who is the most underated and overated player in the nba?

are there too many overated and underated players in the nba?

yes
14
93%
no
1
6%
 
Total votes : 15

Postby K-O-punch on Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:30 pm

i'm talking about brent barry here being underrated here, not jon barry.

brent can shoot, dish, and finish the break with the best of em.
User avatar
K-O-punch

 
Posts: 590
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:19 pm

Postby Starbury AJD on Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:34 pm

FantizzleFizzle wrote:i'm talking about brent barry here being underrated here, not jon barry.

brent can shoot, dish, and finish the break with the best of em.


Oh I guess i misread. (sorry) Jon Bary is who i was talking about. (another thing about Jon, he commits like 4 fouls in like 30 seconds)
Starbury AJD

 
Posts: 537
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:31 pm
Location: NY

Postby Realm of Shadows on Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:40 pm

Overrated:

Steve Francis
Duncrap (he was not last years MVP)
Tony Parker

Underrated:
Steve Nash (he runs the firepower house that is Dallas)
Josh Howard
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
732
User avatar
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo
 
Posts: 21818
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:13 pm
Location: USC by way of Los Angeles

Postby lakersfan9 on Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:18 pm

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:Elton Brand and Andrei Kirilenko are underrated. No one talks about these two, especially Brand. He is #2 in efficiency and didn't make the all-star team but Ray Allen, who plays 20 games did.
how is andre kerinko or however you spell it underated man he made the all star team over camrlo vach randoplph and antion walker etc
lakersfan9

 

Postby lakersfan9 on Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:20 pm

Starbury AJD wrote:
FantizzleFizzle wrote:i'm talking about brent barry here being underrated here, not jon barry.

brent can shoot, dish, and finish the break with the best of em.


Oh I guess i misread. (sorry) Jon Bary is who i was talking about. (another thing about Jon, he commits like 4 fouls in like 30 seconds)
damn you agree with everyone but you have storng points
lakersfan9

 

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:23 pm

Kirilenko is underrated in the way he gets attention with the media. We hear about Ben Wallace every week about his blocks when that's all he does. He can't steal and has no offensive game.
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers
 
Posts: 12195
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:43 am
Location: Buena Park, CA

Postby Kobe's Empire on Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:11 am

underrated is shawn marion and


PAO GASOL 100%....both guys are truely amazing. marion can do it AAAAAALLLL. nash i think so as well, even though he annoys me....nash is a GREAT pg, great shooter and can creat alot, but his D sucks. also joe johnson is pretty underrated....

overrated: alot....iverson, t-mac, pierce, francis, vince blah
User avatar
Kobe's Empire

 
Posts: 3681
Joined: Thu May 15, 2003 3:08 pm
Location: La Crescenta/Glendale, California

Postby Mookie on Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:50 am

I Think Kobe is underrated, no one gives him the credit he deserves, even the most dominant player (shaq) says he's the best player in the universe, something about him that other poeple dont like him.

I still hear that Iverson Carter and McGrady are better thats total bull.


others include

Underrated:
Nene
Michael Redd

Overated
Vince Carter
Iverson
Webber
User avatar
Mookie

 
Posts: 7160
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:14 pm
Location: North America

Postby SWOL on Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:00 am

keyindabox wrote:
swolswol wrote:UNDER

BOBBY JACKSON- DUDE IS A STUD, AND IF HE PLAYED ANYWHERE ELSE HE'D BE ANB ALL-STAR CALABIR PG

DONYELL MARSHALL- HE IS SCORING LIKE 20 POINTS AND PULLIN LIKE 12 BOARDS A GAME SINCE HE ARRIVED IN TORONTO

THE ENTIRE MEMPHIS TEAM- THEY HAVE 10 GUYS WHO ARE FLAT OUT STUDS AND ALL OF THEM ARE UNDERRATED

OVER

ALLAN HOUSTON- THERE ARE 98 MILLION REASON WHY

RAY ALLEN- NICE STATS, NO RESULTS, NO DEFENSE, NOT WORTH MAX MONEY, NOR SHOULD HE HAVE MADE THE ALL-STAR TEAM OVER MELO

THE ENTIRE DALLAS TEAM- OVER RATED, SOFT ASSS, NO D, NO HEART


Aight yo, first of all, I agree with you about all those except my boy h20. Now I think you say he's overrated just because he has a high-paying contract. Well see swolswol, I actually think Allan Houston is underrated. See, he has been carrying Knicks on his back ever since Scott Layden the qorst GM ever kicked his butt out of NY. And finally Houston has Starbury to help him out with the load. And even better, h20 has a lot of other productive players helping. And I think the best thing about Houston is that he isn't a cry baby. He had to go through a lot of garbage years with the Knicks, did he ever whine? No. He does what he has to do, and that is perform well on the court, not run his mouth on the TV and newspapers. And h20's knees have been really bothering him for a while now, but he has never whined about it. He played through the pain and then he finally took a break which he had no say in. His knees needed a rest. He has been a warrior his whole career and he still doesnt whine about anything. And when playoff time comes, he turns it on. So you can think what you want, but I think h20 is underrated. Just because he doesnt do 360 dunks and crap like that makes him not that important? Come on you must be kidding me. Basketball is about skill, but also about heart and drive. And Houston has always given it all. Its not about strutting or wearing ice to a game, its about giving it all you got. And that's why h20 does. He is a warrior.

P.S. Has houston ever complained about not winning a championship or being on a losing team? No.


COULD NOT DISAGREE MORE.....I THINK THE ONLY GUY ON THE TEAM THAT IS NOT OVERPAID IS STEPH. WHAT MAKES ALAN A WARRIOR?? WHEN I THINK OF TOUGHNESS ALAN HOUSTON IS ONE OF THE LAST GUYS I THINK OF. AND THE ONLY REASON HE HAS HAD TO ENDURE THE CRAPPY YEARS, (REMEMBER HE WENT TO THE FINALS IN 99), IS BECAUSE HIS CONTRACT IS SO OUT OF WACK NO TEAM WILL TAKE HIM, THEY ACTUALLY HAD TO TRADE THE BETTER PLAYER (SPREWELL) INSTEAD OF ALAN BECAUSE HIS CONTRACT WAS REASONABLE. THE KNICKS HAVE THE TWO OF THE 3 WORST 100 MILLION DOLLAR PLAYERS IN NBA HISTORY....HAS ALAN EVEN BEEN TO AN ALL-STAR GAME, JEFF VAN GUNDY USED TO TRY AND SAY HE HAD AS MUCH GAME AS JORDAN BUT JUST LACKED THE CONFIDENCE...YEAH WHATEVER THATS LIKE COMPARING MARK MADSEN TO LARRY BIRD.....HATE TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE, I GERNERALLY LIKE KNICK FANS BUT HOUSTON IS OVER PAID AND OVER-RATED
Image
User avatar
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest
 
Posts: 13197
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:13 am
Location: Where Brooklyn at?

Postby SnakeDoctor on Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:57 pm

Not to burst your bubble lakersfan9, but the poll question doesnt make any sense. A 'no' vote means that there arent enough overrated and underrated players in the nba??? :man7:

Youre better off just starting a topic on who is the most overrated/underrated player in the nba. Ease up on the polls for us here por favor..........
User avatar
SnakeDoctor

 
Posts: 806
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:53 pm
Location: The LBC

Postby lakersfan9 on Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:39 pm

SnakeDoctor wrote:Not to burst your bubble lakersfan9, but the poll question doesnt make any sense. A 'no' vote means that there arent enough overrated and underrated players in the nba??? :man7:

Youre better off just starting a topic on who is the most overrated/underrated player in the nba. Ease up on the polls for us here por favor..........
alright i wont make any more polls
lakersfan9

 

Postby lakerfanimal on Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:44 pm

overrated- sac (never proven SHI**** in the playoffs) houston toni kukoc n eddie jones n ray allen n chris anderson n rodney rodgers
underrated- k mart, kobe, kurt thomas, wade, alston, malone, jermaine o neal
ImageImage
User avatar
lakerfanimal

 
Posts: 4140
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:17 am
Location: irvine

Postby Kobe's Empire on Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:38 pm

true, kobe is still the most underrated player in the game because he plays along side of Diesel and two dinos (which are still pretty damn effective), but pao gasol and shawn marion are extremely underrated and deserve their due. there are alot of overrated players...just go look at sportscenter highlights, who ever makes a little play they go nuts over, yet they always try to find a way to bash the layyyykaas.

do u smell 4?
User avatar
Kobe's Empire

 
Posts: 3681
Joined: Thu May 15, 2003 3:08 pm
Location: La Crescenta/Glendale, California

Postby lakersfan9 on Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:14 pm

i mena vince is koo but he is truly the most underated player in the history of the nba, i mean if he didnt win the dunk contest in 2000 we wouldnt even heard of him
lakersfan9

 

Postby o0O kb8 O0o on Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:53 pm

wats wid all these polls...
User avatar
o0O kb8 O0o

 
Posts: 1102
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 2:19 pm
Location: yAy area

Postby Kobe's Empire on Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:17 pm

pao gasol, shawn marion, and kobe to end this topic hopefully
User avatar
Kobe's Empire

 
Posts: 3681
Joined: Thu May 15, 2003 3:08 pm
Location: La Crescenta/Glendale, California

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.