Webber, Jackson forced to leave game with injuries

Webber, Jackson forced to leave game with injuries

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu May 08, 2003 10:00 pm

"Webber, who has been battling knee, ankle and back ailments, was going for a lob pass under his own basket when he suddenly fell to the ground and was motionless out of bounds for at least 10 seconds. Play was stopped with 2:58 left in the period and the Mavericks leading 104-78."

"Kings guard Bobby Jackson sustained a cheek/eye injury on a offensive charge in the fourth quarter and left the game. X-rays revealed that Jackson has a non-displaced fracture of the right orbital bone. He will not need surgery and his status for Saturday's game will depend on the swelling during the next 48 hours"

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2003/story?id=1551229
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 08, 2003 11:27 pm

See these are the kinda injuries the Kings don't need. Even though I dont like them, it's kinda bad for the team. But well things happen for a reason, and the Kings ended up getting slaughtered! See this is the kinda karma the fans derserve for talkin bad about the Lakers and how they're down 2-0. I know what the situation is, but the Kings just gotta deal with injuries along with the Lakers.
LakersGyrl2003

injuries

Postby Guest on Fri May 09, 2003 6:32 am

I don't wish injuries on any player. If LA can't beat a team at it's best I don't want the title. Having said that, injuries are part of sports and EVERY team deals with them. LA is dealing with them right now. No, Fox is not the player Webber is, but we're missing a vital starter and his backup.

BTW: If I was a petty fan with no morals and did wish injury on a player, well, let's just say Webber would be on the short list.

Postby HndsmCelt on Fri May 09, 2003 10:42 am

Thanks for the symapthy. Not to wory the Kings are well used to palying with mix and match line ups and a nice thrasing hopefull woke them up... I still say Kings in 5. Bobby will be back soon and hopefull Webber too, knees are weid and this could be anything from just a bad twist to... well I just will not say it.
"We suck at rebounding"
Brad Miller
HndsmCelt
Clublakers Rep: Sac Kings

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri May 09, 2003 11:39 am

hmmm... Both teams get injured, both are in somewhat of a sense of trouble... and both are the two teams everybody wants to see in the W.C.F.'s... hmmmmmm.... :man12:
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby HndsmCelt on Fri May 09, 2003 12:03 pm

I am not shure where the doomand gloom is comming from. Yes the injuries suck, but in the end the Kings jsut took HCA away form Allas and are comming home. As for the Lakers, they did not get the jmob done in Texas, but two wins in LA and the the world looks different.

Who knows whats up with Webber, but Jackson will be back, if not Sat then by game 5 for sure. If Sack drops BOTH home games then wory.

Loosing Faux and George, sucks but c'mon you still have the core of your team (Kobe & Shaq) in great shape and highly motivated. . If LA looses gme 3 then worry.
"We suck at rebounding"
Brad Miller
HndsmCelt
Clublakers Rep: Sac Kings

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri May 09, 2003 5:46 pm

Loosing Faux and George, sucks but c'mon you still have the core of your team (Kobe & Shaq) in great shape and highly motivated. . If LA looses gme 3 then worry.

Exactly, I think people are jumping the gun a bit and saying "It's over" - To me, it's just getting strted baby :man12:
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri May 09, 2003 9:17 pm

You never know about Webber. Devean came back today, but I doubt he'll have a lotta minutes. Devean was listed as being out for 2-3 weeks, and came back after the 3rd day or so. If Webber can at least play, then he'll want that as long as it doesn't hurt their chances of winning.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Reddy on Fri May 09, 2003 10:40 pm

yeah but george was a sparined ankle
no surgery of course!
but cwebb needs surgrey out for 4-6 weeks
thats the expected time for the surgery :man11:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 10, 2003 12:18 am

Reddy wrote:yeah but george was a sparined ankle
no surgery of course!
but cwebb needs surgrey out for 4-6 weeks
thats the expected time for the surgery :man11:

That's sad! :man6: Hopefully he'll make a speedy recovery!
LakersGyrl2003

Return to NBA Discussion