve big ups in NY...its Isiah Thomas!
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:00 pm

Isiah Thomas is amazing. He was great as a player, great as a coach, and now he can probably be considered a great general manager (or is he team president?).
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby Starbury AJD on Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:08 pm

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST DAYS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VIN BAKER IS OURS!!! THANK YOU ISIAH!!! IF ISIAH DOESNT WIN EXEC OF THE YEAR I WILL GO CRAZY! (he's the pres of basketball operations)
Starbury AJD

Postby keyindabox on Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:16 pm

Im just so happy. I mean, just think about it. We knicks fans haven't seen our guys in the playoffs for TWO YEARS. And to some that might seem short. But to knicks fans, its a long a$$ time! Some guys stopped watching the knicks for the past two years. But I still watched. And the thing that most excites me is that I will be able to see the Knicks in the playoffs once again! And it will be a huge deal to me, because I cant really remember a playoff series with the knicks because they were in I think back in 2000-2001 season playoffs but lost in the first round to the raptors. And I cant remember anything that that much from the 99' season since I was just 9 years old back then. Man....THE EXCITEMENT IS BACK!
Last edited by keyindabox on Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Postby Starbury AJD on Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:17 pm

Yeah, this'll be great..I wonder if he really CAN play center?
Starbury AJD

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:18 pm

Why can't he....he's done it before in Seattle and with Boston.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:20 pm

Starbury AJD wrote:Yeah, this'll be great..I wonder if he really CAN play center?

in the East probably, but why would yall want him to play center with Nazr andf Deke already playing that position. Kurt and Baker will make the PF position very strong for the Knicks.
JSM

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:24 pm

Thats a great point J!
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby yrh on Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:24 pm

what's the starting lineup?
yrh

Postby keyindabox on Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:26 pm

same as always

Houston
Marbury
Tim Thomas
Kurt Thomas
Nazr M.

Baker will of course not get that many minutes tonight.
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Postby Kobe834 on Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:48 pm

It was a little obvious, but I wanted him to be a Laker.
Kobe834

Postby BDG on Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:50 pm

Good move, by Isaiah-- what took so long?!

Y'all better hope he stays sober...
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Kobe834 on Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:58 pm

4 real :man10:
Kobe834

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:01 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:Good move, by Isaiah-- what took so long?!

What took so long BDG, was that the players union had to settle with the Celtic's grievance against his current contract with them. It ruled in favor of Vin, allowing him to get the majority of the money from his current contract and also making him a legit FA. That happened yesterday and today Isiah picked him up. Isiah is gonna make one hell of a franchise out of the Knicks. I'm happy for him, the city of NY and their loyal fans.

Also one other interesting tidbit....remember when everybody was scratching their heads with Jerry West's moves for the Griz....well people the Griz are only 2 games back of the Lakers....thats right...2 freakin games! That just shows you that GMs make one hell of a difference for an organization. Isiah is getting there....while Jerry West is the master!
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby BDG on Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:15 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:Good move, by Isaiah-- what took so long?!

What took so long BDG, was that the players union had to settle with the Celtic's grievance against his current contract with them. It ruled in favor of Vin, allowing him to get the majority of the money from his current contract and also making him a legit FA. That happened yesterday and today Isiah picked him up. Isiah is gonna make one hell of a franchise out of the Knicks. I'm happy for him, the city of NY and their loyal fans.

Also one other interesting tidbit....remember when everybody was scratching their heads with Jerry West's moves for the Griz....well people the Griz are only 2 games back of the Lakers....thats right...2 freakin games! That just shows you that GMs make one hell of a difference for an organization. Isiah is getting there....while Jerry West is the master!
Ah, that's right, I forgot about the whole players union thing :man7:

Wait, so are the Grizz TIED with Dallas?
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby JSM on Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:17 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:Wait, so are the Grizz TIED with Dallas?

yeah, they are tied. 40-24
JSM

Postby Starbury AJD on Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:05 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
Starbury AJD wrote:Yeah, this'll be great..I wonder if he really CAN play center?

in the East probably, but why would yall want him to play center with Nazr andf Deke already playing that position. Kurt and Baker will make the PF position very strong for the Knicks.

You dont know this cause you dont watch us very often....NAZR SUCKs, ok???? He had 2 good games!!! thats all!!!! He's a stiff! his hands are feet, he cant hold onto the ball. Plus mutombo is 56 yrs old!!!
Starbury AJD

Postby Starbury AJD on Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:07 pm

keyindabox wrote:same as always

Houston
Marbury
Tim Thomas
Kurt Thomas
Nazr M.

Baker will of course not get that many minutes tonight.

Maybe not anymore i want sweetney to start!!!!
Starbury AJD

Postby JSM on Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:15 pm

Starbury AJD wrote: You dont know this cause you dont watch us very often....NAZR SUCKs, ok???? He had 2 good games!!! thats all!!!! He's a stiff! his hands are feet, he cant hold onto the ball. Plus mutombo is 56 yrs old!!!

No, Nazr doesn't suck, believe me I have watched a lot longer than probably everyone here combined has. I have watched him for 3 seasons in Atlanta. He is a very good big man for yall, just give him time to adjust. He is just coming off of having 3 very good games (March 3, 5, & 7). I don't know what more yall want. Just give him time and watch him develop. He will probably learn a few things from Deke too.
JSM

Postby Musttang87 on Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:15 pm

yo dont mess with nazr. m, he can play center just fine. he just needs to handle his fouls better. in the 3-4 games he started as a knick he is pulling down like 13 rebounds with 10 points at least.
Musttang87

Postby shaqpak34 on Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:19 pm

they lost to the ai-less sixers

lol both teams dint even crack a hundred points yet they got to 2 overtimes

east teams...
shaqpak34

Next

Return to NBA Discussion