Wallace to the Mavs?

Wallace to the Mavs?

Postby Shaq Fan on Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:50 am

More Rumors about Sheed going to the big D- have cirrulated again this time I heard this:

Mavs get:

Wallace
Davis

Blazers get:

Jamison
Best
Fortson

Can anyone tell me if there is any truth to this?

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby JSM on Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:00 am

There have been Sheed to NY and Dallas rumors this whole year, I wouldn't think anything of this new one yet.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:49 pm

well i kinda hope this happens...Jamison deserves to start...and he would be a starter up in Portland playin alongside a great power forward in Randolph...

And in Dallas, they would have Wallace Walker and Nowitzki startin at tha 3 4 and 5 spots...
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:05 pm

rumors about this have picked up a lot, take a look at these 2 stories:

NY Post: The Knicks' new boss was attempting to make Rasheed Wallace a Knick, but talks with Portland broke down yesterday and the Blazers' bad-boy power forward appeared headed to Dallas as part of a package for Antawn Jamison, sources said.

here's an interesting theory:

Daily Herald: Portland (16-18) played without second-leading scorer Rasheed Wallace, who was officially out with a sprained right ankle. There were rumors that Wallace was actually sitting out because he was about to be traded, but nothing was announced Friday.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby rydjorker121 on Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:39 pm

yes, Wallace seems to be the subject of much trade bait...but his contract runs out after this season so it might be wrong if the team that had him doesn't re-sign him this summer...unless they don't want him that is...I don't even know why Mark Cuban wants to take up a bad-boy, yes another prolithic scorer and three-point shooter? Defensively, Wallace is over par with his long arms and his shooting touch is as high as a needle, but if anything Nelson should persuade Wallace to play in the post more if the Mavs get him...as ShaqFan listed in that trade it seems like Portland is actually getting the advantage...they get rid of their expiring contract and they get a heavy deuce rebounder and thug, a nice point guard and a scorer in Antawn Jamison.Plus, no more bad boys. Dallas still needs a better defender and post player even after this trade.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Guest on Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:02 pm

Why the hell would you wan't Rasheed Wallace and Dale Davis on the Mavs? That would make them incredible, and all they're really losing is a great bench player.

They're definetly better then us if they pull that out.

Postby Roscoe on Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:45 pm

The trade might be:

Rasheed Wallace
Ruben Patterson

for

Antawn Jamison
Tony Delk

"Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby lakerfanimal on Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:52 pm

knicks r cool, u kno how good theyd have it to trade for rasheed, seriously imagine it. Ther salary problem wudn be so bad, cus theyd have his services till his contracts out... which is the end of this year, n if they trade for him, i bet u that portland wud love an allan houston or van horn type player, specially cus theyd clean up the dirty rep up in portland
ImageImage
lakerfanimal

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:38 am

Portland would get tha best of tha trade if Dallas gets Rasheed and Ruben...i dont think portland is trading Davis...Portland can build around Randolph and Jamison for their future...tha next guy they gotta get rid of is STOUDEMIRE and their future will be set
FabFourLakers

Return to NBA Discussion