will the Raptors, Blazers, & Nets trade actually happen?

will the Raptors, Blazers, & Nets trade actually happen?

Postby JSM on Sun Sep 14, 2003 4:17 pm

It would make sense for all the teams, except for, well, the Raptors who would only get Deke :man7: .

The Nets would add Wallace to a froncourt that already has Zo, and that would give them two good big men in the East, and almost guarantee them a 3rd straight trip to the NBA Finals. All this would be contingent on if Scott can handle Wallace, and attempt to tame him. Perhaps, he should make a call to Phil and get tips on how to handle or tame a wild player, remember Phil had one of the wildest ones, Rodman.

The Blazers, who are in a bit of rebuilding phase, like a lot of other teams in the league, are trying to get rid of some of there players that are troublemakers, and Wallace is certainly one of them. They would be adding a not so troublesome PF in Martin, and another big man, Davis. They would have a lot of good big men on their team-A. Davis, Martin, D. Davis, and Raldolph.

As for the Raptors, they have never had a great inside presence, and seem to be getting this one a few years too late, he is out of his prime, but Deke can still play some D. It boggles me though, why they would be so infatuated with Deke though, :man7: , especially at this stage of his career.

There must be a good chance of this trade going down or Deke wouldn't be so concerned about it, where he tells friends that he thinks he is on his way to the Raptors.

Please keep any talk or posts about this trade here, instead of creating other threads about it, it will save some room
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby rydjorker121 on Sun Sep 14, 2003 4:53 pm

yeah, personally I like the trade....

Raptors get Deke for Antonio (all right, they need a legit center--not bad)

Portland gets Antonio and KMart for Rasheed (may even be a ripoff--Martin's developing and Tonio's not bad)

Nets trade Martin and Deke for Wallace (cut salary? Not good for the Nets.)

it seems that everyones satisfied in the trade.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Sep 14, 2003 5:34 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:yeah, personally I like the trade....

Raptors get Deke for Antonio (all right, they need a legit center--not bad)

Portland gets Antonio and KMart for Rasheed (may even be a ripoff--Martin's developing and Tonio's not bad)

Nets trade Martin and Deke for Wallace (cut salary? Not good for the Nets.)

it seems that everyones satisfied in the trade.

i LIKE this trade but then again i DONT like this trade for a couple of reasons...

first off, Zo wants to TRY IT OUT playin with Mutumbo again, jus like they used to back in tha Georgetown days...I mean look at this GARGANTUAN lineup if they dont trade Deke and Martin:

Mutumbo
Mourning
Martin
Jefferson
Kidd

basically everyone can play their "natural" positions, Martin can finally play SF, where he can post up the smaller SFs and take tha PFs off tha dribble, and Jefferson would be a BIG 2 guard, and Mourning and Mutumbo can handle tha big men in tha west!

But then again, if they DO trade DEKE and Martin, they'd be lookin at BOTH short term AND long term...of course they are gettin a LEGIT #1 scorin option in Rasheed Wallace, and he can threaten every other western conference team with his ability to go inside-out! And i believe they would be gettin rid of a HUGE salary from Deke(17+mil), and lettin Martin go to Portland where he MIGHT get a contract extension that hes "worthy" of...But i believe Sheed will be a FA next summer? So that opens up alot of options for tha nets...maybe they could sign a BIG TIME FA like Garnett?

This trade cannot hurt the blazers in any way, they'd be gettin pretty much tha same player as Wallace in Martin, except Martin has more aggression and might suit tha blazers style of play? And then they could re-unite tha Davis Brothers (back in Indiana, these guys were tha [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]!), and the Blazers would automatically have more aggression and strength down low...

As for tha raptors, they'd FINALLY have a TRUE center, even tho they had Hakeem for a bit, he was out of his prime, but so is Deke, maybe they are using him for major salara cap relief in 2 years? WHO KNOWS

This trade has lots of pros and cons to it, but i think it would work out for every team, but even if tha nets dont make this trade they wont be missin much
FabFourLakers

Return to NBA Discussion