Where will Mutumbo most likely end up?

Where will Mutumbo most likely end up?

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:21 pm

According to recent reports...the knicks, sixers, raptors and blazers have expressed interest in Mutumbo....

In my opinion, i think the 2 teams that have a great chance of obtaining him are the knicks and sixers...but the sixers have the early upper hand on Mutumbo, since his wife and kids live in Philly still...but lets see what Mutumbo would do to the lineups of each team:

Knicks: Mutumbo will FINALLY fill the void for the Knicks at the center position, since they have been longing for a legit center since Ewing departed and retired...and take a look at tha lineup they'll have ASSUMING Mcdyess plays this season(WOW):

Mutumbo
Mcdyess
Van Horn
Houston
Eisley

bench:
Thomas
Harrington
Weatherspoon
Lampe
Sweetney
Anderson
Ward
Williams

OR(if van horn begins to struggle)
Mutumbo
Thomas
Mcdyess
Houston
Eisley

and if Mcdyess is injured:
Mutumbo
Thomas
Van Horn
Houston
Eisley

WOW imagine the Knicks with Mutumbo...they'll definetly have a chance to be in tha top 4 in the east! Ok well lets take a look at tha sixers shall we?:

Mutumbo
Thomas
Robinson
Iverson
Snow

bench
Coleman
M Jackson
Mckie
Salmons
Buckner
M Williams
Maculloch(if he can play)

What Mutumbo will do for the sixers is give them defensive presence to guard the basket when defenders are beaten...and he'll emphasize the sixers defense, and help Thomas on the boards, and he'll also make the sixers bench deeper, movin Coleman to the bench, and enabling him to back up the 4 spot, and Marc Jackson can back up Mutumbo....I truly think the sixers can be #1 if they add Mutumbo...bcuz basically, they traded him, got van horn and macculloch back, then traded van horn for glenn robinson(a much more reliable scorer than van horn), and then they get their center back in which they traded....what a tailspin for the sixers!

tell me what you all think and where Mutumbo will MOST LIKELY end up!

I REALLY WANT HIM BACK IN PHILLY! HE HAD SOME GOOD YEARS WITH THEM!
FabFourLakers

Postby TOO much time...LOL on Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:50 pm

Yeah, great contemplation, but I don't think Mutombo would end up anywhere. Sources from HoopsWorld are speculationg whether the Kings would give him a legit shot to make the team, and use some money, but the Maloofs are crazy.

I don't think Mutombo is gonna end up anywhere this season.
TOO much time...LOL

Postby smilez on Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:51 pm

I say he will end up somewhere like Portland. But if he does end up in Phily Then that would be great for them.
smilez

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:21 pm

TOO much time...LOL wrote:Yeah, great contemplation, but I don't think Mutombo would end up anywhere. Sources from HoopsWorld are speculationg whether the Kings would give him a legit shot to make the team, and use some money, but the Maloofs are crazy.

I don't think Mutombo is gonna end up anywhere this season.

Mutumbo is not goin to the west coast PERIOD

and there is no way in HELL mutumbo doesnt end up anywhere...if i were the sixers or knicks i'd try to get him in a second
FabFourLakers

Postby Ghost of Drazen on Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:33 pm

Ah, if you ask me, like Mutombo, I have been dead for approximately eight years by now. It's sad how I'm younger than Mutombo, and i died before him. Pity. But if anywhere, I believe that Mutombo would end up in Utah, where he once was before. Surprise surprise. Ghosts can predict the future can't they?
REMEMBER DRAZEN
Ghost of Drazen

Postby BoogieKnight on Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:38 pm

Hey, Homer Simpson is back...just in time for the Lakers first preseason game. :jam2:

"You know what we are in Sacramento when it comes to Los Angeles? Whiners.
We excel at "The Crying Game."
And once again, our motto remains: We played, we lost, we b*tched about it."

By Marcos Bretón - Bee Columnist
BoogieKnight

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:23 pm

Ghost of Drazen wrote:Ah, if you ask me, like Mutombo, I have been dead for approximately eight years by now. It's sad how I'm younger than Mutombo, and i died before him. Pity. But if anywhere, I believe that Mutombo would end up in Utah, where he once was before. Surprise surprise. Ghosts can predict the future can't they?

UTAH? i hope ur kidding cuz Utah is not lookin for a worn out 37 year old center...they already have a 35 year old worn out center they'd like to unload...

My sources are tellin me Mutumbo likes new york....

Mutumbo can go anywhere he wants and not worry about money cuz he got a 30 million dollar buyout!
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:43 pm

The Magic have shown some interest in Deke
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:38 pm

looks like phillly doesnt want mutumbo..stupid idiots :man7:
FabFourLakers

Re: Where will Mutumbo most likely end up?

Postby jordan10304 on Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:52 am

FabFourLakers wrote:According to recent reports...the knicks, sixers, raptors and blazers have expressed interest in Mutumbo....

In my opinion, i think the 2 teams that have a great chance of obtaining him are the knicks and sixers...but the sixers have the early upper hand on Mutumbo, since his wife and kids live in Philly still...but lets see what Mutumbo would do to the lineups of each team:

Knicks: Mutumbo will FINALLY fill the void for the Knicks at the center position, since they have been longing for a legit center since Ewing departed and retired...and take a look at tha lineup they'll have ASSUMING Mcdyess plays this season(WOW):

Mutumbo
Mcdyess
Van Horn
Houston
Eisley

bench:
Thomas
Harrington
Weatherspoon
Lampe
Sweetney
Anderson
Ward
Williams

Mutumbo
Thomas
Mcdyess
Houston
Eisley

Mutumbo
Thomas
Van Horn
Houston
Eisley

WOW imagine the Knicks with Mutumbo...they'll definetly have a chance to be in tha top 4 in the east! Ok well lets take a look at tha sixers shall we?:

Mutumbo
Thomas
Robinson
Iverson
Snow

bench
Coleman
M Jackson
Mckie
Salmons
Buckner
M Williams

What Mutumbo will do for the sixers is give them defensive presence to guard the basket when defenders are beaten...and he'll emphasize the sixers defense, and help Thomas on the boards, and he'll also make the sixers bench deeper, movin Coleman to the bench, and enabling him to back up the 4 spot, and Marc Jackson can back up Mutumbo....I truly think the sixers can be #1 if they add Mutumbo...bcuz basically, they traded him, got van horn and macculloch back, then traded van horn for glenn robinson(a much more reliable scorer than van horn), and then they get their center back in which they traded....what a tailspin for the sixers!

Man, what about Dikembe Mutombo still makes you say "wow"? How old is he..56? I swear he's older than 37. Definitely he will probably end up in Philly or New York, but come on, he couldn't even start over Jason Collins in New Jersey. I don't think Mutombo can hold up as a starter for more than half a season. The man should just go and retire already or else sign with the Lakers, ride the bench, and win the championship he's looking for. :man12:
jordan10304

Re: Where will Mutumbo most likely end up?

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Oct 08, 2003 7:50 pm

jordan10304 wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:According to recent reports...the knicks, sixers, raptors and blazers have expressed interest in Mutumbo....

Mutumbo
Mcdyess
Van Horn
Houston
Eisley

bench:
Thomas
Harrington
Weatherspoon
Lampe
Sweetney
Anderson
Ward
Williams

Mutumbo
Thomas
Mcdyess
Houston
Eisley

Mutumbo
Thomas
Van Horn
Houston
Eisley

Mutumbo
Thomas
Robinson
Iverson
Snow

bench
Coleman
M Jackson
Mckie
Salmons
Buckner
M Williams

Man, what about Dikembe Mutombo still makes you say "wow"? How old is he..56? I swear he's older than 37. Definitely he will probably end up in Philly or New York, but come on, he couldn't even start over Jason Collins in New Jersey. I don't think Mutombo can hold up as a starter for more than half a season. The man should just go and retire already or else sign with the Lakers, ride the bench, and win the championship he's looking for. :man12:

the reason why he didnt start is cuz he got injured and missed pretty much more than half tha season and never was used to playin with his teammates...Mutumbo can really benefit the Knicks or Sixers cuz of his shot blockin ability and he is a presence down low....

i think Mutumbo will sign with the Knicks either tommorow or Friday...lucky knicks...then they are gonna try to trade for Van exel...
FabFourLakers

Return to NBA Discussion