Vote Your Lakers to the Starting Lineup for the Allstar Game

Vote Your Lakers to the Starting Lineup for the Allstar Game

Postby Vasashi17 on Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:24 pm

We already get to experience 4 allstars 41 times at Staples Center....lets make it 5 allstars (preferably KG joining them at SF) 42 times at Staples Center....the Allstar game is in LA this year and we gotta represent this lineup

PG Payton
SG Kobe
SF Your choice (my choice -> KG)
PF Malone
C Shaq

So get voting NOW so that all our votes count in bringing this starting lineup on Allstar night.....You are limited to one vote per day (every 24 hours) at NBA.com (link provided below) so lets get on it people and this way we honestly know that CL gave its entire effort to get this starting lineup together....lets make history by having 4 Laker starters....and how better to do that by featuring this lineup globally, in our own house....see you at the polls.....EVERYDAY, till the polls close.

Vote here NOW...and then every 24 hours there after ---> Allstar Ballot

*Mods if you could...please sticky this topic...thanks! Let's get to work CL!!!!
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby BDG on Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:25 pm

This is already posted, but we probably should have one topic here.

VOTE FOR THE LAKERS!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:11 pm

Get voting everyone... Even though I thought our lineup was a All-Star lineup each and every night :man12:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersChamps04 on Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:03 am

I just got done voting
WEST
C Shaq
PF Malone
SF Garnett
SG Bryant
PG Paytong

EAST
C Curry
PF O'Neal
SF Carter
SG TMac
PG Arenas but shouldve done Iverson
LakersChamps04

Postby Vasashi17 on Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:48 pm

Well make sure you keep voting LC04 and that goes for the rest of you guys at CL as well....

My western starters look just like yours LC04, but who's Paytong :man12:

My eastern starters went like this:

PG AI
SG T-Mac
SF Vinsanity
PF The other O'Neal
C Big Ben

The first three guys of my eastern picks, will be crazy to watch....all athletic and will put on a crazy show.

I just hope Shaq starts over Yao this year....that Chinese voting last year was a freakin joke....I hope the Commish corrected this
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:44 pm

I'll keep voting!

Remember, your vote counts! :man12:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby smilez on Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:09 pm

i voted for some of the exact players you guys voted. Funny. I even voted twice so they could get more votes.
smilez

Postby Guest on Thu Nov 20, 2003 6:13 pm

I'm gonna be so pissed if Yao beats Shaq again. They should not let China even vote, it's not fair. Realistically it's not gonna be all Lakers.

West
C: Shaq
PF: Duncan
SF: Stojakavic
SG: Kobe
PG: Payton

Garnett
Nowitzki
Marbury
Brand
Yao
Webber
Maggatte
Marion

Coach: Phil Jackson

Francis, Nash, Wallace, Malone, Amare, Q Rich, Van Exel, Bibby, Lewis, Finley, Jamison will be left off the list this year. Either because they're not playing as good this year or the Clippers players have really stepped it up aswell as Stojakovic.

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:58 pm

IF you guys think SHAQ will get the STARTING SPOT in the WEST you are kidding yourselves!!!!!
Are you forgetting that internation votes counts!!! and YAO MING has 4 BILLION chinese people ready to vote for him .... not to mention the city of HOUSTON!!!

They should do away with the international votes!!!

it sucks because LOS ANGELES gets to host the allstar game and SHAQ will be warming YAO's seat on the bench!!!!
:mad1:
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Vasashi17 on Sat Nov 22, 2003 4:17 am

That is why we have to really do our part and vote everyday....who knows it might just work against 4 billion dedicated Chinese....it doesn't hurt to try...it only takes like a minute or two to fill out the poll....Lets try to represent in our own City...I'm positive we can have a significant dent in the final polls if we just stay consistent and dedicated to voting once everyday.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Guest on Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:04 am

We should get Africa to post to make it fair.

Billions of chinese people who are inventing our computers are voting for Yao. It will be a complete shame if he get's the spot over Shaq.

Postby BDG on Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:14 am

Hey at least Kobe won't get boo'd if he wins MVP this year.. :man1: :man10:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Guest on Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:22 am

Good point.

I wan't some home cookin. Phil as head coach with Dunleavy as assistant.

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sat Nov 22, 2003 3:48 pm

there is approx. 400 million americans in the US. We would have to have make every single person in the USA to cast a vote 8 times!!!!!
Now... lets hope it works... or better yet lets hope DAVID STERN just fixes the balloting. ... you know.. for every SHAQ vote lets count it 5.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby BDG on Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:50 pm

#1_Kobe_fan wrote:there is approx. 400 million americans in the US. We would have to have make every single person in the USA to cast a vote 8 times!!!!!
More than that. Chinese people will vote more than once.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Guest on Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:09 pm

4 Billion people in China. 2 Billion in the rest of the world. Shaq does not have a shot to start at center. Other countires then the U.S should only be able to vote once.

Before you know it Yao, Wang ZhiZhi, and Batteer from the Raptors will all be the leading vote getters for starting at center in the All Star game.

Postby LAKERNATION on Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:10 pm

#1_Kobe_fan wrote:IF you guys think SHAQ will get the STARTING SPOT in the WEST you are kidding yourselves!!!!!
Are you forgetting that internation votes counts!!! and YAO MING has 4 BILLION chinese people ready to vote for him .... not to mention the city of HOUSTON!!!

They should do away with the international votes!!!

it sucks because LOS ANGELES gets to host the allstar game and SHAQ will be warming YAO's seat on the bench!!!!
:mad1:

THAT'S FINE BY ME---I'M SURE SHAQ WILL NEED THE REST & THE OUTCOME OF THIS GAME DOESNT MEAN SQUAT!!
PURPLE & GOLD FOREVER
LAKERNATION

Postby LAKERNATION on Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:15 pm

Posto wrote:4 Billion people in China. 2 Billion in the rest of the world. Shaq does not have a shot to start at center. Other countires then the U.S should only be able to vote once.

Before you know it Yao, Wang ZhiZhi, and Batteer from the Raptors will all be the leading vote getters for starting at center in the All Star game.

LET 'EM FREAKING VOTE 10 TIMES IF THEY WANT!!

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE BLING & NOBODY CAN VOTE THAT TO YOU!!

I'M NOT SAYING DONT ENJOY THE PAGEANTRY & OFFENSIVE SPECTACLE OF THE WHOLE THING, BUT EVERYONE KNOWS THE ALL-STAR GAME IS A GLORIFIED EXHIBITION GAME BASED ON A POPULARITY CONTEST!!
PURPLE & GOLD FOREVER
LAKERNATION

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:14 pm

they should only count the votes cast in the U.S.A. and disregard the other countries votes. The Ball-players are playing the USA and not in a foreign country therefore Americans should determine who shall start in the allstar game. As much as David Stern would like to make basketball global... he is forgetting about the american votes. If we continue to have foreign votes determin the starters of the allstar game... in the near future we will have a bunch of third rate players playing in the allstar game because they were voted in by foreign countries. This is just my take...nothing personal.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby BDG on Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:29 pm

That is a good point... it's our sport, our country-- shouldn't we be the only ones to vote for it?

BDG
Retired Admin

Re: Vote Your Lakers to the Starting Lineup for the Allstar

Postby LAKERNATION on Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:14 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:We already get to experience 4 allstars 41 times at Staples Center....lets make it 5 allstars (preferably KG joining them at SF) 42 times at Staples Center....the Allstar game is in LA this year and we gotta represent this lineup

PG Payton
SG Kobe
SF Your choice (my choice -> KG)
PF Malone
C Shaq

So get voting NOW so that all our votes count in bringing this starting lineup on Allstar night.....You are limited to one vote per day (every 24 hours) at NBA.com (link provided below) so lets get on it people and this way we honestly know that CL gave its entire effort to get this starting lineup together....lets make history by having 4 Laker starters....and how better to do that by featuring this lineup globally, in our own house....see you at the polls.....EVERYDAY, till the polls close.

Vote here NOW...and then every 24 hours there after ---> Allstar Ballot

*Mods if you could...please sticky this topic...thanks! Let's get to work CL!!!!

I WILL BE VOTING FOR ALL 4 OF OUR HOF GUYS TO START AS ALL-STARS, BUT JUST LIKE TO KEEP THE WHOLE THING IN PERSPECTIVE BY REMEMBERING THAT THEY ARE THE ONLY ALL-STAR TEAM ELIGIBLE TO WIN A RING!! :jam2:
PURPLE & GOLD FOREVER
LAKERNATION

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Nov 28, 2003 1:44 pm

Keep voting guys! Remember, every vote counts :pipe:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LAKERNATION on Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:38 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Keep voting guys! Remember, every vote counts :pipe:

we could take a page out of the playbook of old mayor daley of chicago. he was mayor for a LONG TIME+was the dude who first used the tactic of coming up with votes from people who had been dead for years!! he was also the one who came up with the quote VOTE EARLY & VOTE OFTEN

OF COURSE IN ALL-STAR VOTE IT'S NOT REALLY CHEATING (LIKE IT WAS FOR HIM).
PURPLE & GOLD FOREVER
LAKERNATION

get real

Postby guest on Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:20 am

People,
China may be the most populous country in the world but it's not a developed country, which means that not too many have access to computers, let alone the internet, let alone logging on to nba.com and voting. Obviously, they still have enough manpower to vote Yao Ming as the starter, as was the case last year. The NBA is going global, you should be thankful because this would mean more revenue for the NBA - translates: better arenas, more media hype - bigger rivalries, etc.
Now, only America and no country should vote? Be ashamed at yourself. Don't go back to the - "these people are not allowed to ride the bus" statements

Re: get real

Postby Vasashi17 on Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:37 pm

guest wrote:People,
China may be the most populous country in the world but it's not a developed country, which means that not too many have access to computers, let alone the internet, let alone logging on to nba.com and voting. Obviously, they still have enough manpower to vote Yao Ming as the starter, as was the case last year. The NBA is going global, you should be thankful because this would mean more revenue for the NBA - translates: better arenas, more media hype - bigger rivalries, etc.
Now, only America and no country should vote? Be ashamed at yourself. Don't go back to the - "these people are not allowed to ride the bus" statements

Hey I agree with what you are saying....but it is a freakin travesty to have Ming start over the Daddy.....especially with the way the Big Guy is playing these days. I feel that everybody has the right to vote...but the American audience deserves to have what they want to watch....China no doubt watches the allstar game via satellite, but there are American fans in the stands at Staple Center in the United States of America that want to see Shaq over Yao. The NBA should correct what happened from last year. Shaq no doubt had a rougher year last year and people could have argued that Yao started the season and played more games than Shaq and that is why he should start....but this is a new year and Shaq looks very good.....definitely Allstar Starter good. We definitely should vote to make sure that the Yao over Shaq thing, doesnt happen again this year. The Big Fella has every right to start for the allstar team. He should host the allstar game and you can't host the thing from the bench. He deserves it and it wouldn't be right for the most dominant man in the game not to start in his own builiding in his own city.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Next

Return to NBA Discussion