Who are your top 5 draft picks next year?

Who are your top 5 draft picks next year?

Postby LakersCourt on Sun Nov 30, 2003 9:49 am

This is tough, but I'm going to try and do my best Mark Heisler breakdown here.

1) Orlando Magic- Emeka Okafor-PF Conneticut- IF...and this is a HUGE IF GRANT HILL can actually come back healthy for next season ( 80,81 or 82 games) then the Magic will be playoff bound if they land this guy. I still don't see any reason T-Mac sticks around after next season though.

2) Chicago Bulls- Luol Deng-SF- Duke- Skiles will help, but they will continue to SUCK this year, and definetly be a top 5 lottery team. IF(another IF) Jay Williams, can come back and be 80% of the player he was, the Bulls will have an IMPRessive lineup for next year. Deng was also considered the best last year next to James.

3) Clevland Cavaliers- Dwight Howard- High School SR.- With all the turmoil that is surrounding that team right now. Ricky davis, Darius Miles and others. It would be nice to add a strong Power Forward to complement James for the future.

4) Miami Heat- Pavel Pokelstein- Ukraine- He would have been a top 5 lottery pick last year, but pulled out, because he thought he wasn't ready enough. At 7-3, with very good skills Miami could have found their man.

5) L.A. Clippers- Ben Gorden-PG-Conneticut- The Clippers defeinetly need a Point guard that can run their team, with no real Point Guard gems(i.e. LeBron James) in this years draft, they go for the solid pick.
LakersCourt

Postby rydjorker121 on Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:07 pm

LakersCourt, I like your draft lotto numbers but how can you be so sure that is gonna happen...? I say the five teams with the worst records will get the picks, and here is NBADraft's version of the deal.

Here's how it would likely go anyway:

1. Orlando---Pavel Podkolzine 7'5"--what else? Orlando needs a presence in the middle even though they could survive without it in the East. The guy is tall, can score and complement T-Mac also.

2. Miami--Emeka Okafor 6'9"--Miami needs a real energetic defensive guy to complement the ever-aging Brian Grant, and Okafor could spell that ability.

3. New York--Dwight Howard 6'10"--A Darius Miles type of player who can spell offensive talent for the Knicks and bring some punch at PF while Keith Van Horn is out. Kurt Thomas surely looks like the odd man out.

4. Charlotte Bobcats (forgot about them?)--Josh Smith 6'8"--Very good shooter for the Bobcats, especially they're a new team, he gives them offense from the paint and the perimeter. Plays good D, too, so he can do wonders for them.

5. Atlanta Hawks--Luol Deng 6'8"--Almost like LeBron James. Can hit the three and is a spectacular rebounder and defender. Has hops and mass potential. If the Hawks get him they can put Stephen Jackson at the two and Deng at the three. The Hawks can move Glover to the bench, since they are at need of one.

Under the radar: Ben Gordon, Tiago Splitter, Hakim Warrick, Antoine Wright, Kosta Perovic, Ivan Chivaeriev, Andreis Biedrins

Lakers, by the way, have moved down to the 29th and 59th picks of next year's draft....they say that we could get Kareem Rush's former teammate Rickey Paulding, a 6'5" run-and-jump athletic freak, and Jared Reiner at 59th pick, 6'11" although we may have to send him overseas and waive him being 59th.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and here's what they have to say about Paulding now:
NBA Comparison: Ricky Davis (minus the headaches)

Strengths: A super athlete who flys on the wing for thunderous dunks. A supremely gifted athlete, Ricky can really get off the ground and knows how to finish in traffic. His athletic body makes him a good defender when he wants to be. He has a good handle and is great at rolling off picks…very good at moving with out the ball. Ricky is also an excellent rebounder for his position.

Weaknesses: Shooting needs to improve for him to be more effective. Not the greatest passer...Tends to score and bunches. When he’s on, he's on. When he’s off, he’s really off. Creating his own shot is a another area that could use improvement...Defensively he’s been known to take plays off Overall a super athlete, who will only get better…. Should become a solid NBA'er.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Guest on Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:40 pm

I say we draft Shaq Fan

Postby Guest on Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:41 pm

If he's that good then why 29th?

Postby o0O kb8 O0o on Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:47 pm

Posto wrote:If he's that good then why 29th?

thats wat i was thinkin..
o0O kb8 O0o

Postby Guest on Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:19 pm

I think we should get Darius Rice.

Return to NBA Discussion