J-Williams has no feeling in his left leg

J-Williams has no feeling in his left leg

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:15 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2003/0627/1573799.html :man5:

"He can't feel anything down his left leg,'' Boozer said in an interview with the Medina (Ohio) Gazette. "His leg was broken in two parts, and he's got a crushed pelvis and a broken ankle. He's already undergone six hours of surgery and is going to have more. We're all hoping for the best."
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby FirstLady on Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:34 pm

Wow! So sad to hear. I hope he recovers and is able to return to his career.
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:18 pm

Very sad story. And even though it isn't Laker news, I hope that most of the fans have their thoughts and prayers towards this man. His ability to play was amazing. I really liked him. Hopefully he will recover, and someday be able to play again...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat Jun 28, 2003 3:12 pm

Poooor guy... Man... this really sux for his career and for his health :man6:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sat Jun 28, 2003 3:30 pm

yea... this news about J-WILL really sucks. I was really looking forward for him to develope as a player in the NBA because he had so much to prove.
It is really a very disappointing sad story. FORGET ABOUT BASKETBALL RIGHT NOW.....I just hope he recovers and is able to live a normal life after such truma.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby crucifido on Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:40 pm

Why is everyone feeling sorry for him? He wasn't wearing a helmet and he did an increcibly foolish thing in the off season on his own accord. Nobody told him he had to do what he did. In fact, in his contract there is even a kicker stating he cannot take part in activites such as what he did. As far as I know he signed that contract and has now breached it by being ani idiot. He made the biggest mistake of his life, and a stupid one at that. I don't feel any pity towards him. I only feel sorry for his teammates, family, friends and the city of Chicago - those are who he really let dwon.
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby GuEsT on Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:51 pm

The words of an IDIOT......read above!!!!!!!!

Postby crucifido on Sat Jun 28, 2003 7:00 pm

Explain how they are the words of an idiot.

What about him should we feel sorry for.

That he has no common sense?
That he obviously doesn't care about anyone but himself?
That he doesn't treat his body with any respect in the offseason?
That he's now jeopardized his abillity to ever play again for the sake of an unnecessary thrill ride?
That he has no respect or regard for the words in a ocntract he signed and agreed to live by?

Look chump, a third grader can come in here, call someone an idiot and just bail without registering or ever saying anything more about their viewpoint. A real person of any intelligence actaully explainds his point of view with some kind of thought behind it. So before you come in here next time to just say one word run like a little [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.], I suggest you grow some nads and talk about things like an adult.
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:55 pm

this unfortunate incident is beyond BASKETBALL its about the rest of his future.. this guy may never walk again and its really unfortunate. Its true he made a bad decision that day but now he will have live with it for the rest of his life. That decision he made will forever be instilled in his head everytime he attempts to do any normal activities... even walk.
Everyone here is just showing some sympathy to the young man. It was a bad decision that he will now have to learn to life with.
Last edited by #1_Kobe_fan on Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby crucifido on Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:06 am

Showing sympathy for stupidity only encourages it.
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:13 am

well thats your opinion..... its not necessarily the opinion of others.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby crucifido on Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:16 am

So being sympathetic to stupidity helps deter it? No it doesn't, it just perpetuates people doing stupid things or doing thing without thinking first because they know that everyone will feel sorry for them. That's not the way to deter this kind of mindlessness in the future.
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:25 am

lol... okeedokee......
I guess you are saying that he wanted this to happen?...
I don't have to guess I'll just read your statement over again

crucifido wrote:
Why is everyone feeling sorry for him? He wasn't wearing a helmet and he did an increcibly foolish thing in the off season on his own accord. Nobody told him he had to do what he did. In fact, in his contract there is even a kicker stating he cannot take part in activites such as what he did. As far as I know he signed that contract and has now breached it by being ani idiot. He made the biggest mistake of his life, and a stupid one at that. I don't feel any pity towards him. I only feel sorry for his teammates, family, friends and the city of Chicago - those are who he really let dwon.

I guess his teammates are the ones who will be hurting. They're the ones having countless surgery and struggling with the rehab. Yes, he let them down but its only basketball.. we're talking about an entirely different game its the GAME OF LIFE and people make mistakes no matter how rich and smart they may be.

hmmm... but anyways... ok have it your way....
Last edited by #1_Kobe_fan on Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby crucifido on Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:34 am

People make mistakes sure, but when they do things despite common sense I don't see why anyone should feel sorry for him. The guy didn't even have a license to drive a motorcycle in the first place. I don't care if it's basketball or not, if he doesn't respect himself enough to take the precautions he should've then he deserves the fate that came unto him.

And no, I didn't want this to happen - you totally misunderstood.
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby GuEsT on Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:06 am

I dont need to state my case...your an idiot for making those comments!!!You figure it out.

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:50 am

It's sad when something like this happens to a person, not just cuz he plays for the NBA. Sure he made a poor choice in doin what he did, but he's just like the rest of us. And in Hindsight we can realise our mistakes and prepare that much more through experience towards the future. We can't prevent anything from occuring no matter how cautious we are. And for u, crucifido, for sayin u don't really care about people feelin sorry for his stupidity, well look again. I'm sure u too took chances in life. I'm sure you ventured out at times, and even took precaution so nothing life threatning could happen to you. But all that doesn't matter. Even if u haven't yet, I'm sure anything is bound your way, just like the rest of us.

People die in car accidents, and they have their seat belts on. But there comes that moment in time where they lose control, the car flips, and that moment lied their fate. Death. Crazy accidents happen.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Sallian on Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:11 pm

GuEsT wrote:I dont need to state my case...your an idiot for making those comments!!!You figure it out.

Am I suppose to feel bad for this person just because everyone else is feeling that way?

J-WILL was a really good player but I gotta agree with cruc .... this was ONE VERY BAD DECISION that he made.

And to that non registered troll, shut your damn hole. Maybe you can come up with better ways to disagree with him than calling him an idiot then running off like that. You're the one sounding like an idiot, idiot.
#34 - [Sallian] - #8
-[LAKERSfan4LIFE]-
Sallian

Postby crucifido on Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:26 pm

Sure I've made mistakes like evryone else, but when they were my fault due to total lack of common sense, I expected no sympathy. You don't learn anything when people just forgive you for every stupid thing you've done. Somtimes the price you pay is harsh, but justified.

In this case in particular, he didn't take any precautions. No helmet, no prior experience and not even a license to learn how to drive the damn thing. Those are three pretty huge precautions missed. So where's the sympathy for someone who totally ignores common sense? It's non-existenet as it should be.

And thanks, Sallian for agreeing with me.
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:33 pm

I'm sure Jason isn't expecting any sympathy as well. But no matter how a person gets injured, the fact still remains, that he sustained injuries. He's gonna need tons of care, and I'm sure doctors and nurses will be giving him plenty of that. And where does it say that he didn't have a helmet on, nor a liscence? He has had prior experience on motorcycles, it's stated in the article. But I can't find any words stating that he didn't have any of the items u mentioned.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Sallian on Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:47 pm

LakersGyrl2003 wrote:I'm sure Jason isn't expecting any sympathy as well. But no matter how a person gets injured, the fact still remains, that he sustained injuries. He's gonna need tons of care, and I'm sure doctors and nurses will be giving him plenty of that. And where does it say that he didn't have a helmet on, nor a liscence? He has had prior experience on motorcycles, it's stated in the article. But I can't find any words stating that he didn't have any of the items u mentioned.

Oh but i'm pretty sure he can see himself not playing anymore after this. Bulls Organization and family being quiet? That doesn't sound too good either. To me, this sounds like the end of J-WILL's career.

The worse thing that can happen to him right now is if the Bulls Org decides to void his contract and release him. The above post regarding Bobby Hurley sounds like J-WILL's future now.

Still though, I hope all goes well with the surgery and he gets back to 100%. I hate to see good talent go to waste.
#34 - [Sallian] - #8
-[LAKERSfan4LIFE]-
Sallian

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:50 pm

4real, isn't this a shame... Hurley wasn't the same after coming back from his injuries in 98. His career came to a hault just like Jason's... Jason only played a year in the NBA too... This isn't anything good to hear, especially from a young talent like him.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby crucifido on Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:50 pm

The Bulls have a right to void his contract. He breached the terms of it.

The intial report right after the accident stated that he had no licensing for driving a motorcycle and was wearing no helmet. So when you don't look out for yourself, nobody else will and sometimes the price is heavy. Oh well.

If there's no common sense or brains behind the talent I don't know how valuable he would've been to any team.
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:31 pm

I work part time in the UCLA Emergency room and I have seen so many injuries and deaths that has come from motorcycles.

Most of the code traumas that I have seen is in form of motorcycle accidents.

I have witnessed so far, 2 motorcycle deaths in the trauma room and it feels sad when the leading attending doctor announces the time of death of those victims.

I feel bad for Jay, but he should have had better judgements. Before working in the ER, I wanted to get a motorcycle real bad. But after witnessing the numerous motorcyles injuries and deaths in the ER, I'd rather use a car instead.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:42 pm

And Jason has also had a prior record for speeding, and racing, u know how that can be. And growing up, we all were made aware of wearing hemets when riding a bike, but a motorcycle is powered by a motor, and therefore is much more faster. Man... Poor Jason... Sure he trusted his skill of riding one, cuz he has had previous experience, but this is the price he has to pay for poor judgement. It's a sad thing to say, but it's thr truth... Get well soon!
LakersGyrl2003

:

Postby JSM on Sun Jun 29, 2003 8:10 pm

I admit he made a very unwise decision, but those who are saying that you don't feel sorry for him. I bet you would feel completely different if this happened to one of your loved ones, you can say it wouldn't all you want to, but until it actually happens you don't know for sure how you would act but I am quite sure it wouldn't be how you are acting now. Don't feel bad that he might never be able to play basketball again, that's fine that's one thing, but have some compassion for his family and him as a person and human being, forget playing basketball. He might never be able to walk again or do anything like he could before, feel sorry for his family because they are going through a traumatic time, having a loved one in the hospital knowing you can't do anything to help them and not knowing what is going to happen to him. You have to feel bad for him thinking he had his whole career in front of him and life for that matter to live how he has been living-doing what he loves, playing basketball, not thinking that he may not be able to do that again by just riding a motorcycle one day and might possibly be changed for the rest of his life. Yes, he had prior speeding tickets, but you know how many other NBA players have gotten speeding ticket, that means nothing.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Next

Return to NBA Discussion