who is the most underated and overated player in the nba?

are there too many overated and underated players in the nba?

yes
93%
no
6%

Total votes : 15

who is the most underated and overated player in the nba?

Postby lakersfan9 on Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:50 am

my choice is ricky davis lamar odom and gilbert arenas are the most underated players in the nba, and overated has to be allen iverson.
lakersfan9

Postby Guest on Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:01 am

I don't know about underrated players, but to me, Steve Francis is the most overrated. Give the ball to Yao buddy, because it's his team and you better f'n get used to it.

Postby T I on Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:04 am

Zzzzzzz
Laker Fan since 1954
T I

Postby KoToTheB on Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:40 am

Most overrated -

1. Vince Carter, really never done much since his rookie phenom year, also very injury prone, and unproven in the playoffs
2. Andre Miller, sure he looked good in cleveland before lebron, because he was the only option really, and no one else would hustle for rebounds so he put up good #'s. In LA he couldnt do anything and now he is mediocre
3. Antoine Walker - hes the second coming of Terry Porter and yet he gets talk of 6th man, you gotta be kidding me. The mavs play such crazy offense, with no defense, that you have to take 5 points off their average just to bring threm back to reality. its easy to have energy to score if you just bomb wide open 3's all day and never give any effort on defense. Plus hes extremely slow and supb par defender

Most underrated -
1. Richard hamilton, really never has gotten the respect he deserves, but has done great things in Detroit, awesome scorer, and extremely
underrated defender
2. dwayne Wade - without the hype, he may deserve to be rookie of the year, but NBA politics will never allow their golden boy not to have it.
3. Flip Murray - gonna be amazing
4. Bobby jackson, maybe its just how he plays the Lakers, but eh could START on 28 NBA teams.
5. Shawn Marion - hes the Matrix, exactly the type of NBA player that everyone would like to be like, crazy athleticism, handles, and wheels, also seems to possess uncanny court vision and knowledge of basketball for his age.
KoToTheB

Postby Guest on Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:05 am

KoToTheB wrote:Most overrated -

1. Vince Carter, really never done much since his rookie phenom year, also very injury prone, and unproven in the playoffs
2. Andre Miller, sure he looked good in cleveland before lebron, because he was the only option really, and no one else would hustle for rebounds so he put up good #'s. In LA he couldnt do anything and now he is mediocre
3. Antoine Walker - hes the second coming of Terry Porter and yet he gets talk of 6th man, you gotta be kidding me. The mavs play such crazy offense, with no defense, that you have to take 5 points off their average just to bring threm back to reality. its easy to have energy to score if you just bomb wide open 3's all day and never give any effort on defense. Plus hes extremely slow and supb par defender

Most underrated -
1. Richard hamilton, really never has gotten the respect he deserves, but has done great things in Detroit, awesome scorer, and extremely
underrated defender
2. dwayne Wade - without the hype, he may deserve to be rookie of the year, but NBA politics will never allow their golden boy not to have it.
3. Flip Murray - gonna be amazing
4. Bobby jackson, maybe its just how he plays the Lakers, but eh could START on 28 NBA teams.
5. Shawn Marion - hes the Matrix, exactly the type of NBA player that everyone would like to be like, crazy athleticism, handles, and wheels, also seems to possess uncanny court vision and knowledge of basketball for his age.
That's a pretty good list of overrated players. I forgot about Antoine Walker, and you're right, Carter is more hype than actual game. You can also add Mike Bibby. He's only known for his play against us in the 2002 WCF.

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:05 pm

T I wrote:Zzzzzzz

Haha.. Exactly.

And of course the answer to your poll is Yes.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby SWOL on Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:46 pm

UNDER

BOBBY JACKSON- DUDE IS A STUD, AND IF HE PLAYED ANYWHERE ELSE HE'D BE ANB ALL-STAR CALABIR PG

DONYELL MARSHALL- HE IS SCORING LIKE 20 POINTS AND PULLIN LIKE 12 BOARDS A GAME SINCE HE ARRIVED IN TORONTO

THE ENTIRE MEMPHIS TEAM- THEY HAVE 10 GUYS WHO ARE FLAT OUT STUDS AND ALL OF THEM ARE UNDERRATED

OVER

ALLAN HOUSTON- THERE ARE 98 MILLION REASON WHY

RAY ALLEN- NICE STATS, NO RESULTS, NO DEFENSE, NOT WORTH MAX MONEY, NOR SHOULD HE HAVE MADE THE ALL-STAR TEAM OVER MELO

THE ENTIRE DALLAS TEAM- OVER RATED, SOFT ASSS, NO D, NO HEART
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby Musttang87 on Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:47 pm

overrated: A.I, vince carter, steve f. and also the entire queens/mavs team that play the worst defence in the league and talk about making a championship run.

underated: carlos boozer, bobby jackson(he averages like 28 points per 48 min!), marcus camby, the matrix, ELTON BRAND(should be at mvp level at he doesnt even make allstar team WTF), Z randolf (should be most improved player of the year)
Musttang87

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:59 pm

I thought this poll was gonna consist of a list to choose from... But that's the NBA's way of marketing players and teams. Under rated guys don't get the love because they aren't "entertainers" like these over rated ones.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Kb8theGreat on Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:50 pm

Under Jason Williams Over Vc :jam2:
Kobe is the Future of our franchise no matter if you like it or not.
Kb8theGreat

Postby JSM on Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:43 pm

If Grant Hill is even rated, then he is overrated.

JT and Dalembert are underrated
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Starbury AJD on Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:57 pm

jsm0331 wrote:If Grant Hill is even rated, then he is overrated.

Took the words right out of my mouth. (kurt thomas is SO underrated)[/b]
Starbury AJD

Postby JSM on Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:01 pm

Jerry Stackhouse is also very overrated. All he did was complain when Jordan was there and then spends the whole next season on the IR, good job Stack....learn to keep your mouth shut
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Starbury AJD on Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:05 pm

Yeah he's out 4 the year. He's a bum.

2 more underrated players: Jason Terry and Stephen Jackson.
Starbury AJD

Postby SWOL on Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:07 pm

jsm0331 wrote:If Grant Hill is even rated, then he is overrated.

I HOPE YOU SONT MEAN JASON TERRY, HE SUX, HE SHOOTS LIKE 25 TIMES A GAME IF HE WERE ON A DIFF TEAM HE'D AV LIKE 8 PPG
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby Starbury AJD on Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:12 pm

I did. He has a 42% FG percentage. Not bad. He will drain plenty out of those 25 shots.
Starbury AJD

Postby shaqpak34 on Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:15 pm

HOW THE FRIGGIN HECK IS GRANT HILL OVERRATED?????!?!??? :man7: :man7: :man7:

he coulda been the best small forward of all time, stupid injuries screwed him over, i dont think he counts either...man that man could do everyhting, hed average 25 10 and 8,

defeinately one of the best to grace the game, but he got screwed by the injuries

and btw, AI is NOT overrated....just cus he dont win championships dont mean he overrated...he led his team to the finals against us, how many other teams did that other than the GOOD nets team, and the pacer team???

VC also was doing good pretty good in the playoffs, the first year they got elimintate4d, but the year after, they barely lost to the sixers on a shot at the buzzer

i dont think he is overrated just cus of an injury

and btw, hes pretty much back, he had 25 yesterday, and hes slowly reachin his old form

i agree he hasnt lived up to his hype, but at the same time he isnt a BUSt or THE MOST overrated player in the nba

that title is reserved for antoin walker

why do u shoot so many threes???

cus ther aint no fours

THE MOST UNDERRTED PLAYER IS ELTON BRAND BY FAR

HE SHUD BE A PERENNIAL ALL STARR BUT NOBODY TALKS BOUT HIM CUS HES ON THE CLIPS
Last edited by shaqpak34 on Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shaqpak34

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:16 pm

Elton Brand and Andrei Kirilenko are underrated. No one talks about these two, especially Brand. He is #2 in efficiency and didn't make the all-star team but Ray Allen, who plays 20 games did.
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby Starbury AJD on Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:18 pm

True, same with Magette(underrated)....Not to mention that nobody mentions Penny Hardaway anyomore. He's tering it up in NYC....You guys hould se him he's really goood now. (I aint BSin you)
Starbury AJD

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:23 pm

Rafer Alston is underrated too, whenever I see the box score of the Heat he always puts up 15 points and 7-9 assists although it doesn't appear that way in his average. Richard Jefferson is definately overrated. I should not be hearing more about him than Elton Brand. Amare Stoudemire seems underrated in terms of media attention but it could be just me. He still puts up awesome numbers and I never hear about it. Lawrence Frank is overrated.
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby Starbury AJD on Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:24 pm

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:Rafer Alston is underrated too, whenever I see the box score of the Heat he always puts up 15 points and 7-9 assists although it doesn't appear that way in his average. Richard Jefferson is definately overrated. I should not be hearing more about him than Elton Brand. Amare Stoudemire seems underrated in terms of media attention but it could be just me. He still puts up awesome numbers and I never hear about it. Lawrence Frank is overrated.

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU! (NETS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Starbury AJD

Postby keyindabox on Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:57 pm

swolswol wrote:UNDER

BOBBY JACKSON- DUDE IS A STUD, AND IF HE PLAYED ANYWHERE ELSE HE'D BE ANB ALL-STAR CALABIR PG

DONYELL MARSHALL- HE IS SCORING LIKE 20 POINTS AND PULLIN LIKE 12 BOARDS A GAME SINCE HE ARRIVED IN TORONTO

THE ENTIRE MEMPHIS TEAM- THEY HAVE 10 GUYS WHO ARE FLAT OUT STUDS AND ALL OF THEM ARE UNDERRATED

OVER

ALLAN HOUSTON- THERE ARE 98 MILLION REASON WHY

RAY ALLEN- NICE STATS, NO RESULTS, NO DEFENSE, NOT WORTH MAX MONEY, NOR SHOULD HE HAVE MADE THE ALL-STAR TEAM OVER MELO

THE ENTIRE DALLAS TEAM- OVER RATED, SOFT ASSS, NO D, NO HEART

Aight yo, first of all, I agree with you about all those except my boy h20. Now I think you say he's overrated just because he has a high-paying contract. Well see swolswol, I actually think Allan Houston is underrated. See, he has been carrying Knicks on his back ever since Scott Layden the qorst GM ever kicked his butt out of NY. And finally Houston has Starbury to help him out with the load. And even better, h20 has a lot of other productive players helping. And I think the best thing about Houston is that he isn't a cry baby. He had to go through a lot of garbage years with the Knicks, did he ever whine? No. He does what he has to do, and that is perform well on the court, not run his mouth on the TV and newspapers. And h20's knees have been really bothering him for a while now, but he has never whined about it. He played through the pain and then he finally took a break which he had no say in. His knees needed a rest. He has been a warrior his whole career and he still doesnt whine about anything. And when playoff time comes, he turns it on. So you can think what you want, but I think h20 is underrated. Just because he doesnt do 360 dunks and crap like that makes him not that important? Come on you must be kidding me. Basketball is about skill, but also about heart and drive. And Houston has always given it all. Its not about strutting or wearing ice to a game, its about giving it all you got. And that's why h20 does. He is a warrior.

P.S. Has houston ever complained about not winning a championship or being on a losing team? No.
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks

Postby K-O-punch on Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:16 pm

i think allen iverson use to be very overrated, not anymore tho, since no one considered him as a top 5 player anymore.

i mean, gilbert arenas can shoot 10-25 every game if he's given the green light.

people just love him because of his compact size, and his gangsta persona sells.
K-O-punch

Postby K-O-punch on Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:16 pm

underrated?brent barry!!!
K-O-punch

Postby Starbury AJD on Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:27 pm

FantizzleFizzle wrote:underrated?brent barry!!!

Agreed. He can't pass or dribble or rebound. All je can do is shoot.
Starbury AJD

Next

Return to NBA Discussion