Wade's ex-wife arrested for attempted kidnapping

Wade's ex-wife arrested for attempted kidnapping

Postby Basketball Fan on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:05 pm

http://www.tmz.com/2012/06/19/dwyane-wa ... -mug-shot/

Dwyane Wade's Ex-Wife
Mug Shot After
Child Abduction Arrest

Exclusive Mug Shot

TMZ has obtained the mug shot taken by Dwyane Wade's ex-wife ... moments after she was arrested this weekend for allegedly attempting to abduct the former couple's two children.

A rep for the Cook County Sheriff's Office released a statement saying, "Siohvaughn Funches-Wade was charged with two counts of attempted child abduction, two counts of unlawful visitation interference and one count of resisting arrest."

Funches-Wade's bond was set at $10,000 ... which she posted. She's set to appear in court again in August.

Wade -- who's currently in the middle of the NBA Finals -- has been at war with his ex ever since they divorced back in 2010. Wade was awarded primary custody of their two boys ... and Siohvaughn has visitation rights ... but she's clearly not happy with the current arrangement.

The financial details of their divorce are not yet finalized -- and in recent court docs, Wade said his ex has been using the children as "the proverbial pawns in this contentious dissolution of marriage action."

Wade wants the judge to suspend Siohvaughn's visitation rights because of the incident that led to her arrest.

Wade and the Miami Heat are set to square off against the Oklahoma City Thunder in just a few hours.
Basketball Fan

Re: Wade's ex-wife arrested for attempted kidnapping

Postby abeer3 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:17 pm

lol, yes, i'm sure wade said these exact words: "the proverbial pawns in this contentious dissolution of marriage action."

after that, he put on his tweed jacket with leather elbow patches and started packing his pipe tobacco.
abeer3

Postby Lakeshow24 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:48 pm

abeer3 wrote:lol, yes, i'm sure wade said these exact words: "the proverbial pawns in this contentious dissolution of marriage action."

Well, unless the newspaper is LYING he did say those exact words.
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby MadMax on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:07 pm

Lakeshow24 wrote:
abeer3 wrote:lol, yes, i'm sure wade said these exact words: "the proverbial pawns in this contentious dissolution of marriage action."

Well, unless the newspaper is LYING he did say those exact words.

reading from a written statement by his lawyers I assume.
MadMax

Postby abeer3 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:13 pm

i'm guessing not even that. a statement written and released by his lawyer with his blessing. dude's dumb as a stump.
abeer3

Postby The Original 81 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:50 pm

abeer you REALLY dislike Wade as do I, and I love every one of your posts concerning him. :man10:
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby Basketball Fan on Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:57 pm

Basketball star Dwyane Wade’s ex-wife has filed a federal lawsuit against her ex-husband’s divorce attorney and Dolton Police, alleging they framed her for child abduction.

Siohvaughn Funches-Wade — who behaved increasingly erratically while losing a bitter and widely publicized child custody battle to the Miami Heat guard last year — claims in the lawsuit she was “violently attacked” by Dolton cops at her south suburban home in June 2012.

She says Dwyane Wade’s attorney James Pritikin “conspired” with Dolton officers and Wade’s pal, New Lenox mayor Tim Balderman to have her falsely arrested for child abduction for failing to turn over her kids to her ex as directed by a judge.

Though the charges were later dropped, Pritikin at the time used the incident to argue that Dwyane Wade should be given full-time custody of the couple’s two young sons.

Funches-Wade, who is acting as her own attorney, says she suffered a torn rotator cuff, asthma attack and a panic attack due to her rough treatment during the arrest.

The lawsuit, which seeks unspecified damages in excess of $50,000, isn’t the first Funches-Wade has filed in recent months.

In December she launched a separate suit against Dwyane Wade in the Cook County Circuit Court, alleging her high school sweetheart, who she grew up with in south suburban Robbins, was physically abusive to her during their marriage.

And after rattling through a dozen attorneys during her long court battles with her ex, Funches-Wade last July staged a sit-down protest outside the Daley Center, holding a large handwritten sign with the words “NBA Miami Heat star, mother of his children on the streets.”

The basketball star was ordered to pay her $5 million and give her their former mansion in South Holland and four cars part of their divorce settlement last year.

Pritikin and Balderman did not return calls seeking comment Tuesday afternoon.

Wade’s Heat lost the NBA Finals in five games on Sunday.

Contributing: Frank Main

http://www.suntimes.com/28140576-761...l#.U6DADY1dV3c
Basketball Fan

Postby JSM on Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:32 pm

What'd she try to steal? His talent? If so, she succeeded.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Barnstable on Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:05 pm

JSM wrote:What'd she try to steal? His talent? If so, she succeeded.

Apparently she stole his youth as well
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:38 pm

Barnstable wrote:

and his "special" vitamins that he had to take with a syringe
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby jlkr on Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:08 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Barnstable wrote:

and his "special" vitamins that he had to take with a syringe

Can't teach crazy
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby trodgers on Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:55 am

after that, he put on his tweed jacket with leather elbow patches and started packing his pipe tobacco.

EruditeDwyaneWade wrote:It is, quite frankly, inconceivable that one doubt my veracity.

Spoiler:
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:06 pm

WTF ^^^ Love the pocket scarf. Veerrry stylish outfit. :bow: :man10:
LTLakerFan

Return to NBA Discussion