Walton and Tolbert to be fired by ABC!!?

Walton and Tolbert to be fired by ABC!!?

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Jun 29, 2003 7:12 pm

ABC's to-do list for Year 2 of NBA coverage includes replacing Bill Walton-Tom Tolbert with Doug Collins, increasing weekend exposures and reviving 9 p.m. ET playoff tipoffs. Because ...

Article Here - http://www.sportingnews.com/voices/fritz_quindt/20030625.html

All I have to say is it's not their faults the finals was so... well... boring. It's the teams. This is odd, what are your guys thoughts?
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LeXiCoN on Sun Jun 29, 2003 7:25 pm

that kinda sucks...they werent all that bad...walton was funny when he made fun of the teams and players...except when he made fun of the lakers...whenver he did..

but now where will he go....i want him to do our games kuz he has to be nice to us now (luke)

yea hope that doesnt happen...doug collins isnt anything special

yes and the teams sucked anus this year....

boo spurs

-Lexicon
LeXiCoN

:

Postby JSM on Sun Jun 29, 2003 7:26 pm

hopefully abc will come in with better personnel next year, because I could not stand either of these guys. They were so boring, not to mention bill's stupid sayings. I would love to see them somehow bring in the tnt cast, because they are a lot better and much livelier, I would much rather watch a game on tnt with barkley, earnie, and kenny any day than one on abc with tolbert and walton; but I highly doubt abc would ever get them because then they couldn't be on tnt anymore and it's not abc's style. Barkley is too outspoken for abc. I wish they would just go back to tnt and nbc, the tnt cast was also a lot better at the draft coverage. Does anyone know why tolbert was helping cover the draft, he's an idiot, he shouldn't be covering the nba draft, the crowd hated him. He got booed and the crowd was chanted fire tolbert. The rating since it went to abc and espn have been a lot worse, most of the playoffs were on espn (dumb move), I expect that will change this coming season.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

:

Postby JSM on Sun Jun 29, 2003 7:28 pm

the only good thing that could have come with walton staying with them was the possibility of more laker games getting covered since his son plays for them, but oh well
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Coppertop on Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:17 am

I don't care if they replace Tolbert, the dude should be strickly in the studio, his game time commentary is too obvious, ie. "That was a good shot by Pippen..." Love him or hate him, Bill Walton is at least controversial, truly knows the game, etc. I can't see the reasoning behind putting Collins in with whoever their top play-by-play dude is. Let's compromise with a Walton/Collins/Marv or whoever team, but please, not just Doug.
Coppertop

Postby BDG on Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:15 am

doug collins hates the Lakers. bill walton is a joke. tom tolbert is an idiot. get rid of them all. bring stu to national tv! and get the nba on nbc theme back. that was the best part of watching national games. hire anyone but bob costas.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LeXiCoN on Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:02 am

BryantDunkGiant wrote:doug collins hates the Lakers. bill walton is a joke. tom tolbert is an idiot. get rid of them all. bring stu to national tv! and get the nba on nbc theme back. that was the best part of watching national games. hire anyone but bob costas.

thats tru on so many levels....i agree 100%
LeXiCoN

Postby ZenMaster on Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:28 am

Agreed LD2K...it was mostly the teams' lack of offensive output (which, ironically, was pretty offensive in itself...ha ha) that produced these low ratings...tho' the commentary at times WAS pretty bad. Personally I too miss the NBC theme, Steve 'Snapper' Jones and Marv Albert..."YES! And it counts..." And at least they knew how to put Walton in his place, it was pretty funny, actually. Ah, the good 'ol days... (sniff sniff) :man6:
ZenMaster

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:13 am

Now we don't gotta put up with Walton's dumb [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] catch phrase anymore. I hated listening to them argue all the dayam tyme... I never liked them, cuz they'd boast over the winning team. They always thought they knew what they talked about. I don't even know why the NBA got rid of the NBA on NBC.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Neumatics on Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:31 am

I can't stand Matt Geiger. I know he is trying to say his name is Tom Tolbert, but he doesn't have me fooled. I know that he is really Matt Geiger. I think he's a moron. I wish they would hire Bob Costas and Doug Collins to do the games.
Neumatics

Postby Lakers4Ever on Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:04 pm

I just hate them both... PERIOD! I miss hearing Marv Albert commentating on awesome plays... Remember this: " Awe!! A spectacular move by Michael Jordan!!" All that enthusiasm just makes the game a whole lot more exciting to watch.
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby MagicToKobe on Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:01 pm

YEAH THEY SUCK...BRING ON BARKLEY, THE JETT, AND ERNIE.....THEY ARE THE BEST!!!!
Everyday is a challenge that eventually leads to victory!!!!!
MagicToKobe

Return to NBA Discussion