Why is everyone all of a sudden taking a dig at Micheal?

Why is everyone all of a sudden taking a dig at Micheal?

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:17 pm

Lmao that's odd because over the years his legacy was untouchable and no one dare to be better than him or mentioned in the same sentence lol.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhfFJayI0Cu1J1PDcI
Jazzygirl205

Re: Why is everyone all of a sudden taking a dig at Micheal?

Postby nameant on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:23 pm

1) It's not a "dig" to say he wasn't the greatest, it's an opinion.
2) Salley is a known Piston homer.

EDIT: And what's up with this "LeBron can guard all 5 positions" crap? Anybody can guard all 5 positions, it doesn't mean they can do it well. "Never mistake activity for achievement".
nameant

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:37 pm

nameant wrote:1) It's not a "dig" to say he wasn't the greatest, it's an opinion.

EDIT: And what's up with this "LeBron can guard all 5 positions" crap? Anybody can guard all 5 positions, it doesn't mean they can do it well. "Never mistake activity for achievement".

Unfurtunatly I never got to see Magic play but from what I can tell from clips he's a much better passer than Lebron and he even played center during the finals while Kareem was out if I'm not mistaken? (I think he even played every position in that game but I may be wrong.)
During an era where dominant bigs still existed he managed to score 42 points. And he was still in his rookie year. We live in a "what have you done for me lately" era where people tend to forget great players actually existed before Lebron.
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby dj vitus on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:39 pm

KBJelleyBean24 wrote:
nameant wrote:1) It's not a "dig" to say he wasn't the greatest, it's an opinion.

Unfurtunatly I never got to see Magic play but from what I can tell from clips he's a much better passer than Lebron and he even played center during the finals while Kareem was out if I'm not mistaken? (I think he even played every position in that game but I may be wrong.)
During an era where dominant bigs still existed he managed to score 42 points. And he was still in his rookie year. We live in a "what have you done for me lately" era where people tend to forget great players actually existed before Lebron.

Wait, what? Really??? :man4: :man4: :man4:

:man11:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Finwë on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:11 pm

:man10: :man10:
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby kenzo on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:31 am

dj vitus wrote:
KBJelleyBean24 wrote:

Wait, what? Really??? :man4: :man4: :man4:

:man11:

No, they didn't... just ask :bspn:
Last edited by kenzo on Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
kenzo

Postby purp n gold on Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:00 am

The MVP + Finals MVP + Gold Medal year for LBJ/MJ is just a discussion point for slow summer days in sports media. If anything I see it as a testament to how boring baseball is.

There have been other MVP + Finals MVP winners in the past. Isn't it just a matter of probability until one of those guys gets a Gold Medal in the process?

Getting the Gold Medal is a merit on it's own, but to me it's not any more or less impressive when combined with the MVP and Finals MVP accolades.

To get MVP + Finals MVP soundly places you as the best player in the world, it's only natural that the best player leads his team to gold.

[hate]In a way, LeBron is lucky that his transcendent year fell on an Olympic year[/hate]. Jordan is lucky that the Olympic committee allowed pros to play '92. If Kobe won the 'ship in '08, he would have shared the same luck.

For discussion's sake, the more LeBron wins I find him less and less like Jordan. Jordan did it with the desire the crush his opponents, LeBron wants to have fun doing it.

You can argue he's more Magic than Jordan. He's not close to either at this point, but you already knew that.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:34 pm

Magic was all business in the playoffs. He had fun, but he respected the game enough to put on his business face when the moment was big. LeBron and Dwight to some degree allay their own fears in the big moment by "having fun".

LeBron is more of a passer than MJ and Kobe, but he's a point-forward, not a shooting guard. It's always been easier for point guards to take over a game, and make everyone better. It's the nature of the position. It's much harder as a shooting guard to take over the game, since you don't run the offense. That's one of the reasons why Kobe and MJ are so impressive. Taking over a game (and the league) at the SG position is really difficult. It's much easier to put your stamp on a game at the PG or point-forward position.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:16 pm

Because lebron is that good
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby purp n gold on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:34 pm

V.V.V.V.V. wrote:LeBron is more of a passer than MJ and Kobe, but he's a point-forward, not a shooting guard. It's always been easier for point guards to take over a game, and make everyone better. It's the nature of the position. It's much harder as a shooting guard to take over the game, since you don't run the offense. That's one of the reasons why Kobe and MJ are so impressive. Taking over a game (and the league) at the SG position is really difficult. It's much easier to put your stamp on a game at the PG or point-forward position.

This is a very fair point. It applies for maybe 90% of the game. But I think there comes a time in the game, regardless of position, when your alpha dog just says "give me the damn ball". Despite being the point-power-forward for much of his career, LeBron wasn't that guy until last season.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby ben_ready on Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:50 pm

Screw Michael I never cheered him as a bull. Laker fan through and through. I respect his talent but I've never thought he was better than magic only league marketing wise. And why people act like someone can't be better than him? And don't give me that I've never seen such and such play bull, cause people never seen babe Ruth and Ted Williams play but sure make claims as them being the best.

I'm not a labron fan but he does have the intangibles of potentially being the best when it's said and done, but can we wait till he's hung em up first to have the discussion! Yell™
great "scott"! you're too "green", and not "worthy" enough to taste the "magic" "kareem"(cream)/You flew the "coop" "west" so don't fuss just drive the "buss"(bus),while i eat my "chick" n' "stu"(chicken stew) in the aisle,"back 2 back" with "riles" my favorite laker squad
ben_ready

Return to NBA Discussion