West 1st round (3) Denver Nuggets vs (6) GS Warriors

Re: West 1st round (3) Denver Nuggets vs (6) GS Warriors

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu May 02, 2013 10:22 pm

Warriors did everything they could to lose that game just now, jeez..... But at the end of the game the win is all that matters.

That's what you get with so many players with virtually no playoff experience. Spurs are licking their chops right now
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu May 02, 2013 10:23 pm

Lqv2015 wrote:Guys, GS just won the NBA championship. :man10:

I envy their arena and fans.

pretty much :man10:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu May 02, 2013 10:25 pm

Worst attempt ever at a choke job ... only a dumber Denver team couldn't take advantage of it ... down 2 , Iggy got the hot hand ... rushed play , Iggy doesn't touch the ball ... ok :man3:

This series showed once again how bad Karl is at coaching ... and yeah Pop and SAS are laughing right now
wcsoldier81

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu May 02, 2013 10:27 pm

Lqv2015 wrote:Guys, GS just won the NBA championship. :man10:

I envy their arena and fans.

3 playoffs series won in 22 years .. says it all
wcsoldier81

Postby Finwë on Thu May 02, 2013 10:27 pm

I hate Denver. It's awesome that the Warriors beat them
Can't believe how bad GS was trying to close it out. Almost choked away an 18 pt lead, just so many stupid plays

Oh, and the officiating was, once again, nothing but trash. The calls in the final 3 minutes... :hurl:
I can't believe just how bad it's been this whole season, probably the worst in a LONG time.
Is it merely incompetence? Is there anything else to it?
I dunno but it's getting ridiculous.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Forward Three on Thu May 02, 2013 10:28 pm

I don't know if I have ever seen an NBA team make that many mistakes that should have cost them the game that were completely avoidable as what we saw tonight. Goodness.
Forward Three

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu May 02, 2013 10:30 pm

Forward Three wrote:I don't know if I have ever seen an NBA team make that many mistakes that should have cost them the game that were completely avoidable as what we saw tonight. Goodness.

4 TOs in 25 seconds ... has to be a record
wcsoldier81

Postby Scnottaken on Thu May 02, 2013 10:45 pm

Finwë wrote:I hate Denver. It's awesome that the Warriors beat them
Can't believe how bad GS was trying to close it out. Almost choked away an 18 pt lead, just so many stupid plays

Oh, and the officiating was, once again, nothing but trash. The calls in the final 3 minutes... :hurl:
I can't believe just how bad it's been this whole season, probably the worst in a LONG time.

What happened near the end with the out of bounds call? Or was it a foul?
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu May 02, 2013 10:56 pm

Scnottaken wrote:

Chandler left foot was out of bounds
wcsoldier81

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu May 02, 2013 10:57 pm

Scnottaken wrote:

One of the Denver players was out of bounds while touching the ball.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Avenged24 on Thu May 02, 2013 11:05 pm

I was really rooting for a game 7.

If the warriors play like this against the Spurs, they're out in 5 games tops.
Avenged24

Postby gill on Thu May 02, 2013 11:17 pm

That charging call on Javale when it was a block killed Denver's momentum. And those GSW turnovers... I thought for sure we'd have a Game 7... but Steph Curry beasted enough in the 2nd half to give them a good cushion.

Makes me wonder though... how in the hell did this Denver team get the 3rd seed? Aside from Game 5 and that layup by Miller in Game 1, they could've been swept!

Now have fun with San Antonio!

John Schuhmann ‏@johnschuhmann 42m
Wow. The Warriors have lost their last 29 games in San Antonio. Last win was Feb. 14, 1997.
Retweeted by Eric Pincus
gill

Postby Ras Algethi on Fri May 03, 2013 1:33 am

Problem with GS is that outside of Jack, they dont play any true pgs. Curry handles the ball a lot but hes' a SG. They can't handle the full court press.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Tobias Funke on Fri May 03, 2013 5:36 am

gill wrote:That charging call on Javale when it was a block killed Denver's momentum. And those GSW turnovers... I thought for sure we'd have a Game 7... but Steph Curry beasted enough in the 2nd half to give them a good cushion.

Makes me wonder though... how in the hell did this Denver team get the 3rd seed? Aside from Game 5 and that layup by Miller in Game 1, they could've been swept!

Well McGee did get a make up call on the very next possession (I thought he caught the kid with an elbow too), but ofcourse he bricked both his FTs.

These "No True Star Player" teams always fall flat in the playoffs sooner rather than later unless they're a defense first team (Billups' Pistons come to mind). Its a nice fun, feel good story for their fans that their coming together and doing it at a team over the course of a season, but HOF level players win playoff series.

Ras Algethi wrote:Problem with GS is that outside of Jack, they dont play any true pgs. Curry handles the ball a lot but hes' a SG. They can't handle the full court press.

Yep. and add in the fact that he's not exactly the biggest guy out there to see and get passes out over the hard double teams. I dont understand how a team can react that poorly when faced with ball pressure tho. Curry was hot for alot of this series. How did Mark not plan on them doubling him and eventually?
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby Forward Three on Fri May 03, 2013 9:29 am

Yeah, you do definitely have to give Denver a lot of credit for trapping and their full-court press, it clearly frustrated GS. But so many of those turnovers had an air of "I'm frustrated and I don't care anymore" about them. Mental weakness. It's, quite frankly, incredible that Denver wasn't able to win this game, with the looks they had, the opportunities they had. It wasn't even like Denver wasn't executing, they looked pretty cohesive in the final minutes, defensively at least, but offensively it was almost as ugly as Golden State's turnovers.
Forward Three

Postby abeer3 on Fri May 03, 2013 10:56 am

gs peed themselves in a way i'm not sure i've ever seen from a playoff team, and i think getting the win may have saved them from serious fallout going forward. that's the kind of sequence that psychologically ruins a team for years. gotta wonder the tone in the locker room was after the game: we...won? sort of?
abeer3

Postby thkthebest on Fri May 03, 2013 12:49 pm

gill wrote:Makes me wonder though... how in the hell did this Denver team get the 3rd seed? Aside from Game 5 and that layup by Miller in Game 1, they could've been swept!

They are missing arguably their best player in Gallinari.

That and supposedly Denver's HC advantage is not as significant in the playoffs because (unlike in the regular season) the other teams have a chance to get acclimated to it.

Still pretty surprising though. I thought the Warriors wouldn't be able to win one in Denver. I also thought they would lose for sure after losing David Lee.
thkthebest

Postby Forward Three on Fri May 03, 2013 12:51 pm

/\ Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't think about it at all really. Thing is, those mistakes were the types of mistakes inexperienced players make, inexperienced players don't tend to be the most introspective, and while the coach will obviously be screaming in their ears for a while about it, the post-game interviews with Curry and Bogut, neither seemed particularly phased by just how badly they had just played.
Forward Three

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri May 03, 2013 3:39 pm

Seeing the Warriors and Nuggets battle and mostly seeing the Nuggets continue to make the postseason despite not having superstars lets me believe how much small teams succeed in this "Point guard" era. It's so amazing to see the shift from super teams to small teams.
Jazzygirl205

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion