Who's Hot and Who's Not 2004

Who's Hot and Who's Not 2004

Postby Kobe834 on Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:00 pm

Who's Hot & Who's Not 2004

The Lakeshow comin' back? Sacramento's Kings
to be dethroned? Got all the answeres to all your
questions on the Fall '03 version of Who's Hot & Who's Not.

Who's Hot

1) Los Angeles Lakers

It's no doubt that the L.A. Lakers are strong contenders every season,but this year, they've not only solidified their PF position , but their PG position as well. And they did it by adding 2 future Hall Of Famers to their already stunning linuep with the dynamic duo of Shaq and Kobe. With O' Neal more dedicated and athletic than ever, Kobe simply being Kobe, Grant, and some very promising rookies joining the Lakers franchise.

2) Miami Heat

With the loss of their premier player, the Miami Heat will no doubt suffer at the Center position, but also will gain in the SF snd PG positions. Looking at the lineup for the Heat, Odom, Jones and Wade will most likely get this team in at least a top 7 seed in the 2003-04 NBA playoffs. In my opinion, the leader will be Wade. His explosiveness to the basket and uncanny ability to ge through even the toughest situations down low is just what Miami needs to succeed. Odom fills the formerly "empty" Small Foward spot, and with his wish coming true( getting out of L.A.) i'm sure he'll make a huge charge next year.

3) Indiana Pacers

What can I say. Carsile, Anderson, Pollard. A nearly wholenew team is on the horizon for the NBA. A great coach can always bring out the best in players as did Rick Carlise did for the Pistons. New job in Indiana. Carsile will definitely not only bring out the best in Bender and Artest, but will lead the team to atleast a conference finals series. NBA, lookout.

4) San Antonio Spurs

Any team coning out of an NBA championship is definitely a contender. With Duncan, and the additions of Mercer and Turkoglu, th adde dmore to their already deep bench. Losing Robison was not the worst case scenerio considering the smart off season moves they made. Nesterovic, a versatile smart player can certanly halp this team out. But what about a SG? Sure Ginobily can be a threat on offense, but his inconsistensy will hurt them. I dont think Smith is in the Spurs future either.

5) Dallas Mavericks

With a now more dominating starting lineup, i think one of the smartest off season moves was the trade for Jamison.We all knew the Mavs were going to be a threat this season, but its no suprise that team is one of the "Hot" teams this upcoming year.

Who's Not

1) Sacramento Kings

Looks to me that ever since their battle with the champs, these kings are declining. With the loss of Turkoglu and Pollard, the Kings hardly got anything back. Brad miller is a great player, but the King missed out on bidding on FA's earlier, like Campbell, and Nestorovic. The kings, to me are and will be a One Hit Wonder for some time, and they will regret in the long run waiting at the last minute to make their move.

2) Utah Jazz

Need I say more? This team lost their 2 star players and have nothing left! No Maggete, no Terry, and no Keon. Theres really nothing left for the Jazz, but to be, well, the next Clippers, I guess.

3) L.A. Clippers

Losing 3 starters doomed the Clippersfranchise even more than it already was.With Odom, Olowakandi, and Piatowski gone, The Clips will soon find themselves searching for answers. Elton Brand and Corey Magette alone, cant save this team and put it together. Most of all however, one of the stupiest things the Clipperscould do was to draft Chris Kaman. They missed out on possible point gaurds like Luk Rindour and Micheal Piertu. They really need to think ahead next time.
Kobe834

Postby SWOL on Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:50 am

hey i dont like the Queens....but they are still a good team, dude, like it or not they are gonna be in the thick of it man :man7:
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby SWOL on Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:51 am

No T-Wolves, on that list, No Rockets, no Phoenix, none of the up and coming teams
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby BDG on Tue Sep 30, 2003 4:17 pm

I'm gonna move this to NBA Smack.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Return to NBA Discussion