Vince Carter open minded about joining the dunk contest...

Vince Carter open minded about joining the dunk contest...

Postby Roscoe on Sat Nov 15, 2003 10:50 pm

"Raptors guard Vince Carter is open-minded about participating in the NBA slam-dunk contest during all-star weekend in February, but he's not ready to commit to anything. "I have no idea," Carter said yesterday."

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Basketball/NBA/Toronto/2003/11/15/258761.html

I hope he joins...

"Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Nov 15, 2003 10:53 pm

i think T-Mac, Kobe, J-Rich, Vince, Desmond, Maggette, all tha high fliers in tha NBA should jus have an all out dunk contest...
FabFourLakers

Postby SWOL on Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:20 am

ITS IN LA WHY NOT, THAT WOULD BE A TOUGH TICKET
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby shaqpak34 on Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:56 am

dude that would be awesome, VC tearin the house down...

but i just hope tmac, kobe, and the other crazy high flyers that normally DONT participate to join too....

that would be awesome

i hope lebron does it too, then he and VC would go at it one on one
shaqpak34

Postby Guest on Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:49 am

Isn't there a rule in the contest now? you can't be in the league for more then 3 seasons. After your third season your not illegable.

That's why they call it rising stars or primier dunkers or whatever contest.

Postby shaqpak34 on Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:32 am

WHAT THE [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]..THATS HORRIBLE

THERELL BE NO FRIGGIN COMPETITION AND [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] SCREW RISING STARS THE NBA HAS KILLED THE DUNK CONTEST WITH THIS AND THE SPIN THE WHEEL CRAP AND ALL OF THAT....
shaqpak34

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:15 pm

shaqpak34 wrote:WHAT THE [censored]..THATS HORRIBLE

THERELL BE NO FRIGGIN COMPETITION AND [censored] SCREW RISING STARS THE NBA HAS KILLED THE DUNK CONTEST WITH THIS AND THE SPIN THE WHEEL CRAP AND ALL OF THAT....

yea they need to stop that sh*t right away its not fun seeing guys perform tha same dunks from tha past...

Lebron, VC, T-Mac, Kobe, J-Rich and Desmond should have an all out dunk contest...
FabFourLakers

Postby Guest on Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:56 pm

That's just what they said last year at the contest. J Rich isn't going to be able to go this year. But not to worry, if the NBA finds out that Carter and others still want to go they will change the rule.

I'd like to see a Vince Carter, Ricky Davis, Jason Richardson, Desmond Mason showdown.

Postby o0O kb8 O0o on Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:59 pm

theyve changed the dunk contest rules every year prety much...i want to see kobe, VC, TMAC, riky davis, j rich and lebron in ther
o0O kb8 O0o

Postby BDG on Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:02 pm

Vince.
Kobe.
J-Rich.
McGrady.
Mason.
Ricky Davis.
Francis.
LeBron.
RJ.

If they ever had this, I'd preserve the tape in a glass case. The should have this-- I don't see why not.

They should have voting by the fans as to who competes in the Dunk Contest!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:15 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:Vince.
Kobe.
J-Rich.
McGrady.
Mason.
Ricky Davis.
Francis.
LeBron.
RJ.

If they ever had this, I'd preserve the tape in a glass case. The should have this-- I don't see why not.

They should have voting by the fans as to who competes in the Dunk Contest!

I AGREE!!!!!! we SHOULD have voting! damn i forgot about FRANCIS he had some DAMN GOOD dunks and has HOPS!! i think Shawn Marion should enter too...
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:17 pm

Oh yeah the Matrix....

That would make it an even TEN dunkers... what a great competition that would be.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Guest on Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:05 pm

I don't think Kobe would stand a chance in the dunk contest. It would lower his standards as the best player in the NBA plus he'll never have enough ability to jump over J Rich or Mason.

That's just a fact.

Postby rydjorker121 on Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:44 pm

I know, man that sux, the league doesn't want those fabulous dunkers to be out in LA dunking all over the house with that freaking NBA years limit...

Vince can't join already..if anything I look for this year's dunk contest to be like this, with these prolithic dunkers:

Gerald Wallace (best dunker who can't get playing time. Weird jumper stroke.)
--3rd year

LeBron James (King of the young'uns in dunking. Can dunk either which way on the open court. Can't shoot now, maybe soon.) --rookie

Amare Stoudemire (Dunking and rocking the rim. Good in the post. Missed some hardcore dunks last year's dunk contest.) --2nd season

Richard Jefferson (Dunks like an insomniac. Run and jump athletic freak in the open court. A star...or is it because of Kidd?) --3rd season

Carmelo Anthony--(can dunk and rock the rim, but for the hell of it I'm just putting him here as a candidate) --rookie

I bet Anderson Varejao would have been in this contest if he opted to go to the draft....who knows, he's a good dunker tho...
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby o0O kb8 O0o on Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:31 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:I know, man that sux, the league doesn't want those fabulous dunkers to be out in LA dunking all over the house with that freaking NBA years limit...

Vince can't join already..if anything I look for this year's dunk contest to be like this, with these prolithic dunkers:

Gerald Wallace (best dunker who can't get playing time. Weird jumper stroke.)
--3rd year

LeBron James (King of the young'uns in dunking. Can dunk either which way on the open court. Can't shoot now, maybe soon.) --rookie

Amare Stoudemire (Dunking and rocking the rim. Good in the post. Missed some hardcore dunks last year's dunk contest.) --2nd season

Richard Jefferson (Dunks like an insomniac. Run and jump athletic freak in the open court. A star...or is it because of Kidd?) --3rd season

Carmelo Anthony--(can dunk and rock the rim, but for the hell of it I'm just putting him here as a candidate) --rookie

I bet Anderson Varejao would have been in this contest if he opted to go to the draft....who knows, he's a good dunker tho...

y isnt j rich on ur list?
o0O kb8 O0o

Postby Guest on Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:55 pm

He's not allegable after his 3rd year.

Postby JSM on Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:08 pm

they will change the rules again this year, and they will get rid of the rule that you can only participate if you are in one of the first few years of your career.

Here is why they probably changed it:

They found out that not too many people wanted to do it (none of the big stars) so they made that rule after they found that out, so it wouldn't make them look bad. If they didn't people would think
oh so and so didn't want to participate
...but in stead they will think oh they couldn't participate...this makes the league look better

If they had the old rule people would realize the dunk competition has been lame (not the participants, but the contest itself)...between them looking for new ways (unsuccessful ones) to do things (spin wheel, etc.) and other dumb things they have tried to do to boost ratings

It hasn't been drawing a lot of viewers ever since Kobe and Vince have stopped doing it...yeah, they get a good bit of people to tune in to see J-Rich...but not as many that watched to see Kobe and Vince. Another proof that rating haven't been good they got MJ to be a judge (usually current NBA players aren't judges.)

So if they find out that Vince, Kobe, and (or) T-Mac has (have) an interest in participating, then they will go back to the old rule
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby o0O kb8 O0o on Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:35 pm

Posto wrote:He's not allegable after his 3rd year.

isnt this year his 3rd?
o0O kb8 O0o

Return to NBA Discussion