Will Jason Terry be able to leave Atlanta?

Will Jason Terry be able to leave Atlanta?

Postby JSM on Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:13 pm

The Jazz has signed Terry to an offer sheet, they finally came to terms and were able to agree on a contract. Whether the Hawks will match that offer is unknown, if they do then they got 15 days to do so.

If the Hawks want to win any games next year, then they better match the offer, unless they are going to let Shareef play all the positions. This would be a key addition to the Jazz, if they are able to get JT, since they lost Malone and Stockton, and only added Clark.
http://sportsline.com/nba/story/6633549
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby JSM on Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:33 pm

Here is the statement the Hawks released about the signing

Hawks
On the afternoon of September 11, we received notification from the Utah Jazz indicating a contract offer had been extended to restricted free agent guard Jason Terry. We fully intend to consider the terms of the deal over the next 15 days, and while this process develops, we will not make any public comments regarding this matter.
JSM

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:14 pm

jsm0331 wrote:Here is the statement the Hawks released about the signing

Hawks
On the afternoon of September 11, we received notification from the Utah Jazz indicating a contract offer had been extended to restricted free agent guard Jason Terry. We fully intend to consider the terms of the deal over the next 15 days, and while this process develops, we will not make any public comments regarding this matter.

let him go...

The Jazz need him more...the Hawks are doomed, they might as well trade Shareef for Grant Hill while they are at it for more cap room....
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:16 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:the Hawks are doomed, they might as well trade Shareef for Grant Hill while they are at it for more cap room....

Don't give them any ideas
JSM

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:38 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:the Hawks are doomed, they might as well trade Shareef for Grant Hill while they are at it for more cap room....

Don't give them any ideas

LOL it was jus a "suggestion"

hell the way they traded Glenn Robinson(for an injured player who will retire) they might as well trade Shareef for an injured player who is goin to retire(grant hill)

actually, another POSSIBLE scenario...

Atlanta should trade Shareef to Boston for Baker

i think Boston is DYING for another CONSISTENT scorer since walker is VERY inconsistent and takes too many shots...
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:57 pm

Terry doesn't want the Hawks to match the offer made to him by the Jazz, then again who would.
Terry:
"I'd like to start my career all over again. It's been very tough this summer, just sitting around and waiting for something to get done. (with the Hawks) I put the time in, they should have rewarded me." And when they didn't he decided to sign with the Jazz. " "Utah has made it pretty tough for them, hopefully, they won't." (match the offer) He also said that if he plays in Utah, "I'll be playing in front of more fans than I ever did in Atlanta."
http://www.sltrib.com/2003/Sep/09122003/sports/91812.asp
JSM

Postby JSM on Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:14 pm

the jazz made him an offer of a 3 year contract for 24 million
JSM

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Sep 14, 2003 5:18 pm

jsm0331 wrote:the jazz made him an offer of a 3 year contract for 24 million

wow, so he'll be rackin in about 8 million a year for tha next 3 years...

any idea if there is any options on tha 2nd or 3rd year of tha contract?

I think the Hawks can match that offer easily....they shoulda made a better offer, maybe a 5 or 6 year offer for about 50 mil
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Sun Sep 14, 2003 5:24 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:any idea if there is any options on tha 2nd or 3rd year of tha contract? I think the Hawks can match that offer easily....they shoulda made a better offer, maybe a 5 or 6 year offer for about 50 mil

I haven't heard anything about 2nd or 3rd year options, yet. The Hawks could match it, but will they. Keep in mind, at the beginning of this off season, they said they didn't want to spend much on him, and they are trying to clear out cap room and get rid of big salaries, so I don't see them giving him a 50 million dollar contract.
JSM

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Sep 14, 2003 5:36 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:any idea if there is any options on tha 2nd or 3rd year of tha contract? I think the Hawks can match that offer easily....they shoulda made a better offer, maybe a 5 or 6 year offer for about 50 mil

I haven't heard anything about 2nd or 3rd year options, yet. The Hawks could match it, but will they. Keep in mind, at the beginning of this off season, they said they didn't want to spend much on him, and they are trying to clear out cap room and get rid of big salaries, so I don't see them giving him a 50 million dollar contract.

sorry i didnt say that right...i meant the JAZZZ shoulda offered Terry a better contract, 3 yrs 24 mil? sounds too easy to match dont you think? They shoulda added more years to that, i mean they shoulda jus offered him everythin they had since they might have gone WAY under the salary cap after losing so many players and not gettin any luck this offseason with restricted FAs...
FabFourLakers

Return to NBA Discussion