Warning from KG bit him in the rear

Warning from KG bit him in the rear

Postby LakersChamps04 on Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:00 pm

http://www.startribune.com/stories/511/4643136.html

"This is a message, not just to Dallas but to whoever watched the game and whoever anticipates playing us," "We're a hungry team. When we're on our P's and Q's like we were tonight, you're in trouble."

Kinda funny how after those comments...the T-Pups have lost 2 straight...God...I wanna see wat T-Wolves Rule has to say...haha!
Last edited by LakersChamps04 on Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LakersChamps04

Postby murcielago62 on Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:01 pm

don't curse in the title...
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby SWOL on Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:24 pm

HE DID THE SAME THING IN THE PLAYOFFS LAST YEAR

SHUT YOUR FACE PLAY BALL KG
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:35 pm

swolswol wrote:HE DID THE SAME THING IN THE PLAYOFFS LAST YEAR

SHUT YOUR FACE PLAY BALL KG

same goes for lakers! No more drama! :mad1:
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby shaqpak34 on Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:44 pm

no its just funny when somebody says something and guarantee they will win and they end up losing

thats just hilarious, like tmac and the magic

that proves their immaturity, but if they DO back up their statements, they will be cosniudered great
shaqpak34

Postby Guest on Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:45 pm

1. KG pumping up his team, and giving his team incentive to play hard. That's all that is ... Shaq and Kobe have done the same thing a dozen times. You're reading way too much into it.

2. KG said nothing about beating anyone. Stop reading into it what you want to see.

and

3. KG said no such thing last year. It's a misrepresentation to say they are the same.

Postby Snakell Beast on Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:54 am

KG did not directly say anything about a guaranteed win against us last year, but he was overly confident about the T-Wolves chances in the press conferences and they lose 3 straight...it is rather humorous I think...and I do think that the reason his sad attempt at leadership

"KG pumping up his team, and giving his team incentive to play hard."

has not reflected well with his teammates, because he is not a legitimate leader, so any attempts are going to come off to his mates as a grab for attention, and it may or may not have been that, it just shows you how much control KG has over this team, which is to say NONE...

And don't tell us not to read in, as you said...

"Shaq and Kobe have done the same thing a dozen times"

and every time they have, its how selfish and rude they are to their teammates, or about how they are always trying to steal the attention from the team to themselves, or how they are trying to sublimate {def. To modify the natural expression of} Phil's authority. Double standard special today is a dish of hot crow...pucker up KG...and his leagues of fans
Last edited by Snakell Beast on Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Snakell Beast

Postby DNP on Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:36 am

it's not pumping up his team, rather i see kg celebrating too early when a game is not even done yet.
DNP

Postby Kobe's Empire on Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:46 am

lolll, looks like little ol' reserved focused concentrated KG came out of his shell. too bad KG...u were my 13th favorite player in the league after everyone on the lakers.....its a shame that ull probably get eliminated by Hollywood again.
Kobe's Empire

Postby KoToTheB on Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:47 am

T-Wolves rule wrote

1. KG pumping up his team, and giving his team incentive to play hard. That's all that is

KG is quite the motivator, he couldnt motivate his team to play hard enough to beat the Celtics. he also motivated them to get to the playoffs 7 straight years, that is somewhat of an accomplishment. Kg is a first rate, FIRST ROUND motivator. Proud of ya KG!

Shaq and Kobe have done the same thing a dozen times. You're reading way too much into it.

i have never seen Kobe or Shaq guarantee victory before a game. They make their statements on the court, with 3 rings to prove it.
KoToTheB

Postby Guest on Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:08 pm

Come on ... you all know that Kobe and Shaq have said much the same thing in the past.

And honestly, they used to say such things even before they were winning championships.

KG is just trying out new ways to motivate his teammates ... which quite frankly is a good thing, because in the past KG hasn't been much of a vocal leader on the team.

So I'm glad to see him making the effort to get out there and lead. Somebody needs to, and I can't think of anyone better to lead our team into the playoffs.

Postby K-O-punch on Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:28 pm

KG is more and more becoming more like T-Mac.

maybe all that frustration of not getting out of the first round has take a toll on his mental capabilities. :man10:
K-O-punch

Postby LakersChamps04 on Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:14 pm

You're right T-Wolves Rule....Kobe and Shaq have said such things....but the only difference is that they backed it up and won the games they guaranteed victory for.
LakersChamps04

Postby K-O-punch on Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:18 pm

The Classic "We're gonna come to Philly, and rip your hearts off!!!"
K-O-punch

Postby lakerster78 on Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:47 pm

He might not have directly said anything about guaranteeing playoff victory, but I do recall him running his finger accross his throat and mouthing, "It's over, it's over."

And yes, I'm sure everyone has done that as an attempt to motivate their team, but it often comes back and embarasses them, coming off as over confident.

Look at Matt Hasselbeck in the NFL playoffs this year, that was just too funny...
lakerster78

Postby LaKrushGruv on Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:24 pm

T-Wolves Rule wrote:Come on ... you all know that Kobe and Shaq have said much the same thing in the past.

And honestly, they used to say such things even before they were winning championships.

KG is just trying out new ways to motivate his teammates ... which quite frankly is a good thing, because in the past KG hasn't been much of a vocal leader on the team.

So I'm glad to see him making the effort to get out there and lead. Somebody needs to, and I can't think of anyone better to lead our team into the playoffs.

Ahhh...funny on how his tone changes when he trips up....

that's all nice and cute about the T-Pups...but this is a LAKERS forum...let's keep it that way...
LaKrushGruv

Postby Kobe's Empire on Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:05 pm

lol to the post above.....but let us welcome fans from other teams that are rational. t wolves fan isnt so rational, he is extremely bias towards his team and cannot see any other view from any other angle and fails to give props where diserved. its ok, id be going nuts too if my beloved team gets crushed out of the 1st round year after year. twolves fan...i like garnett and his intensity bigtime, and i do think he a superstar, but hes not clutch at all....and im my mind....the only thing that really matters is clutch, where games are won and legends are made....ei...KOBE BRYANT. no one is as clutch right now, no one even comes close.
Kobe's Empire

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:16 pm

"lol to the post above.....but let us welcome fans from other teams that are rational. t wolves fan isnt so rational, he is extremely bias towards his team and cannot see any other view from any other angle and fails to give props where diserved."

I don't know about that, my man. TWR may not have popular opinions on here, I've disagreed a lot with him myself, but he is at least always rational. I would never say he is overly biased, if anything he is a bit modest because he isn't sure if his team will wind up out in the first round again, which is possible although not likely...he doesn't want to jinx the team...I agree T-Wolves Rule...Garnett may not have a history of being a great leader, but you gotta start somewhere so I applaud the effort. He needs to remember that in the face of defeats though, he should maintain his new demeanor because the last thing a new leader can do is fade out of the picture, he needs to stay on top of things and continue to try to motivate his players by saying things and doing things that force them to live up to his expectations...like Phil does...and Kobe...and Shaq...but the hard thing about that is you will be blamed and called selfish sometimes...but its worth it in the end if you can get your guys on your side enough to win a ring...that is when it all comes together, and maybe it will be his time soon, but I think he'll need a few seasons to develop as a leader, but the signs that he wants to grow into that role are starting to show a little bit, so maybe he's finally ready for the second round at least...
Snakell Beast

Postby KoToTheB on Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:16 pm

Snakell Beast wrote with regards to T-Wolves Rule

would never say he is overly biased, if anything he is a bit modest because he isn't sure if his team will wind up out in the first round again, which is possible although not likely...he doesn't want to jinx the team

Maybe you havent seen his signature. Hes already claiming the T-Pups 2004 champions, hes already given Kg the MVP since the first day he joined this site. Hes also claimed Sam Cassell to the best PG in the league. LOL. He continues to believe that an unproven center playing PF is better than a 3 time NBA champion and continuously proven leader and arguably the best player in the NBA over the past 4 seasons.

Hes bashed Payton saying hes the most average PG in the West, and the worst playoff PG of the 8, which is laughable.

He dissed Malone, calling him classless, which is maybe one of the most uninformed statements i have ever heard. Completely disregarding countless years of dedicated service to the community, and all Malone has done for SLC and the entire Utah organization.

He continually disses Kobe, giving him no respect, saying that without Shaq he is nothing special, and questioning his leadership, called him selfish, when Kobe has nothing to prove to anyone after all hes done for the Lakers and the NBA over the past few years.

He also refuses to acknowledge the previous accomplishments of this great franchise, claiming they have no bearing on today, "quit living in the past", when what happened in the past clearly does affect the present day. You think all the things the Lakers, Shaq, and Kobe have done in the past, time and time again proving they have what it takes, dsoesnt affect the game today?

T-Wolves Rule continues to come on a Laker board and has stated nothing but while maybe semi-intelligent, and mostly rational, but incredibly biased opinions. he considers the Lakers the 5th best team in the West, do you think honestly that the rest of the league isnt scared of the Lakers? The rest of the league knows how scary we are, the analysts know when were back healthy the title goes through LA.

his continous bashing continues to prove how biased he is. I'll admit, getting to the playoffs 7 years in a row is quite a feat but i cant understand how you can grow a pair big enough to come in here and talk trash with nothing accomplished and all that the Lakers have accomplished.

i consider all TWR's posts nothing but biased wishful thinking. I just cant wait till the playoffs, i hope the lowly unproven Wolves get out of the 1st round and match up with the Lake Show because while it may be a good series, i cannot see them beating the Lakers ina 7 game series, and then we wont see a trace of TWR, i guarantee.

TIMBBBBERRRRRRRR.............
KoToTheB

Re: Warning from KG bit him in the rear

Postby LAKERNATION on Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:48 pm

LakersChamps04 wrote:http://www.startribune.com/stories/511/4643136.html

"This is a message, not just to Dallas but to whoever watched the game and whoever anticipates playing us," "We're a hungry team. When we're on our P's and Q's like we were tonight, you're in trouble."

Kinda funny how after those comments...the T-Pups have lost 2 straight...God...I wanna see wat T-Wolves Rule has to say...haha!

KEVIN "BIG TALK" GARNETT IS FAMOUS FOR LETTING HIS MOUTH WRITE CHECKS THAT HIS A** CAN'T CASH :man2:

DON'T FORGET HOW HE RAN HIS ROOKIE MOUTH WHEN THE TIMBERRRRRRRRR-WOLVES HAD A 2-1 GAME LEAD IN 2003 PLAYOFFS vs LAKERS & LOST THE NEXT 3, AFTER KOBE CALLED HIM OUT FOR HIS "BIG TALK"..THAT'S HOW HE GOT HIS NICKNAME!! ALL HE DID WAS FIRE UP THE LAKER VETERANS & PROVE CONCLUSIVELY THAT ALTHO HE'S A VETERAN IN THE REGULAR SEASON, KG IS STILL JUST A ROOKIE IN THE PLAYOFFS!! :scurred:
PURPLE & GOLD FOREVER
LAKERNATION

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:51 pm

Alot will be clearer this Friday when both teams face eachother (LAL @ MIN).

Goto gameday and let's get predicting CL.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LAKERNATION on Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:54 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Alot will be clearer this Friday when both teams face eachother (LAL @ MIN).

Goto gameday and let's get predicting CL.

AND EVEN CLEARER IN THE PLAYOFFS, CAUSE IF WE DONT GET TO ELIMINATE THE WOLVES THIS YEAR, THEY STILL HAVE 7 GAMES TO CHOKE AWAY THE 1ST ROUND AGAIN TO SOMEBODY ELSE!! :scurred:
PURPLE & GOLD FOREVER
LAKERNATION

Postby LakersChamps04 on Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:37 am

WOW,,,,,,1-3 since KG's warning......Keep it up T-Wolves!!
LakersChamps04

Return to NBA Discussion