Webber gonna be suspended; same with J RIch

Webber gonna be suspended; same with J RIch

Postby shaqpak34 on Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:50 pm

this really are blows to both teams,

too many ppl gettin into legal issues these days, why cant ppl just be honest and make the NBA more fun to watch?!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1642419
shaqpak34

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:11 pm

YES webber is gettin suspended

no im kiddin i dont like to see NBA Players get in trouble all tha time...
FabFourLakers

Postby HndsmCelt on Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:00 am

What makes you guys think that the Kings will not activate Webber 5 games before he is acutlay ready to come back from rehabing his knee? Then he can sit out his 5 games while compleeting the rehab. If the NBA does go ahead with the suspension now it is meaningless. It would make more sense for them to wait untill after he is convicted, but hey 5 games at the start of the season to rest up his legs sounds good to me.
"We suck at rebounding"
Brad Miller
HndsmCelt
Clublakers Rep: Sac Kings

Postby LakersFan2003 on Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:36 pm

HndsmCelt wrote:What makes you guys think that the Kings will not activate Webber 5 games before he is acutlay ready to come back from rehabing his knee? Then he can sit out his 5 games while compleeting the rehab. If the NBA does go ahead with the suspension now it is meaningless. It would make more sense for them to wait untill after he is convicted, but hey 5 games at the start of the season to rest up his legs sounds good to me.

Because what David Stern will do is not hand down the punishment until Chris Webber takes the court and plays. Once he plays, he hands the punishment down. So, until Chris Webber suits up and gets on the court, he probably won't hand down the suspension.
LakersFan2003

Return to NBA Discussion