When will we ever see Kobe and Vince in a dunk contest??????

When will we ever see Kobe and Vince in a dunk contest??????

Postby Pha King A on Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:12 pm

Man, I was wishing it was this year because it was at the Staples Center, so ya, I cant really wait til both of them are in the dunk contest because both are VERY VERY VERY good dunkers, maybe the best ever, so I dont know who would win.... What do yall think? Who would win?
Pha King A

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:13 pm

I had a quote a while back about Kobe saying he would definately enter the dunk contest if Vince did. This was around 2001 or something.
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:20 pm

i hope both of 'em will join sometime. hopefully next year.
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:43 pm

no, I dont see either of them returning. Besides, next year's winner is LeBron James.
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby Roscoe on Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:45 pm

Its never gonna happen...

"Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:46 pm

Yeah. The leauge really messed up the Dunk contests over the past couple of years. The last GREAT contest was the 2000 one.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby K-O-punch on Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:08 pm

vince will kill kobe in a dunk contest.

he'll kill nique, jordan, dr. j, and every dunkers that ever alive too.

too bad it's all he does. :bang:
K-O-punch

Postby Pha King A on Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:58 pm

Dude, do you know what your saying? I think kobe and vince would be close............Kobe could beat vince if kobe really tried, and so could James White...........
Pha King A

Postby Kb8theGreat on Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:00 pm

Vince Carter would sprain his knee warming up :man8:
Kobe is the Future of our franchise no matter if you like it or not.
Kb8theGreat

Postby shaqpak34 on Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:35 pm

LOL haha ya he woukld

but he is a sickkkk dunker, but i dont know if he wud beat MJ

u cant compare em cus for their time, they both did some crazy dunks, most of em revolutinary too
shaqpak34

Postby K-O-punch on Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:53 pm

he would, trust me, i saw alot of dunkers since the 80's and vince is the best, he got Spud's hops, MJ's body control, Dr. J's Creativity, and Larry Nance's/Nique's Power on the windmills.
K-O-punch

Postby lakersfan9 on Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:16 pm

it would be kobe and vince in the final round and its to close to say who would win, but kobe would have a better chance this year cuz it is in a la so he has a boost
lakersfan9

Postby lakerfanimal on Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:20 pm

hey fantizzle i got news for u, kobe n vince have the same recorded verts, so ur sayn that kobe has spuds hops too
ImageImage
lakerfanimal

Postby K-O-punch on Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:07 am

well, at least that's what SI for kids tells you.

vince got more hangtime and power on his dunks.

the only thing kobe got on vince when it comes to dunkin' is creativity, kobe is more of a game dunker, not a dunk contest dunker.

other than dunking, every aspect of kobe's game is better than vince.
K-O-punch

Postby KoToTheB on Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:39 am

Here is what it would take. im sick of these All-Star weekends with crappy dunk contests. This year was a prime exapmle, a missed dunk basically won it for the other guy......ridiculous. i remember when the dunk contest used to be the thing. It was more poular then the All-Star game.

NBA All Star weekend has so much potential, here is a few ideas...........

1. 5 million dollars. thats right 5 million! First prize in the dunk contest gets 5 million, free and clear. taht might perk some interests, of the NBA stars dunking elite. You could easiyl raise that money to from any number of sponsors. Can you imagine what that might bring? VC, Kobe, T-Mac, KG, hell Earl Boykins, and whoever. $$$$ could make this an ultimate showdown once again, also the rules could stand to be tweaked a little bit.

2. We heard about something like this quite a few years ago, it was supposed to take place in the summer on pay per view, but i think it would be intriguing.........the One on One matchup tournament bracket. 8 players, bracket style for the one on one title. throw anyone in there, call your own fouls, play to 11. You could have crazy matchups like Duncan vs. T-Mac, KG vs. LeBron, even Shaq vs. Kobe????? Tell me that wouldnt be fun and interesting, quickness vs size, it may be cool to watch.

3. The 3 point contest.
A. Regular 3 point contest with a $$$$ prize. Same as suggested contest. But get some better talent, i dont want to see Raja Bell competing against an elite Peja, lets get the guns out there, Reggie Miller, Kobe, T-Mac, Nash, superstars that can shoot.
B. The Big man 3 point contest. i wanna see Yao, i wanna see Shaq, i wanna see Dunan, and i wanna see Oliver Miller. This would be competetitive and entertaining.

4. Get rid of anything that has to do with 2 ball, or whatever gay game they can come up with.

Id be interested to hear anyone else's ideas to make this weekend great again..........
KoToTheB

Postby LakersChamps04 on Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:14 am

lakerfanimal wrote:hey fantizzle i got news for u, kobe n vince have the same recorded verts, so ur sayn that kobe has spuds hops too

Actually, when Kobe first entered the league, his vertical was listed as 45 inches. That is higher than Vinces, but since his knee surgery and the wear-and-tear of the nba and post-season, it might be down to 40 or so.
LakersChamps04

Postby JSM on Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:50 am

KoToTheB, I like those ideas for the All Star weekend. 5 mill. may be a little much though, 250 grand is more likely, if they were to raise it.

I would also like to see a one one one thing with a few of the rookie against a few of the Sophomores before the Rookie & Sophomore game, that would be fun to watch.

All I know is they got to think of something quick, before the All Star weekend becomes a joke, because rating keep plummeting downwards. The need some new fresh evens to boost the rating and excitement. ANd they need to give away more money for all the events, then better players would do it.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Return to NBA Discussion