Vlade Divac to Pistons.

Vlade Divac to Pistons.

Postby Shaq Fan on Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:26 am

In my local news paper there is a section(in the sports page) called NBA rumor mill, and in one of the rumors it has that in the near future Vlade Divac could be shipped to Detroit. It stated the Kings are trying to get rid of Divac's 1 year contract, because he is probably going to retire next year. And now that they have Brad Miller, he could play in the starting role. And it also said that the Kings were the ones who called Detroit, but the Pistons GM Joe Dumars is a little lienant on making a decision to bring the aging center to Detroit.

Detroit gets:

Vlade Divac>>>salarie: $12,051,510
a 1st rd pick and a 2nd rd pick

Sacramento gets:

Corlis Williamson>>>salarie(over a few years): $23,000,000

*Correct me if Im wrong but, wasn't Williamson a King a few years ago?

MY STAND POINT

If I was Sacramento I would through the bait out on that trade to, but I do not think Detroit will take it.

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby Kobe's Therapist on Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:06 am

Trade doesn't make much sense for the Kings in my opinion.

They get just about nothing out of it.
Kobe's Therapist

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:21 am

y would detroit want floppy when they already have elden
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby HndsmCelt on Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:29 pm

Teh Maloofs have already offered Vlade a job with the organization after retirement. I know Lakers fans have no idea what loyality is but honestly folks this story is drivil benith even consideration here.
"We suck at rebounding"
Brad Miller
HndsmCelt
Clublakers Rep: Sac Kings

Postby zetaw00d on Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:34 pm

HndsmCelt wrote:I know Lakers fans have no idea what loyality is but honestly folks this story is drivil benith even consideration here.

Yea, sure the Laker dont have any loyality!! Thats why Magic owns part of the Lakers and why Kurt Rambis is an assistant coach!!! Michael Cooper and Larry Drew were also assistant coaches!!! Are there any ex-kings players that are working for the kings now?
zetaw00d

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:35 pm

HndsmCelt wrote:Teh Maloofs have already offered Vlade a job with the organization after retirement. I know Lakers fans have no idea what loyality is but honestly folks this story is drivil benith even consideration here.

BS... ur an idiot i swear. i can flame u cuz u say dumbass things like this
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby Shaq Fan on Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:38 pm

HndsmCelt wrote:Teh Maloofs have already offered Vlade a job with the organization after retirement. I know Lakers fans have no idea what loyality is but honestly folks this story is drivil benith even consideration here.

Where in the world did you hear that The Magoofs offered Divac's a job with an organization after retirement? I think that is not true.

Shaq Fan

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:40 pm

thats not the point. the point is hes saying the lakers dont have loyalty.. :disagree:
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby Shaq Fan on Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:42 pm

Its my point. I already know the Lakers have loyalty, I do not care what any jerks have to say. All I care about is what I think.

Shaq Fan

Postby zetaw00d on Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:44 pm

How many Franchise kings players were there? Are there any players that just played for the Kings???? I remember they have been trading away their good players!!!
zetaw00d

Postby HndsmCelt on Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:45 pm

I never said the Lakers did not have loyality, I said that Laker fans have no idea what loyality is aobut... big diffeence. Your the fo.ks who think that Malone bailing on the Jazz after 18 years and stnding out side the Pimples Center witha sign that reads "Will play ofr food and jewerly" shows class rather than exposing him for the mercenary he is.
"We suck at rebounding"
Brad Miller
HndsmCelt
Clublakers Rep: Sac Kings

Postby zetaw00d on Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:46 pm

HndsmCelt wrote:I never said the Lakers did not have loyality, I said that Laker fans have no idea what loyality is aobut... big diffeence. Your the fo.ks who think that Malone bailing on the Jazz after 18 years and stnding out side the Pimples Center witha sign that reads "Will play ofr food and jewerly" shows class rather than exposing him for the mercenary he is.

Loyality!! I have been a Laker fan since 84'!!!
zetaw00d

Postby rydjorker121 on Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:49 pm

this may happen and could happen...Vlade, a first and a second round pick for Corliss Williamson. Williamson's around 30 years old, he's aging. But if the Kings trade Vlade, they'll only have Brad Miller as the only true legit center. This trade doesn't really help Detroit, and it makes teh Kings much, much worse.

The Pistons Take--Vlade has 1 year left on his contract, but in return the Pistons get a firsat and second round pick. The Pistons don't really need Vlade, so why would Joe Dumars do that. Just to get a first and second round pick? 'Sides, Detroit already has Milicic and Rebraca and Okur and Elden Campbell as legit centers, so they don't need another one by taking old Divac, unless for other reasons. The picks may prove valid, since Detroit is totally obsessed with young guys, proven by their picks of Tayshaun Prince, Carlos Delfino, Milicic, Rip Hamilton and Billups. They don't need Corliss Williamson, either, who didn't get much time in the playoffs due to the emergence of Tayshaun Prince. The former Sixth-man-of-the-year definitely won't get much playing time next year with the defensive and offenseive ability Tayshaun has, so may as well sack him. But if I were the Pistons, I would very much take Bobby Jackson instead, and throw in another guy plus Williamson. But what are the odds the Pistons are gonna do that?

The Kings take--If this trade falls, they would have traded an experienced master "flopper" vet for some hard-nosed offensive scum and defensive liability. Williamson fills the need for offensive punch off the bench for the Kings, especially since they traded half their bench away this offseason. He provides scoring in limited minutes, like Lee Nailon, and likes the post and gets to the line way too often. He's an average rebounder, too (the guy once averaged 13 points in 21 minutes with the Pistons). With the Pistons this year he averaged 12.2 points in about 25 minutes, so his scoring dropped especially since he spent more time on the bench. The worst thing about this trade is, the Kings have to give up a first and second rounder along with Divac's expiring contract. Unless the Kings are going on hte veteran movement, I see absolutely no point in doing that. Corliss may be good, but he ain't that good. It seems like the Magoofs are finally making a desperate movement to get back on top--but to no avail. They just have to hope Divac re-signs back with them come next offseason. Or else they're basically, in one word, DOOMED.

Analysis--The trade won't happen, I guarantee it. Clearly one side has the advantage (and I hope you know which one). :man4:
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby zetaw00d on Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:23 pm

Vlade would do good in the east. There are no true centers in the east and Wallace can now play PF!! Well Mouring is still questionable!!!
Last edited by zetaw00d on Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zetaw00d

Postby SWOL on Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:41 pm

VLADE WOULD BE AN EAST ALL-STAR
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby Shaq Fan on Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:46 pm

That is why, Detroit should consider this.

Shaq Fan

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:37 pm

as much as we all hate divac, he is one of the main reasons why the kings offense is so good. They run their offense thru him sometimes even when chris is out there. He is a great passing big man and fits in well with the kings system. He has great team chemistry with guys like bibby christie and stoja.

I wouldnt trade vlade if i were Sac. That would put alot of pressure on OVERRATED Brad Miller, and thus leave them with Miller Massenburg Songalia and Funderburke for the start of the season as their big men...hmm they would be in deep [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]! Corliss can prolly play a lil PF but he would be an undersized PF. And Detroit already has 4 centers, so that would be stupid to get Vlade too.
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:54 pm

why would detroit want another big man, they already have plenty. Why don't they try to work a sign and trade with Dallas for Raja Bell. That way Dallas gets a C, which they want and Sac gets a SF who can come of the bench and help
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby zetaw00d on Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:52 pm

jsm0331 wrote:why would detroit want another big man, they already have plenty. Why don't they try to work a sign and trade with Dallas for Raja Bell. That way Dallas gets a C, which they want and Sac gets a SF who can come of the bench and help

If they get Divac their line up might look like this.

C - Vlade Divac
PF - Ben Wallace
SF - Darko Milicic/Tayshaun Prince
SG - Richard Hamilton
PG - Chauncey Billups

That would be a good lineup for the pistons. This line up might be top 2 in the east!!
zetaw00d

Postby SWOL on Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:04 pm

ID MAKE THEM THE EAST FAVORITE WITH THAT SENARIO....THAT TEAM WOULD BE HELLA TALL

REBRACA
OKUR
CAMPBELL
PRINCE
MILICIC

ALL OVER 6'10......NOT METION BEN WALLACE WHO IS A BIG 6'8
SWOL

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:38 pm

"Laker Fan's dont know what loyality is"....

That's the most ignorant comment I have ever heard on here. That's a general opinion based on the assumption that all Lakers Fans are alike, which we're not. Most of us have been fans way before our 3 peat, like me. But I don't think any of us have to prove our loyalty to u.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby SWOL on Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:10 pm

its not our fault our team has been sucsessful, you dont have to root for losers, to be a real fan....look at the best baseball fans....Yankees, just because our team is sucessfull does not me we are not loyal........

the fact of the matter is Staples Center has priced all of the real fans outta the building........the forum used to be one of the loudest arenas in the NBA, when real fans could afford to go :man7:
SWOL

Re: Vlade Divac to Pistons.

Postby wonderfulkat on Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:47 pm

Shaq Fan wrote:In my local news paper there is a section(in the sports page) called NBA rumor mill, and in one of the rumors it has that in the near future Vlade Divac could be shipped to Detroit. It stated the Kings are trying to get rid of Divac's 1 year contract, because he is probably going to retire next year. And now that they have Brad Miller, he could play in the starting role. And it also said that the Kings were the ones who called Detroit, but the Pistons GM Joe Dumars is a little lienant on making a decision to bring the aging center to Detroit.

Detroit gets:

Vlade Divac>>>salarie: $12,051,510
a 1st rd pick and a 2nd rd pick

Sacramento gets:

Corlis Williamson>>>salarie(over a few years): $23,000,000

*Correct me if Im wrong but, wasn't Williamson a King a few years ago?

MY STAND POINT

If I was Sacramento I would through the bait out on that trade to, but I do not think Detroit will take it.

Yes,True Corliss did play in Sac. As for "Floppy" Divac, Vlade should retire and coach in his own Country? "The Technic of Flopping in front of D-Ref"
wonderfulkat

Return to NBA Discussion