West 1st round (4) LA Clippers vs (5) Memphis Grizzlies

Re: West 1st round (4) LA Clippers vs (5) Memphis Grizzlies

Postby Aonex on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:26 pm

Nice win Grizz... hopefully they close out in Memphis.
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
Aonex

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:30 pm

I'm gonna go on a limb and say it, Marc is probably the most complete center today.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby thisbjgz on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:41 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:I'm gonna go on a limb and say it, Marc is probably the most complete center today.

We drafted him ! LOL :man1: :man1: :man1:

We better scoop up Adria Gasol when he wants to play in the NBA
thisbjgz

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:43 pm

thisbjgz wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:I'm gonna go on a limb and say it, Marc is probably the most complete center today.

We drafted him ! LOL :man1: :man1: :man1:

We better scoop up Adria Gasol when he wants to play in the NBA

We got Pau and 2 rings. I think it was a fair trade.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby XXIV on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:20 pm

Great win on the road for the Grizzlies, it's too bad I was only able to watch the last few minutes. Get the W in game 6 Memphis, I want the Clippers OUT.
XXIV

Postby scheven on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:24 pm

Gonna be tough for Clippers to win in Memphis. Crowd is gonna be nuts all game and Blake is hurt too.
scheven

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:27 pm

Clippers get bounced again....Paul rethinks it and realizes his only chance for a chip is with Kobe and Dwight and Phil when he comes back..... signs with Lakers for mini MLE. :man1: :man9: :man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby XXIV on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:28 pm

Paul should sign a one year deal after this season and then return to us in 2014. :jam2:
XXIV

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:31 pm

Damn, if the Grizz close this out, I will be so elated. I hate the Clippers. Screw them & their owner. This will almost make up for the horrible season the Lakers had. Almost.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Forward Three on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:51 pm

thisbjgz wrote:I'm gonna go out on a limb and ask....is Chris Paul REALLLY THAT THAT good ? Like he has the talent...the flashes..those showtime passes ..but when it matters in the playoffs, hasn't he ALWAYS come up short? or not show up to CP3 standards? Happened with New Orleans and he got a pass for it when he had an average squad but still played with an Allstar David West..but now? if he loses this year to Memphis..is he really that good when he doesn't perform in the post season?

He did kind of shrink in the closing minutes of this game and he hasn't exactly had a major impact on the series other than that game winner(which arguably could be the defining moment if the Clippers are able to rally and win it in 7) But yeah, I think the thing with CP3 is that when he is facilitating and 'running the show' as well as getting a touch of love from the whistles, he's capable of just sort of controlling the entire game. But if you force him to be just a scorer or just a passer or just take jumpers or anything that isn't 'running the whole show in the way he wants to', well, we've seen it enough times, it just kind of frustrates and defeats him. Which, in the big picture, I think will always separate him from the true all-time greats that approach the level of a Kobe Bryant.
Forward Three

Postby Forward Three on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:57 pm

Grizzlies are a team that I would love to see win it all. I think it would be a convincing antidote to our superstar obsessed culture, at least it would turn back some of the symptoms. I'm not sure if they could make it past the Thunder though, I think Durant's versatility as a scorer as well as being someone who can and will drop 40+ any given night will be a challenge for them, but then with Westbrook out, who knows, maybe the Grizzlies make the WCF, if it's Grizzlies vs. Spurs, again, I think the Spurs would be the favorites largely on the strength of their three point shooting, but that would probably be a pretty good series anyway.
Forward Three

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed May 01, 2013 12:05 am

^^^^ Grizz have always played OKC very tough at full strength ... there is no way a Westbrook less Thunder team is going to beat Memphis ... not enough scoring against the best defensive team in the league ...

Grizz - Heat would be the most competitive Finals ... SAS defense lacks toughness and physicality to bother the Heat
wcsoldier81

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed May 01, 2013 12:11 am

i'm rooting for the grizz from here on out
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed May 01, 2013 12:14 am

By the way , Griffin sprained his ankle in ankle by landing on a teammate foot ... guess who ? the answer is easy :man10:
wcsoldier81

Postby Aonex on Wed May 01, 2013 12:20 am

So if the Clippers lose 4th in a row on Friday do you guys think that Paul still re-signs with them this summer?
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
Aonex

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed May 01, 2013 12:43 am

Man wouldn't that be something after all the promise and hype and new main team in town rivalry talk..... if he didn't???

BOOM goes the dynamite just like that. They're back to being the :man10: "Clippers"

One can only hope. :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
Last edited by LTLakerFan on Wed May 01, 2013 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
LTLakerFan

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed May 01, 2013 12:44 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:By the way , Griffin sprained his ankle in ankle by landing on a teammate foot ... guess who ? the answer is easy :man10:

Who?
LTLakerFan

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed May 01, 2013 12:55 am

LTLakerFan wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:By the way , Griffin sprained his ankle in ankle by landing on a teammate foot ... guess who ? the answer is easy :man10:

Who?

The Candy man of course
wcsoldier81

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed May 01, 2013 2:00 am

Forward Three wrote:I've said it before but I really like the style of play the Grizzlies pursue. It's old school and fundamental and a refreshing departure from most of the rest of the league's run and gun, everyone is a 40% three point shooter + a couple superstar wunderkinds, point guard heavy play.

Zach Randolph is awesome to watch in the post and his chemistry with Gasol is really good. Bit like Pau and Bynum when they were clicking(rare though it was due to injuries)

Yeah Grizz on D are awesome to watch ... establised schemed , players are in the right spots , rotate ..

Players never give up and play physical without being dirty ... and yeah Z-Bo and Marc are cool to watch.

I'm also glad chucker Gay is gone ... they need more scoring outside but he wasn't the right player
wcsoldier81

Postby juninho on Wed May 01, 2013 2:26 am

Marc Gasol is the most all around center i saw since hakeem retired.
juninho

Postby SpencerHarrison on Wed May 01, 2013 2:37 am

I love watching Randolph close games. I've hated it when he iced out the Lakers, but... Damn. He moves like a tank in deep mud, but the guy makes late 4th quarter buckets like he's just doing chores. It surely must require great physical strength, but he makes it look just sort of lazy and normal. "Yeah, I guess I'll lean into this guy then turn and drop a layup. Whatever."

What a great resource to have. A tough physical team frustrates and wears you down into the 4th quarter, then deploys some slow giant who can just put the ball in the cup and jog around. What a great team. I really want Memphis all the way
SpencerHarrison

Postby denimPortugal on Wed May 01, 2013 3:07 am

S*ck it Clipps!!! :jam2:
With LAL out, I'm routing for the Grizz! Their frontcourt is 'powerful'! :bow:
denimPortugal

Postby SpencerHarrison on Wed May 01, 2013 3:11 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:

Who?

The Candy man of course

Candyman, candyman, candyman, candyman, candyman!

LO comes out of your mirror, plays video games for a while, eats some Skittles then nicely asks for a ride to the airport. He'd make an awesome ghost.
SpencerHarrison

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed May 01, 2013 3:33 am

SpencerHarrison wrote:I love watching Randolph close games. I've hated it when he iced out the Lakers, but... Damn. He moves like a tank in deep mud, but the guy makes late 4th quarter buckets like he's just doing chores. It surely must require great physical strength, but he makes it look just sort of lazy and normal. "Yeah, I guess I'll lean into this guy then turn and drop a layup. Whatever."

What a great resource to have. A tough physical team frustrates and wears you down into the 4th quarter, then deploys some slow giant who can just put the ball in the cup and jog around. What a great team. I really want Memphis all the way

it was pretty crazy. marc carrying them in the third, zbo carrying them in the 4th.

our big man duo looks pitiful in comparison.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed May 01, 2013 8:13 am

omg LO with the assist! hahahaha.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion