Vote Your Lakers to the Starting Lineup for the Allstar Game

Postby guest on Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:54 pm

Oh I absolutely agree that Shaq deserves to start, no doubt. But I just wanted to address certain stupid comments made by earlier posts.

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:56 pm

I've been stuffing the voting for the all-star game. I've been in the Golden State and the Bulls game at Staples and each time a few buddies and I have been voting numerous times. You can also go to nba.com and vote every 24 hours. So everyday, I've been voting the same ballot that I will show momentarilly:

This is our picks for the Western Conference:

Forward(2 picks):

1. Karl Malone
2. Someone else that will never get a vote, since Devean George did not make it in the ballot for some stupid reason. I usually pick someone other than Amare, Duncan, or someone popular since Malone is competing for them for votes.

Guard(2 picks)

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Gary Payton

Center(1 pick)

1. Shaquille O'neal
Write in- vote(1 pick)

1. Devean George

For the Eastern Conf.....who cares. Just put whatever.

Come on guys, lets get our boys in the All-Star Game. The game is in our home floor. Let's try to get five Lakers in that game.
Last edited by Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:57 pm

Let's stuff the ballot!!!!!!! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

R U ALL Serious???

Postby ruffryder on Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:48 am

What about fans from all over the world( in this case Poland) it's a stupid idea not letting them vote coz they vote 4 Shaq and other Lakerz so it's kind of frustraiting to read such post in here like: "it's our country our sport etc." Lakers have fan around the world same as you Americans so don't underestimate them for god sake. :man2:
ruffryder

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:20 am

ruffryder wrote:What about fans from all over the world( in this case Poland) it's a stupid idea not letting them vote coz they vote 4 Shaq and other Lakerz so it's kind of frustraiting to read such post in here like: "it's our country our sport etc." Lakers have fan around the world same as you Americans so don't underestimate them for god sake.

Hey sorry, for the ignorance....we appreciate fans from outside of the states....we have many on this site and you guys are great.

What we don't want is a let down from last year.....while Shaq is in the league, he deserves to start every allstar game...that much we can agree on. We want you to do your part in getting Shaq there.....the reason we even have to worry about this is because China is so huge and they have a large fan base. Is basketball played in the US...absolutely yes....does that mean its our sport.....no way....look at all the great international players. We just think its an injustice to the game and to the city of LA to have Yao start over Shaq.....Yao is very humble and I feel even he would agree that Shaq is much more deserving then he is.

So if our members made you feel that way....I have to apologize....we didn't want it to come off that way. Do we mean every word that Shaq must start....absolutely....and its going to take a joint effort from us in the United States and our fellow international fans, like yourself to stuff the ballots to avoid what happened last year.

Does this mean that we hate other countries and believe they have no say in all of this....no. In fact, I wish we all had the same unified bravado that China had last year in bringing Yao to start. We only want whats right for the game. This great sport belongs to both of us....so I say, lets get unified and get our man Shaq to start. Lets do it CL, whether you are US or international....we can at least say that CL gave it our best shot to get the Lakers to start.

Which reminds me...I gotta go vote again...who's coming with me?
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

No problem!

Postby ruffryder on Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:09 am

I was kind of shocked and probably overreacted anyway still lovin'n lakerz and tihis page. peace! let's show them a real number of lakers fans, couple(rather a lot of them:) of guys from here were, are, will be always with lakers! So keep ya head up and fingers crossed maybe this time we'll(Shaq) make it! Now isn't it a time for another vote......... :man11:
ruffryder

heres a trick to help out our LAKERS!!

Postby vonzipper86 on Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:42 pm

Just so we make sure that those damn Chinese don't make Yao Ming the starting center and that our Fab Four makes the team.. I will share a secret w/ you LAKER fans only!
(ONLY USE THIS IF U VOTE FOR KARL, GARY, KOBE, AND SHAQ)

I've probably voted over 200 times so far for each of them..

Open your temporary internet files, delete these cookies(username veries from each comp depending on what you named your computer): cookie:username@go and cookie:username@www.nba

If you have NBA.com opened, close it and reload I.E. and NBA.com, then proceed to vote.

Then delete the cookies and start over again. (Sumtimes you get stumped and it you can't find the cookies, just go back to the All-Star ballot and make sure you get to once a day page. It will load the cookie back onto your computer and then delete it again).

GO LAKERS!!!
vonzipper86

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:40 pm

Thanks for the heads up bud.....At the end of the day, at least we can feel good that we collectively gave our best efforts to get our 4 on the allstar team. I'm pretty sure Phil and the coaching staff will get them on there one way or another, because we should have the best record in the West by the time Allstar weekend rolls around. Here are the definites....Phil will definitely be the coach of the west and Shaq and Kobe one way or another will be on the team...from there, I hope that Phil can get GP and Malone on board. I hope I didnt just jinx the Lakers just now...but I had to say it.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:50 pm

Let me ask you guys a question. Do you really want to see all four of our superstars playing in the allstar game this year? Yeah, at first I was thinking heck yeah but then I really sat down and thought about it. Last year we saw Kobe and Shaq play in the all stars. They had a lot of minutes and with Shaq having that toe injury of his it probably wasn't the best thing for him. Although I really enjoyed watching them play I would have enjoyed watching them win another championship even more. I think it would be a good thing to allow our superstars to rest during the allstar break. Who knows what could happen during the allstar game. Shaq could trip and really hurt himself. Malone could elbow (unintentionally ofcourse) someone and get suspended for another game (I'm not sure if this could happen during an allstar game but knowing David Stern it probably could). I would rather see our guys healthy and rested than overworked in a game that really means nothing. Especially since we have no idea who's going to be coaching the team.
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby Gold Brick on Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:11 pm

As I said in an Earlier Post just let the East All-Stars Play the Lakers!!
They wont win Anyways rofl.... :man9: :man9:
Gold Brick

Postby Vasashi17 on Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:42 pm

Updates of the allstar voting came in today and I'm real ecstatic on where our top 4 stand. I think we have a shot at least GP to start with Shaq and Kobe, but if we keep this up, we will guarantee that all four will be able to play in the allstar game.

As for my picks in the east, all of them are currently on pace to start. I just hope my picks in the west could be soo lucky. But in all likely hood, Duncan and KG will start all with Kobe and Shaq and hopefully GP. If not GP looks like he could back up Francis, but Malone will be the first one off the bench for the forwards. Phil could even play favorites and play our big 4 at the same time....but if we keep voting the way we do....this will all become a reality soon. Can't wait!
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby ZenMaster4President on Fri Dec 12, 2003 7:31 am

#1_Kobe_fan wrote:IF you guys think SHAQ will get the STARTING SPOT in the WEST you are kidding yourselves!!!!!
Are you forgetting that internation votes counts!!! and YAO MING has 4 BILLION chinese people ready to vote for him .... not to mention the city of HOUSTON!!!

They should do away with the international votes!!!

it sucks because LOS ANGELES gets to host the allstar game and SHAQ will be warming YAO's seat on the bench!!!!
:mad1:

4 billion chinese?!!
Since when?
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
ZenMaster4President

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sat Dec 13, 2003 6:50 pm

ummmm lets see... 2 billion 4 years ago... mulitplied that 2 billion by 4(years) and the plus and minus deaths due to natural/tragic causes ..... I say roughly around 4 billion.... or bettter yet... go buy a FORBES magazine.. you'll find out there.....
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby JSM on Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:21 pm

keep voting guys, now that Marbury is in the East, Payton has a good shot of starting in the West
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby BDG on Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:39 pm

Yeah, that's great news now
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Guest on Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:06 pm

[quote="#1_Kobe_fan"][b]there is approx. 400 million americans in the US. We would have to have make every single person in the USA to cast a vote 8 times!!!!!

not all 4 million people in america will vote for shaq too. so make it 20.

Postby JSM on Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:31 pm

keep voting everyone.

You can only for for 10 more days
JSM

Postby señorita on Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:56 am

m0re0fmatt wrote:here's a trick to help out our fellow lakers and shaq from having his spot taken by 4 billion chinese:

Open your temporary internet files and delete two cookies(they are both linked to all-star voting): cookie:username@www.nba and cookie:username@go

then just close the nba site and reload it so you can vote over and over again!

hey! it really does work! im gonna do this! hehe! :jam2: thanx! it may be considered cheating.. but im gonna do this anyways... :man11:
señorita

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:48 am

west : c-shaq, pf-malone, sf-kg, sg-kobe, pg-gary p.
east : c-ben wallace, pf-j. o'neal, sf-vinsanity, sg-t-mac, pg-baron davis.
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby ShaqAttaq on Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:02 am

West
Shaq
Mailman
KG
Kobe
GP

East
Big Ben
Pip
VC
T-Mac
AI
Shaquille O'Neal: "Me shooting 40 percent at the foul line is just God's way of
saying nobody's perfect."
ShaqAttaq

Postby JSM on Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:02 am

The starting line ups for the All Star game will be announced on TNT on Thursday, January 29
JSM

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion