Vince...the next Grant Hill

Vince...the next Grant Hill

Postby JSM on Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:08 pm

Vince just can't seem to stay healthy. Tonight against the Hornets, he got hurt again. He must have very weak legs, because he has only played 1 full season and basically the whole shortened season. HE seems to get hurt almost as much as Shaq, but Shaq is a lot bigger and has guys hanging on him.

I think Carter will end up being the next Grant Hill, having so much potential and promise, but has to miss a good bit of his NBA career due to injuries. Even if tonight's injury isn't serious, this point still needs to be brought up. What should the Raptors do? Should they get the best medical staff in the league to be there primarily for Carter? Should they trade him for healthy players?

Take a look at this stat:
    98-99: he played 50 games
    99-00: he played all 82
    00-01: he played 75
    01-02: he played 60
    02-03: he played 43
    03-04: he's played all 36 so far
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby JSM on Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:14 pm

I forgot to mention what happened to him tonight, well here it is:
Yahoo Sports: Vince Carter went down clutching his right leg after losing his balance during a dunk attempt Thursday night in a game against the New Orleans Hornets.

Toronto trainer Chuck Mooney said Carter appeared to have a strained quadriceps.

Carter was soaring through the lane as he was fouled by George Lynch. Carter stayed down for about five minutes and appeared to be holding his knee before being helped to the foul line.

Standing with nearly all of his weight on his left leg, he missed both free throws, then Toronto intentionally committed a foul so Carter could be taken from the game.

Carter left the game with 4:41 remaining in the first quarter.
JSM

Postby rydjorker121 on Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:53 pm

yo jsm...how severe is his injury? Is it just a mildly strained quadriceps...or a severely strained one?

Well, anyway,it looks like Air Canada would be flying to the vicinity of the bench for the next couple of weeks...reminsicent of Zarko Cabarkapa except he just lost his balance...especially if no one did any harm and you did it to yourself...thats the saddest way to get an injury...

but I doubt he'll be the next Grant Hill...thats too strong a word especially due to one injury...previously Vince's played all 36 games of the season with the Raps
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby JSM on Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:57 pm

All that is known so far is:
Yahoo Sports: Team officials called the injury a strained quadriceps and said Carter's condition would be re-evaluated Friday.
JSM

Postby BDG on Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:12 pm

That's so true-- Carter isn't durable at all and he's overrated. The only reason he's #1 in All-Star voting is because he can do some sick dunks.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:45 pm

damn tha top vote getters in tha east and west both go down with an injury consecutively...very strange
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:55 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:damn tha top vote getters in tha east and west both go down with an injury consecutively...very strange
Whoa I didn't even realize that... I hope Kobe is back in time for the All-Star game.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:30 pm

yea i guess now ray allen might be kobe's replacement if he cant come back in time....
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:16 pm

VC is now listed day to day
JSM

Postby noxcel on Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:29 pm

jsm0331 wrote:VC is now listed day to day

good, I think he should not play till the end of the year. The team will do better without him.
noxcel

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:21 pm

yea for some odd reason i think toronto is better off without carter....he really isnt THAT good
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:27 pm

the Carter pre-injury would be a top 10 player right now, but this Carter is only a top 20 or 25 player. He used to carry that team, and it doesn't look like he can do that anymore. In the playoffs a few years back, I saw some of his best basketball he has played. He played hard and refused to lose, that mentality has left him
JSM

Postby BDG on Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:42 pm

Bottom line: Carter is weak in every way.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby ZenMaster4President on Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:55 pm

Kobe will play in Allstar - even if he will no be 100% - just for the fans.
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
ZenMaster4President

Postby BDG on Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:01 am

You may be right. I'd rather he sits it out if he's in TOO much pain... as bad as I wanna see him play there.

BDG
Retired Admin

Return to NBA Discussion