Why did Odom decline so fast?

Re: Why did Odom decline so fast?

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:55 pm

Like it has been said, LO is sensetive and the trade from the Lakers was a huge blow to him. You don't lose that type of talent especially when his game wasn't dictated by athleticism. I really don't think he enjoys how the Clippers play the game. I really think the only team he could play even close to his norm is the Lakers.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby lakersStan24 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:03 am

I Do hope He returns to the lakers some day he is one of my all time favourites
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby Chopper on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:54 am

It's the lack of Kobe. I know people complain that KObe doesnt make players better but he's such a lightning rod and hard driving force on your team that it can create an atmosphere where lesser players can flourish and be pushed at the same time.

Kobe attracts all the criticism. protects the rest of the team a lot from that. He also sets an internal standard for drive.
Chopper

Postby gcclaker on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:47 am

Chopper wrote:It's the lack of Kobe. I know people complain that Kobe doesnt make players better but he's such a lightning rod and hard driving force on your team that it can create an atmosphere where lesser players can flourish and be pushed at the same time.

Kobe attracts all the criticism. protects the rest of the team a lot from that. He also sets an internal standard for drive.

Bryant is a large component of it but Odom thinks of him as a big brother too. He was a Laker for what? Six years? A family like athmosphere where he felt needed and loved? Odom's life has been filled with tragedy so for a period there he was in a place that he felt comfortable in which he flourished as a player and better yet as a person. Then he was thrust into an unfamiliar environment. Different place...different people. It's not a big deal to most players but him it is. I agree with what Kasumi wrote. It threw him off and has been trying to recover ever since. Odom was so upset that he demanded a trade feeling betrayed unlike Gasol who dealt with it. There is a marked difference in upraising background between the two.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Elle on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:37 am

I think Lamar’s issues are all mental, I doubt anyone ever taught him how to properly cope with all the bad things that have happened to him since childhood. The guy lost his mother at 12, a son and his grandmother and had a father that was a flake, I don’t know how he kept it together for so long, I think the trade was the straw that broke the camels back but it was a long time coming, I really don’t know how he managed to keep it together for so long, at this point he probably needs to stop playing and get some professional help to work through his issues.
Elle

Postby Iceberg Slim on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:17 pm

Short answer: Mentally weak
www.thesportslyceum.com - personal blog

Iceberg Slim

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion