PG: Chris Paul/Deron Williams
SG: Dwyane Wade/Monta Ellis
SF: LeBron James/Carmelo Anthony
PF: Chris Bosh/Amar'e Stoudemire
C: Dwight Howard/Andrew Bynum
LooN3y

Re: Which Team Wins?

Postby Iceberg Slim on Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:57 am

Team 1, easily. Mainly for 3 reasons. You cannot guard Shaq, Kobe, or KG. Basketball is about match-ups. And Team 1 has a big advantage. Once the ball is thrown into the post, you have to collapse on Shaq, which leaves everyone off balance when trying to recover to guard A.I. (impossible), Kobe (impossible) or Tracy McGrady (impossible). KG vs. Bosh in an iso? Capital punishment. Ray Allen coming off the bench for a scoring spark is lethal. Team 1 by 10.
www.thesportslyceum.com - personal blog

Iceberg Slim

Postby trodgers on Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:31 am

Chris Paul couldn't guard AI either. Iverson outscored him in 7 of their 11 head to head meetings, and they tied another time. Iverson scored 22+ points in 8 of the 11. Paul didn't have bad numbers, averaging a double double, but Team 1 would score a boatload of points. However they wanted.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby therealdeal on Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:27 am

Team One would run away with that game. They'd blow out Team Two probably half the times they played.

Shaq in his prime would make Howard cry. Kobe and Iverson would put up points all game long without a chance of Wade or Paul stopping them.

The only advantage for Team Two is LeBron/Carmelo and I'm not sure that's enough. Which of those guys helps on Shaq? Does Bosh have any way of stopping Garnett? When does Wade give up?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby strikemode14 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:00 pm

I go team 2 for one reason...I think it be more of a team.

Team 2 could do a lineup of

Paul
Williams
Bron
Melo
Bosh

That be small as heck but the ball movement would be excellent. Plus bron, paul and williams can make things easier for melo, bosh, dwight etc.

I like team 1 but you are going to need 3 balls...I could see by second quarter any coach just straight up benching AI or kobe/shaq punching him in the face bc he would be a blackhole. Then poor t-mac needs it too.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:57 pm

^ um, no one is stopping shaq in that lineup, not even a quintuple team.

the game would slow down and the "speed" would be useless, combine with the fact the only shooter on that team would be Melo, no disrespect to Lebron (who has improved) and Paul (who doesn't take that many), but they're all a motion offense type team.

you have shaq to clog the lane, KG's great help defense, and kobe's perimeter defense.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:05 pm

try this one:

magic/thomas
jordan/gervin
bird/dr j
moses malone/mchale
kareem/hakeem
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby thkthebest on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:12 pm

Lets not forget that Team 1 is an awesome "small ball" lineup. They're old now, but in their primes, Kobe, Vince, McGrady, Garnett, and Shaq were some of the most physically gifted players of ALL TIME.

Team 1 also has a great bench. Their PGs might be headcases, but team 1 is comprised of great passers, defenders, scorers, shooters, and athletes. They can literally do it all and can dominate any era. I can't see Kobe, McGrady, and Shaq fighting as much as strikemode14 thinks. Maybe if they had to stick together for a few seasons, it might be a problem, but in one game or one series, they should be fine. Add Garnett to that mix, and it's game over!

Team 2 is great. I can see what strikemode14 means about meshing better as a team, especially since their starting lineup has played together for Team USA. Actually, I think their starting lineup is amazing as long as Dwight doesn't complain about his touches on offense. But their bench is full of me-first, offensive-minded players. Bynum is the only bench player who would play defense, except since he's not getting the ball on that team, he might not play defense either. Lol.

Edit: Oh, and LOL at Dwight trying to guard Shaq. Dwight's either going to get 2 technicals or 6 fouls. Either way, he's out of the game.
thkthebest

Postby Juronimo on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:37 pm

Team 1, due to all the open looks they'll get when 4/5 of team 2's starting lineup begins their flop routine.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby noobiew on Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:56 pm

I am assuming all these players were in their prime.

Team 1 wins easily mostly due to Shaquille O'Neal and Kevin Garnett, their frontcourt talents is just two much overwhelm and would absolutely destroy team 2.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:26 pm

In their primes? Yea Team 1 destroys team 2.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Congo Cash on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:44 am

Shaq in his prime was unguardable, unless you spend like 846365 personal fouls...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby dj vitus on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:08 pm

strikemode14 wrote:I like team 1 but you are going to need 3 balls...I could see by second quarter any coach just straight up benching AI or kobe/shaq punching him in the face bc he would be a blackhole. Then poor t-mac needs it too.

This right here leads me to go with Team 2. I understand no one can stop Kobe and Shaq, but Iverson and McGrady are known ball hogs and might not have the right chemistry compared to Team 2, despite having better scorers.

Oh, and Howard and a healthy Bynum won't fold over too easily against Shaq.

Marbury, Odom, and Sheed are the weak points that also tip the scale towards Team 2.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby dj vitus on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:13 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:try this one:

magic/thomas
jordan/gervin
bird/dr j
moses malone/mchale
kareem/hakeem

They would get steamrolled by

smush/chucky atkins
morris/sasha
devean george/george mccloud
samaki/josh powell
chris mihm/sacre
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby therealdeal on Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:04 pm

dj vitus wrote:Oh, and Howard and a healthy Bynum won't fold over too easily against Shaq.

No offense man, but Shaq would crush those two in his prime. Bynum being the only one with enough in his back pocket to make Shaq work hard.

But in his prime, the only one who could make it a real battle down there is Wilt. Maybe Kareem, but Kareem wasn't really strong enough for Shaq.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby thkthebest on Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:06 pm

dj vitus wrote:This right here leads me to go with Team 2. I understand no one can stop Kobe and Shaq, but Iverson and McGrady are known ball hogs and might not have the right chemistry compared to Team 2, despite having better scorers.

Oh, and Howard and a healthy Bynum won't fold over too easily against Shaq.

Marbury, Odom, and Sheed are the weak points that also tip the scale towards Team 2.

Wait. Howard and Bynum won't fold over too easily against PRIME Shaq? Dwight and the Magic were doubling a 38-year-old Shaq. I don't see him doing anything against prime Shaq. Bynum can probably do a better job...but he's not stopping a prime Shaq either.

I don't understand what's wrong with Odom and Wallace either. Why are they the weak points?
thkthebest

Postby karacha on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:25 pm

In their prime, I think team 1 easily wins. They simply can't guard Shaq, who is an excellent passer; finding AI Mac and Kobe... how do you stop that? AI was an unbelievable slasher and T-Mac and Kobe had pretty much unlimited range on their shot. And you have KG with his mid-range shot too. That's just unfair. Also, team 1 kills defensively.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:11 am

Team 1 and this is without Bias
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Return to NBA Discussion