WCF: SAS-MEM

Re: WCF: SAS-MEM

Postby XXIV on Mon May 27, 2013 11:33 pm

jlkr wrote:
Rooscooter wrote:Wade's injury makes things a little better fot the Spurs. The thing that doesn't bode well for them is this version of the Spurs like to move and push the ball.... They will always be the second best team on the floor against Miami playing that style. They have one distinct advantage..... Pops.... If he can change them into an effective defensive team while grinding it out they have a punchers chance.

They have a second distinct advantage: Duncan. Duncan is not Perkins or Ibaka. He'll be the best post player Miami's ever opposed in the playoffs (sorry D12).

Miami hasn't faced D12 in the playoffs. In 2011 Orlando lost to the Hawks in the first round and Dwight was hurt last year.
XXIV

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Mon May 27, 2013 11:47 pm

I agree that inside is the way to beat Miami. The issue that Indy has is that Hibbert isn't a star, so he gets no calls and gets beaten up inside. Timmy will at least get calls, so Miami can't expect the league to neutralize the center for them. They're going to have to play against a legitimate center in the finals, minus a couple of games where Timmy "gets" into foul trouble.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue May 28, 2013 12:04 am

It's all about D for SAS ... their offense will be fine ... I don't know why everybody is so much focused on O these days ...

Even a poor offensive like Indy got some good looks against Miami ... they stopped running the high PNR with Hill- Hibbert in Game 3 for some reasons but the fact Miami played a great offensive game was the reason they got routed .

The question mark imo for SAS is how well they can defend Lebron/Wade penetration ...
wcsoldier81

Postby kenzo on Wed May 29, 2013 2:59 am

I know this is a little late... but it's still funny :man10:

kenzo

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion