West 1st round (1) OKC Thunder vs (8) Houston Rockets

Re: West 1st round (1) OKC Thunder vs (8) Houston Rockets

Postby abeer3 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:16 pm

Iceberg Slim wrote:
You know abeer...you're really smart. I'm going to pretend you're playing as if you're not here. James Harden vs. Kobe Bryant's expectations as a franchise player? Can't see why that's different? :man3: Ok bro.

if all you're going to offer is a tacit defense (or endorsement?) of ref baiting as legit basketball, we have nothing to talk about.

and if harden isn't held to higher standards, then who cares about the conversation, really? we agree: he's not a star, and without the whistles, he'd be even less. prime joe johnson was a better basketball player.
abeer3

Postby gill on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:17 pm

Chandler Parsons doesn't know fear. That guys just absolutely plays his heart out. Those are the kind of players the Lakers need more of.
gill

Postby thkthebest on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:32 pm

Lmao at Fisher. He comes in for 2 seconds and ruins things already. He throws an idiotic pass toward Durant. Durant chases after the ball, dives for it, and hurts his wrist.

Edit: Wtf. Of course Durant gets that call.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby Lqv2015 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:51 pm

^^ To be fair, when Fish made that pass, Durant was too busy pushing his man off to be able to catch it.
LAKERS-4-LIFE
Lqv2015

Postby Lqv2015 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:04 pm

Fish really contributing to this game :man10:
LAKERS-4-LIFE
Lqv2015

Postby thkthebest on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:05 pm

Yea, Fisher's been doing everything this 4th quarter.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby gill on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:16 pm

Fisher has been huge in this 4th Q
gill

Postby Lqv2015 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:16 pm

DFish lives for these moments.
LAKERS-4-LIFE
Lqv2015

Postby Lqv2015 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:28 pm

Fish FTW
LAKERS-4-LIFE
Lqv2015

Postby gill on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:28 pm

Harden... unclutch!
gill

Postby gill on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:30 pm

Wow! Rockets literally just an inch or two away from going fishing! They would have lost in OT, IMO. Damn Ibaka! :man10:
gill

Postby Lqv2015 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:34 pm

How do you miss that put back? lol OKC will bury Houston at home.
LAKERS-4-LIFE
Lqv2015

Postby 432J on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:35 pm

gill wrote:Chandler Parsons doesn't know fear. That guys just absolutely plays his heart out. Those are the kind of players the Lakers need more of.

i'd love to see parsons in a lakers uniform. plus kobe loves him too
432J

Postby Avenged24 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:52 pm

Ibaka with the choke -- I LOVE IT! Hopefully the Thunder choke the series away.. Hey a man can dream. :D
Avenged24

Postby Finwë on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:35 pm

I only watched the 4th quarter, GOD were the refs just terrible. The NBA is quickly becoming just utterly disgusting in terms of officiating.....

2 more things:

Harden = exposed. Unclutch, 10 turnovers, and once again, a terrible shooting %

Brooks = terrible coach. Durant getting trapped 30 feet out on every touch - Thunder get a rebound and a chance to score quickly before Houston settles on D -> Brooks calls a TO, and draws up a lame ISO for Durant. C'mon!!
He's so bad at drawing plays. OKC's offense is just so rudimentary, and it's definitely his fault.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby nthydro on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:36 pm

432J wrote:
gill wrote:Chandler Parsons doesn't know fear. That guys just absolutely plays his heart out. Those are the kind of players the Lakers need more of.

Yeah I've been a fan of Parsons for a while now. He would be perfect for us. He's a solid all around player who plays with a chip on his shoulder.
nthydro

Postby SpencerHarrison on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:46 pm

Nothing could please me more than seeing Harden struggle. I agree with Finwe, he is being exposed. If he doesn't get a whistle every other possession, things start to go south rapidly. He will start chucking 3s, and if those don't fall? Charge to the rim. No whistle? Chuck a 3. I love when commentators start in with the praise and superlatives as he's jacking up a heavily contested standstill 3 for no reason. He has a good eurostep, I'll concede. And apparently that's supermove in the NBA since it netted Harden a vast fortune.
SpencerHarrison

Postby Nashty Gal on Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:31 am

nthydro wrote:
432J wrote:

Yeah I've been a fan of Parsons for a while now. He would be perfect for us. He's a solid all around player who plays with a chip on his shoulder.

been saying this since i saw his cute face, but seriously.

Ibaka falling to the floor like he got shot :man10: and i'm jealous because we got swept :man5:

The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:32 am

OKC is going to get swept/win one game at most in the 2nd round
wcsoldier81

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:42 am

Finwë wrote:
Brooks = terrible coach. Durant getting trapped 30 feet out on every touch - Thunder get a rebound and a chance to score quickly before Houston settles on D -> Brooks calls a TO, and draws up a lame ISO for Durant. C'mon!!
He's so bad at drawing plays. OKC's offense is just so rudimentary, and it's definitely his fault.

Brooks is clueless on the offensive side of the ball ... always has been .

Another example : Why the hell Martin wasn't on the floor for the last possession ?

They should have run some sort of action between Martin and KD with Fish on the weakside ... you know Rockets wouldn't have let KD open so Martin probably could have made a play .. shoot it or kick it to Fisher... Houston is a bad defensive team ... they just let Reggie Jackson screwed it up on many possessions down the stretch
Last edited by wcsoldier81 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
wcsoldier81

Postby nthydro on Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:43 am

Nashty Gal wrote:
nthydro wrote:
432J wrote:

been saying this since i saw his cute face, but seriously.

Ibaka falling to the floor like he got shot :man10: and i'm jealous because we got swept :man5:

When I first read your post I was like :man3: but then I say your SN and realize you're a chick :man10:
nthydro

Postby abeer3 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:06 am

wait...you mean harden has trouble impacting the game when it's not whistle city? who could have guessed?

and yes, two things are apparent: scott brooks isn't much of a strategist and kd has difficulty creating offense as the sole option--he's not quick or strong enough with the ball. they miss westbrook a ton.

chandler parsons is good for what they do, but i'm not so sure he could replicate these results in any other system. he's not much of a halfcourt player, nor is he a defender, nor is he a pure shooter (that shot's ugly). when he's forced to put the ball on the floor, things get shaky. when he's forced to pass off the dribble, things go terribly wrong. McHale hasn't gotten enough credit for making flawed players look good this year. i'm sure it bothers him to be employing this gimmick scheme, but it's the only thing that works with that undersized and undertalented roster. that said, if westbrook was playing, this would already be over, and it would have more closely resembled the lakers/spurs series.

finally: i know the announcers went nuts saying that asik didn't foul on that last attempt (and maybe technically, he didn't), but man, if that's not reggie jackson on the road, that's a whistle every time. harden gets that call when the defender is moving away from him.
abeer3

Postby The Rock on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:28 am

I lol'd

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Iceberg Slim on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:37 am

and if harden isn't held to higher standards, then who cares about the conversation, really? we agree: he's not a star, and without the whistles, he'd be even less. prime joe johnson was a better basketball player.

Only one real guy is held to Kobe standards...and he's the reigning MVP. Only the elite of the elite can garner such attention and expectation. James Harden isn't there yet. He's in his third professional season and first as a full-time starter. Yet you're trying to compare him to a 17 year vet with 5 rings who's arguably top 5 all-time. That's silly.

So lets not confuse the point, because I don't agree with you. He's not a SUPERstar. I count only 6 of those in the league. But he's the definition of a "star". Averaging just under 26, 6 and 5, with a max contract, main option on your team, and a 2013 all-star selection (not given off of popularity) speaks to that. He has some holes in his game, sure. But it's ok to give a dude props. He's a hooper. And he's only going to get better from here probably.
www.thesportslyceum.com - personal blog

Iceberg Slim

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:36 pm

I didn't get to see the end of the game last night......

Just did....

Serge Ibaka.....

Shame on you.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion